How many GLIPSC shooters are shooting GSSF Indoor [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How many GLIPSC shooters are shooting GSSF Indoor

KYgundoc
02-23-2007, 20:03
Who is going to Open Range to shoot the GSSF indoor match on March 3rd? I know "Born to Glock" is going and he is going to shoot a 500. Anyone Riki how about you? I want to see this new range myself. I also want to see how they do on the first match and how they handle the problems that always come up. I have to assume that GSSF will be with them for the first match so they will handle the problems.
Dean

TeamSpringfield
02-23-2007, 20:08
Count me in.... Does the Springfield XD count??? :supergrin: Just kidding. Need to dust off the Glock 17.

45gunner
02-23-2007, 20:09
Im there.

KYgundoc
02-23-2007, 20:15
Does the Springfield XD count???
They count but not at this match. I will bet that if you take it and tell them it is a G-17 that they will not notice.

45gunner
02-23-2007, 21:02
I bet you shoot as well with the G17 as you do with the Springfield. I believe you did very well the last time you shot a Glock.

But then again you you would have to change your name to TeamGlock if you started liking them.

nighthunter30
02-23-2007, 21:02
I will be there

Berretta9
02-23-2007, 21:07
I'm going.

Ridgeway
02-23-2007, 21:18
I'll be there.

Though I've yet to ever make it to a match @ Bluegrass. :)

(I do seem to be @ open range on a weekly basis though, so much more convenient...)

domzilla9
02-23-2007, 22:34
I'm going to try to make it. Attending a good friend's wedding that day, may be wrapped up helping with that.

TreehugginGlock
02-23-2007, 23:29
I plan on going. Will be cheering for Born to Glock since he's kind of related, too, though I don't usually claim him. He claims he's pretty good now. Course I haven't actually seen the targets myself.

Rikki
02-24-2007, 07:17
Dean- I got a nice block of shooters I could bring down, but some of them want to know what the match set up is gonna be before they commit to coming down.
If the hosting range wants to post all the particulars about the match they might get a good turnout; but, there's not a single shooter from my group that's interested in another "fly by the seat of your pants" match.
For me, 9 miles North of the river(SilverCreek)makes alot more sense.
You and Caske have cost me ALOT of $$$ by introducing me to USPSA- but for me it's the best shooting value out there.

45gunner
02-24-2007, 08:03
Originally posted by Rikki
Dean- I got a nice block of shooters I could bring down, but some of them want to know what the match set up is gonna be before they commit to coming down.
If the hosting range wants to post all the particulars about the match they might get a good turnout; but, there's not a single shooter from my group that's interested in another "fly by the seat of your pants" match.
For me, 9 miles North of the river(SilverCreek)makes alot more sense.
You and Caske have cost me ALOT of $$$ by introducing me to USPSA- but for me it's the best shooting value out there.

Rikki,
All of the GSSF match are standard Glock Matches designed for indoor ranges. This is no such thing as an offical Glock match that is "fly by the seat of your pants"

I realize you can't make it today but Silver Creek has a Steel match once a month on Saturday. For those of you who have not shot steel it's just like shooting an IPSC match but the last target you hit is a steel stop place.

There are also different classifications as in IPSC

cpolk
02-24-2007, 09:04
I'll be there.

Rikki
02-24-2007, 21:58
45 gunner says:
"All of the GSSF match are standard Glock Matches designed for indoor ranges. This is no such thing as an offical Glock match that is "fly by the seat of your pants"

Sorry, but I personally find that statement 100% inaccurate.
Reshoots weren't given at many ranges with factory ammo.
Some ranges have 6 at a time shoot, others 1...
Some ranges let you shoot the same gun as many times as you want for the elusive 500.
Some ranges "warned" the shooter if he went over on time.
Some ranges make you shoot 2/3 matches for drawing eligibility.
Some ranges charge different anmmounts for entry fees.
Some lumped optics and UL guns with stock.
Of the 4 different ranges I've shot IndoorGSSF on, no TWO ran the program the same.
I'd like to know specifically what this new venue is going to offer and require.
I'd also like to know which ranges you shot at that administered the program the "same".
I've shot alot of Indoor GSSF, and it's fun, but I, and other shooters want to know what we're being offered. I've shot too much and am way to old to buy a pig in a poke with a half assed promise.

domzilla9
02-24-2007, 23:50
Rikki says:
Some ranges let you shoot the same gun as many times as you want for the elusive 500.
Of the 4 different ranges I've shot IndoorGSSF on, no TWO ran the program the same.

