Any JAGs in the House... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any JAGs in the House...

whiskey_moodz
02-22-2007, 20:52
I have been working on my second year of college working on my Criminal Justice degree. I am hoping to get a job in federal law enforcement upon graduations. But I have been reading the forums at Job911.com and I am starting to realize just how competitive those jobs are so I am looking for a plan be.

I have decided that while I wait for my application to be approved I will continue to go to school and just try to obtain my Juris Doctor degree and try out to be a Navy JAG.

I am Marine Corp prior service with a re enlistment code of RE-1A.

Now my question is how hard is it to obtain a direct commisson
into being a Navy Lawyer?

spilfdotcom9021
02-22-2007, 21:05
What's wrong with being a Marine Corps JAG? What happened to "once a Marine, always a Marine"? BTW, what is plan "be"?

RM
02-22-2007, 21:10
Yah, why not PLC law?

whiskey_moodz
02-22-2007, 21:16
Originally posted by spilfdotcom9021
What's wrong with being a Marine Corps JAG? What happened to "once a Marine, always a Marine"? BTW, what is plan "be"?

Well I am 31 years old..By the time I finish school I think I will be over the 35 year old age limit to receive a commission from the Marine Corps. Now unless they change that and mirror up like the Navy when the time comes then that is the route I will go but it not then going blue will have to do...

Typo I the letter b... forgive me...

RM
02-22-2007, 21:19
Have you talked to an OSO? A waiver would be required, but the statutory law is that you must be able to serve 20 years on active duty by the time you are 55. Since you already have AD time, that pushes back the age. You would be commission upon completion of OCS into the IRR while you finish law school and after passing the Bar go to TBS.