comp-tac ctac [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : comp-tac ctac

quick
02-22-2007, 03:18
i just got my compt-tac ctac iwb holster last night. :banana:

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1807/comptacctacuy2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

so far, i can understand why it so popular.

however, the retention makes drawing the weapon a bit of a challenge. it may be because the holster is still brand new. to draw the weapon requires a mighty tug on the grip. with one in the pipe, it may lead to me shooting off one or more of my toes...

i kinda like my toes exactly where they are.

so, i am thinking of filing down the two little "bumps" that secure the weapon's trigger guard to make drawing a little easier.

is my proposed action advisable?

thanks in advance.

flame suit on... :supergrin:

batangueno
02-22-2007, 04:11
Weird that you're having trouble drawing your pistol from the holster. It should be smooth based on my experience with my Comptac Gurkha, no adjustment was necessary from the day that i got it.

I think you should contact Comptac first before cutting off anything from the holster. If you're lucky it could just be a slight adjustment, if not, a holster replacement.

quick
02-22-2007, 04:15
thanks for the swift reply.

you are correct of course. maybe i'll try adjusting the holster a little before i do anything too stupid... :supergrin:

if all else fails, i'll email compt-tac.

at least because of the gun ban, i still have a few months to iron out all the kinks...

batangueno
02-22-2007, 04:18
Enjoy your holster. :)

quick
02-22-2007, 04:22
Originally posted by batangueno
Enjoy your holster. :)

thank you sir.

problem is, i can only really start enjoying it AFTER the gun ban!! :brickwall:

bagito
02-22-2007, 04:28
Originally posted by batangueno
Weird that you're having trouble drawing your pistol from the holster. It should be smooth based on my experience with my Comptac Gurkha, no adjustment was necessary from the day that i got it.

+1:thumbsup: got 2 for my g23 and commander. one of the best iwb holster in the market.

nelany
02-22-2007, 07:54
Need to break in the holster. Bago pa siya!

vega
02-22-2007, 09:06
Pahiran mo ng tire black para dumulas ng konti.

jbr3006
02-22-2007, 09:59
Originally posted by quick
i just got my compt-tac ctac iwb holster last night. :banana:

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1807/comptacctacuy2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

so far, i can understand why it so popular.

however, the retention makes drawing the weapon a bit of a challenge. it may be because the holster is still brand new. to draw the weapon requires a mighty tug on the grip. with one in the pipe, it may lead to me shooting off one or more of my toes...

i kinda like my toes exactly where they are.

so, i am thinking of filing down the two little "bumps" that secure the weapon's trigger guard to make drawing a little easier.

is my proposed action advisable?

thanks in advance.

flame suit on... :supergrin:

J.B. with Comp-tac here. Have you backed out tension screws yet? If so and there are still issues please PM me. Thank you

horge
02-22-2007, 17:36
vega's right:
IME Armor-All helps slick the polymer a little,
without harming it or the gun.

:)
and congrats on the new gear!!

quick
02-22-2007, 19:03
thanks for all the replies fellas. i appreciate it. :hugs:

Originally posted by jbr3006
J.B. with Comp-tac here. Have you backed out tension screws yet? If so and there are still issues please PM me. Thank you

hi JB. thanks for the tip. i kinda realized last night that the tension was adjustable... i adjusted the two tension screws and everything is A-OK. :thumbsup:

i suppose i was a little too excited about actually getting the holster that simple logic flew right out the window... :blondmoment:

let's just keep this between ourselves, shall we? he he he.

batangueno
02-22-2007, 20:39
Originally posted by jbr3006
Wow, excellent service from Comptac. :thumbsup:

horge
02-24-2007, 16:42
Wow, excellent service from Comptac. :thumbsup:
Yeah, I'm pretty impressed with J.B.'s (of Comp-tac)
attention to customers evidenced on this thread!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

horge