Texas deer lease? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Texas deer lease?

bassman-dan
02-21-2007, 04:51
I joined a 5 man deer lease on 600 acres last season and really enjoyed the experience. It was located near San Angelo and I really enjoyed the area & people I met as well as shooting some nice-sized deer. Even though we didn't kill anything huge, they were nice and we could have easily killed our limits if we had wanted to do so.
Problem is, we won't be getting that lease again this year (long story) so I'm actively searching for another. I've been scanning the classifieds on-line of several west Texas newspapers and Chambers of Commerce ads with little luck.
If any of you guys have suggestions or knowledge of lease openings, I would really appreciate the info. Thanks.

noway
02-21-2007, 06:49
Have you taken a look at that Texas sportmans journal or something like that. You can get connections and leads for people offering up leases from dove to deer.

CanyonMan
02-21-2007, 21:40
Originally posted by bassman-dan
I joined a 5 man deer lease on 600 acres last season and really enjoyed the experience. It was located near San Angelo and I really enjoyed the area & people I met as well as shooting some nice-sized deer. Even though we didn't kill anything huge, they were nice and we could have easily killed our limits if we had wanted to do so.
Problem is, we won't be getting that lease again this year (long story) so I'm actively searching for another. I've been scanning the classifieds on-line of several west Texas newspapers and Chambers of Commerce ads with little luck.
If any of you guys have suggestions or knowledge of lease openings, I would really appreciate the info. Thanks.

Our ranch is 50 north of San Angelo, I May be able to help you out.
Give me a few days and PM me, and I will see if i can give you some names, IF, they are not already booked in advance... I quite guiding recently, but there are several others around us, and Angelo.

CanyonMan

bassman-dan
02-22-2007, 19:04
Noway: Thanks for the suggestion. Will keep on lookin'.

CanyonMan: Will be sending you a PM in a few days. Thank you.