I am not suprised that of the four ranges you've shot IndoorGSSF in that no two matches were run the same since they probably weren't run by the same people. GSSFIndoor league shoots are not closely regulated by GSSF and most everyone who has shot indoor GSSF at four or different ranges has realized this and come to terms with it or they've moved on to something else. Please consider this: Many indoor ranges that start up a GSSF league have no prior experience running matches of any kind. Also, no two indoor ranges are set up the same way or have the same resources in terms of equipment or personnel. And since GSSF Indoor attracts mostly neophyte competitors who have no idea of how the match is supposed to be run or how to participate in it, which only makes matters more confusing.

I think that the reason that the matches at Sportshooters went so well was largely due to Ray Yeager's experience running indoor competitions. And I am sure that he did things that other ranges that were veterans of GSSF Indoor would have taken exception to. Bluegrass Indoor's first GSSF Indoor League Match (I'm talking about the first match in the three match series) was RO'd, scored and organized by well-intentioned experienced USPSA competitors that had never shot a GSSF match of any kind, much less a GSSF Indoor League Match. Why? Because they were the only people who would do the job.

GSSF'Indoor League's lack of consistency is the direct result of its lack of management. If this bothers you then you're bound to be dissapointed by any GSSF Indoor Leage match that you're not running yourself. It's simply about economy of scale. No indoor match is going to draw enough people to warrant being organized and run by a Glock Employee. The match organization has to be left in the hands of the local range and even if you published a 5" thick rule book no two match organizers or RO's would read the rules the same way.

I'd like to know specifically what this new venue is going to offer and require.

Then call them and ask them, specifically, what they will offer and require.

Openrange Indoor Gun Range
6401 Cross Keys Blvd
Crestwood, KY 40014
(502) 243-8282

As far as I know, no one from GLIPSC is helping Openrange run their GSSF match and I haven't heard a name that I recognize associated with the organization of the match.

I am planning on showing up with a G17 and a G21 and shooting my best and going with the flow. I am not going to freak out and have an apoplectic fit if they allow someone to run a "UL" gun with an reddot optic for one score and then remove the optic and shoot the same damn gun again another score in the same match while claiming that removal of reddot has somehow magically transformed the model of the gun.

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but when you've shot enough USPSA you'll butt up against inconsistent interpretation and enforcement of the rules there as well. But then you'll have something else to complain about, so maybe that's a good thing.

45gunner
02-25-2007, 18:38
45 gunner says:
"All of the GSSF match are standard Glock Matches designed for indoor ranges. This is no such thing as an offical Glock match that is "fly by the seat of your pants"

Sorry, but I personally find that statement 100% inaccurate.
I'd also like to know which ranges you shot at that administered the program the "same".
I've shot alot of Indoor GSSF, and it's fun, but I, and other shooters want to know what we're being offered. I've shot too much and am way to old to buy a pig in a poke with a half assed promise.

I was referring to what matches are shot. Etc 5 to glock. You were not specific as to what you were asking.

45gunner
02-25-2007, 19:09
Riki,
Please let us know what the rules are if you find out.

Rikki
02-25-2007, 20:16
Hey, go and have a good time.
I don't think it's gonna be my cup of tea this time-even though they cleaned up the UL/optic issue.
I appreciate Dean's interest in getting me and the guys down there.
See you at SilverCreek, for sure.

openrange
02-27-2007, 15:25
Before I forget the last match is changed from May 5th to May 12th (we forgot about Derby).

Great questions and comments.... lets see if i can answer a few.

>>> only if the ammo sucks. if the gun is bad, no reshoot, so check your gun ahead of time. Speaking of which why not test it out where the match will be... better yet, try the course of fire on our automated system. if its one bad cartridge of ammo only one reshoot at one distance per gun cause we don't want to stop the line cause you have a bad box of ammo.

>>> we have an automated couse of fire so one or 12 can shoot depending on how many lanes we have available. we also have the public using our range so we may only use our 5 bay specific for the match. Depends how many of you show and during what time. We will do our best to make sure you have fun.

>>>one gun, one shoot. A gun has one serial number, so the same gun w/o optics is still the same gun.

>>> our system automatically turns away the target on time. Not possible to go over time. that being said, a rip - or a shot that was taken while the target turns will NOT be counted.

>>> that is our rule.

>>>> $15 per gun. as many guns as you want as long as they don't look like an XD ( - :

>>> all guns lumped.

>>>> no comment

>>> give a call, come on in! you can run the program at any time to try it out.

PSSSS
We're all here to have fun. We will have a rep from Glock as well as some friends that are familiar with the matches to help.

We will attempt to run smoothly with our automated system. That being said everything that can fail might! So be patient, be kind as we break our gssf virginity!!!!

Barry

6401 Cross Keys
Crestwood, KY 40014
502-243-8282
openrangesports.com

domzilla9
02-27-2007, 23:14
Barry, thanks for answering everyone's questions. What time will you get started on Saturday?

