Fairfax's Push for Gun Limits Dies in House [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fairfax's Push for Gun Limits Dies in House

alien-Glocker
02-17-2007, 10:22
The headline says it all--"Fairfax". Yet again our fearless leaders anti 2A agenda has gone down to defeat!

A bill promoted by Fairfax County to ban the carrying of guns into certain areas of police stations and other law enforcement buildings died in a state House subcommittee yesterday.

it did not survive yesterday's hearing in a subcommittee of the House Committee on Militia, Police and Public Safety, chaired by Del. Thomas C. Wright Jr. (R-Lunenburg). The panel's other four members also represent primarily rural areas opposed to gun restrictions.

The bill was not about police stations, but about Fairfax doing an end around preemption to enforce their non-gun agenda in public buildings--our leaders do not like that the Commonwealth has some control over their little fiefdoms. It just so happens, that some police sub stations are collocated in county building that serve as district headquarters. The substations are in secured areas and by the way are aleeady off limits to firearms in secured and jail areas.

"Fairfax County Police Chief David M. Rohrer pushed for the bill, in part because of the shooting deaths of two officers outside the Sully police station in May." This is not true, there is no law that would have stopped the shooter in this case. Perhaps if the county had done the proper maintenance on their security systems to keep the guy out of the parking lot the tragedy would not have happened.

Link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/16/AR2007021602006.html

Fungunner
02-18-2007, 06:27
Did anyone ask Fairfax and Saslaw (VA Del Fairfax) if this law would have prevented the shootout?

I'm sure the shooter would have had second thoughts and said "oh my lord, I'm gonna be breaking the law by going to the Fairfax police station with these guns I stole from my daddy".

vaglockowner
02-18-2007, 20:01
I just don't understand why some people think this law would prevent what happened at Fairfax. The kid obviously went there with a purpose to hurt police officers, which of course is against the law and that did not stop him.

vafish
02-18-2007, 20:26
This law had nothing to do with the police shooting last May.

It has everything to do with most county district representatives having their offices in the outer areas of police stations.

mallcop
02-18-2007, 20:29
F'em, and BTW I am LEO. I really hate how the urban ninjas/administrators/politicans give us normal PO-PO a bad name! nuff said.