Quick, Hit this poll.....needs some help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Quick, Hit this poll.....needs some help


IPDBrad
02-19-2007, 20:38
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

MakeMineaP99
02-19-2007, 20:59
86% yes vs. 14% no. Maybe this should go to GNG?

IPDBrad
02-19-2007, 21:24
Done

toots shor
02-19-2007, 21:38
hit it. 85-15

KSFreeman
02-20-2007, 06:21
I like how the deliberately misconstrued the question. As if gun shows are conducted is some sort of bubble where state and federal laws do not apply.

Filthy liars!

TLHelmer
02-20-2007, 06:38
Good point KSF! Background checks are already performed if you buy from a dealer. If you buy from an individual at a gunshow there is no background check just like if you purchased it from him at his residence or on the street. It is winning because the people who read it go yah that is a good idea not realizing it is already required.

aerod1
02-20-2007, 07:40
I voted no.

epsylum
02-20-2007, 08:36
Originally posted by KSFreeman
I like how the deliberately misconstrued the question. As if gun shows are conducted is some sort of bubble where state and federal laws do not apply.

Filthy liars!

Exactly.

I voted no because I know what they REALLY mean (background checks on all gun purchases, even private sales).

Someone needs to let sjstill know that he really didn't spend a whole weekend on the phone doing background checks during the last gun show. It was all a dream I guess (I think "nightmare" would be more appropriate ;) ).

sjstill
02-20-2007, 20:13
Last 1500, I talked to the FBI NICS almost 200 times over the 3 day period. Sure as heck wasn't trading recipes.....

D25
02-20-2007, 20:23
Hit it.

74-26.

IPDBrad
02-21-2007, 13:41
Originally posted by epsylum
I voted no because I know what they REALLY mean (background checks on all gun purchases, even private sales).


That's why I posted the thread. That and the fact that the question is poorly worded and misleads the public.

G-niner
02-26-2007, 13:18
OK, So I'm ignorant. How exactly do I get to this poll question?

R. Emmelman
02-26-2007, 14:15
Originally posted by G-niner
OK, So I'm ignorant. How exactly do I get to this poll question?
I don't think you can now. It was on the main web site page but there is another poll there now. I don't know if they move the polls to another area after so long or not.