today was an un-exciting hunting day [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : today was an un-exciting hunting day

noway
02-18-2007, 18:33
I think the HIs where in the low 60s but th wind made it feel like 40s. Saw one vulture and one armadillo and that was just about it it for today.Noway ( look my screenz name ) was hog or squirrel going to be exposed to the weather today.

Esox357
02-19-2007, 20:36
Sounds like my normal hunting trips, lots of exercise not much in the bag. Esox357.

Sharker
02-20-2007, 08:57
Same here. We spent the whole day on the island yesterday. The new moon tides were big, and thus the island flooded about 1030. the whole island was under 8 inches of water.
Last nite we were making a stalk with the wind at our 3oclock, and my buddy spots two pigs 15 yards infront of him, but only gets a glimps of their butts as they feed into some tall thick stuff. He hand signals me on how I can cut them off and so I treck to where we figured they would reappear. Apparently they came out 30 feet to the right, cuz as I am getting into place, I catch movement out of the corner of my eye. A jet black head pops up over the tan colored grass, and I am busted. It shoots back into the thick stuff, never to be seen again.
Better than a day in the office though.
I am not going to be able to hunt again for a long time too, so I had to enjoy every minute of it.

romperstomper
02-22-2007, 14:43
Went out tue., wed. and today. Bagged only one squirrel but saw several others. A pair jumped out right in front of me. Easy 7 yard head shot. I even had a hard time locating her with a 3x. Her partner was smart and took off but she was like a deer in headlights giving me plenty of time to fix the duplex crosshairs on her. :supergrin: