MSP layoffs? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : MSP layoffs?

Warhorse
02-18-2007, 07:33
I am hearing a rumor of possible layoffs of Michigan State police. Has anyone else heard this one?

MetalManMI
02-18-2007, 07:42
Originally posted by Warhorse
I am hearing a rumor of possible layoffs of Michigan State police. Has anyone else heard this one?

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070216/UPDATE/702160465

Warhorse
02-18-2007, 07:56
Thanks for the link. Sounds like a scare tactic, to try and pass some of Granholms tax increases.

xd45acp
02-22-2007, 23:25
no but for some reason that does not bother me i mean i feel bad for the guys that are getting laid off but what i dont understand is they just bought a bunch of new cars and every time i drive by the post in taylor there is at least 30 cars there. mew cars but less police something dont make since

mike23
02-23-2007, 13:02
On one hand I think, good, you voted for Granholm, so now it's time to face the consequences...

But seriously, the first thing Dems seem to cut is IMPORTANT things like cops instead of cutting welfare...

Face it, we live in a state of dumba**es! I still can't believe she won.

JoeG30XD
02-23-2007, 17:38
The funny thing is when I was in community college I spoke to a couple state police officers. They were happy when Granholm was elected because she was Pro cop etc,etc, and that things were only going to get better for the State police.
It's such a difficult department to get into I feel bad for the guys.

Errick
02-24-2007, 23:05
Originally posted by mike23
On one hand I think, good, you voted for Granholm, so now it's time to face the consequences...

But seriously, the first thing Dems seem to cut is IMPORTANT things like cops instead of cutting welfare...

Face it, we live in a state of dumba**es! I still can't believe she won.

If you look at any politician that needs to reduce a shortfall the first threat if their tax increase fails is:

Lay offs of Police, Fire, Emergency services followed by other public resources like Parks, Schools, trash removal, public transport, etc.

What we need to hear is that starting at the top for government officials and upper management 20% or more in pay cuts and expense accounts. Then maybe a 2% to 5% cut for folks down the line hitting the lower ranks last instead of first.

Just my opinion, your milage may vary.

:steamed:

rein-22
02-27-2007, 21:25
sorry michigan:tongueout: but the feds can spend billions in iraq and the states takes it up the :laughabove: i live out in the rural area we lost police coverage due to a millage vote.the only dept that covers my area is the state police...o' well time to load up on ammo..:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

xd45acp
02-28-2007, 10:00
lock and load boys

deadite
03-02-2007, 08:32
Whenever I've called police, they've never come. I respect the police and see their value, but the only encounters I've ever had with them, other than a police officer being a good friend of mine, was to ticket me for going 3 miles over the speed limit at 2AM and to harrass me when I was a teenager. I had a car stolen and the police did NOTHING to help. They made no report. They didn't even put it in the system that it was stolen. The only thing worse than not doing anything to help is to make people believe that they are there to help and not help.
I, for one(at this point), don't need the police. I'll take care of myself. For others that can't take care of themselves, call the police. JMHO. I think if the government made it easier for us to arm ourselves and defend ourselves, we wouldn't need so much police "protection". No disrespect meant, just haven't had the best of encounters with law enforcement.

deadite