Howell Dick's closes [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Howell Dick's closes

mikedb
02-17-2007, 12:11
I heard the Dick's in Howell closed their doors. This is an independant Dick's the not big Dick's that took over Galyans and quit selling hand guns. I have been wondering who seriously shopped there. The staff has traditionally been rude and uninformed. I would rather shop any day at Guns Galore (even before their recent transformation to somewhat friendly service).

dougwtx
02-18-2007, 07:15
They were closed last Mon and Tues getting ready for their going-out-of-business sale. They had a private sale Wed and then back open to the public Thur. I went there Wed and Fri and purchased a 44mag and 1911. Ammo is 5% off; everything else is at least 13% off and up to 40% of certain items. I'm not sure if they have closed their doors for good yet, as when I was in there, they mentioned it would take a while to clear everything out and they still had lots in inventory. I'll be watching to see if the discounts increase as time goes by.

Glockinstine
02-19-2007, 13:59
Sorry to see another mom and pop go down the tubes. I bought ammo there all the time.. Also,boot and ice fishing supplies

DialTone
03-14-2007, 17:31
I've known about this for a while, actually about a week before it was announced. It's sad, they had a nice selection...one of the nicest in the area! I bought a decent amount of guns from Ron...always willing to cut me a good deal.

I was just in there after work tonight and I see they have one Glock left. Not a bad price either...Glock 36 for $489.00! I didn't think that was too bad at all. I thought I would pass it along if anyone was interested in a new .45ACP.

Glockinstine
03-15-2007, 08:01
That is a great price. I Piad 525.00 for my g36 at GG a year ago.

Do you know how long they will still be open?

DialTone
03-15-2007, 15:42
From what they said, at the rate items are selling now probably around April 25th.

I thought that was a good price for the G36. They also still have some factory magazines left too...10 rounders. I know I saw some G21 magazines, but can't recall what the other ones were...

copperhead1200C
04-06-2007, 06:16
I'll miss dicks. they aways had a nice selection of guns in there.
guess i'll have to fight the crowds at fenton again.

Glockinstine
04-06-2007, 06:24
Yea,

I'll miss Dicks also. I have never seen a 10 rounder for a 36. I don't think they ever made one. If they did, I'll take two Now.

DialTone
04-06-2007, 16:11
Let me guess...Guns Galore? :)

Originally posted by copperhead1200C
I'll miss dicks. they aways had a nice selection of guns in there.
guess i'll have to fight the crowds at fenton again.

DialTone
04-06-2007, 16:12
The 10 rounders were for the G30 I believe...

Originally posted by Glockinstine
Yea,

I'll miss Dicks also. I have never seen a 10 rounder for a 36. I don't think they ever made one. If they did, I'll take two Now.