Berretta9
02-28-2007, 07:35
If I read this right, you are allowing guns with optics and U/L guns ?

openrange
02-28-2007, 09:45
We open our doors at 11 am and close at 8pm. Don't show after 7pm cause it will be difficult with closing etc, plus give us enuf time to take care of you correctly.

As far as the GSSF rules go.... any Glock can shoot with as many mods as you want. I will say, though, that it must be a Glock frame.

see you Saturday....

Lwolfnky
02-28-2007, 21:57
FRANKFORT WILL BE THERE.

Also, I spoke to Paula Fortner at GLOCK via email. She stated that there will be a representative from the GSSF at the first match.

Looking forward to going to this match. And YES Dean, I plan to try real hard to get a 500!! It keeps elluding me (498,496)

domzilla9
02-28-2007, 22:34
[WHOOPS wrong thread!]

Berretta9
03-01-2007, 07:31
I knew I had seen a memo from Glock on modified guns at indoor shoots. Use of optics is clearly an unfair advantage. It also addresses other mods.

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php...oor+GSSF+Rules:

Did everyone get this in the mail ?

Berretta9
03-01-2007, 07:41
For what ever reason I can't get the link to work. If you go to the GSSF section, there is a better link. It's on the thread on inoor matches and optics.

domzilla9
03-01-2007, 07:58
Beretta9,

Linky no worky. You need to post the link to the thread id if possible.

Not having seen the memo myself, do you really think that optics is an advantage in timed fire at distances under 25 yards? I don't. I'll bet you $10 that if optics are allowed that the high score won't go to a shooter with a reddot.

A $250 c-more still can't pull the trigger for you. If there is an advantage, it's purely psychological.

PM me if you have time to do lunch today on Hurstbourne.

Berretta9
03-01-2007, 08:27
I don't think a red dot alone makes a BIG difference but it is an edge and Glock did address it. Any time you can spend more time on a smooth trigger press because you didn't have to take time with the sight picture it's an advantage. The problem is you will have guys showing up with magnified red dots and scopes and thats a huge difference. Anything other than notch and post sights needs to be in a seperate catagory and like I said, Glock did address it here recently.. P/M sent

openrange
03-01-2007, 11:33
Okay here are the rules:

40.30 ALLOWABLE MODIFICATIONS TO STOCK:
1) Hogue grip sleeves, A-Grip panels, "skateboard tape" or any other grip-enhancing materials that do not materially alter the function of the stock firearm.
2) Slide and barrel stripping and or refinishing.
3) Pearce Grip Inc. grip extenders only on the G26, G27, G29, G30, G33, G36 and G39 magazines.
4) Aftermarket replacement non-metalic base plates on magazines.
5) Post and notch sights excluding any sight requiring slide modifications. Please note that fiber-optic and express sights are now approved.

You may use any combination of Glock produced firearms parts that do not result in a significant competitive advantage in the stock divisions and are, in the sole opinion of the match armorer, safe to utilize.

ANYTHING THAT IS NOT ALLOWED IN 40.30 IS NOT STOCK. PERIOD. YOU WILL BE MOVED TO "MASTER UNLIMITED DIVISION" which will offer a separate plaque.

So my previous message that everything is "lumped" is incorrect! Sorry for any mix ups. Stock is stock.

See you saturday....

Barry

Lwolfnky
03-01-2007, 16:25
I am glad to see that OpenRange is paying attention to this sight and keeping up with the rules!! Kudos!!

Thanks

45gunner
03-01-2007, 18:05
Based on past experience at SportShooters people with Optics almost never did any better.

The Optics seem to only help on speed shoots.

Berretta9
03-01-2007, 20:41
Not true. A guy shot a 498 and used a magnified red dot. Mute point anyway.

45gunner
03-01-2007, 21:09
Originally posted by Berretta9
Not true. A guy shot a 498 and used a magnified red dot. Mute point anyway.

And Dean, Ray, and Grady shot a 500 without a red dot. What's you point?

KYgundoc
03-01-2007, 21:11
Don't forget that RTgap shot a 500 with his red dot equipt G37 and had a few more "X" hits than I did on that match.

KYgundoc
03-01-2007, 21:13
Now I have to take my magwell and guide rod out of my G35 before I can shoot it Saturday.

45gunner
03-01-2007, 21:33
Originally posted by KYgundoc
Don't forget that RTgap shot a 500 with his red dot equipt G37 and had a few more "X" hits than I did on that match.

Yes he did. He also shot it several times and did not do so well.

He finally did well when Danny gave him some special reloads.

KYgundoc
03-01-2007, 21:49
I have not shot an indoor match in so long I think I am going to crash and burn Saturday. I was hoping to practice for the indoor at the Glipsc match tonight but as that was canceled now I guess Treehuggin is going to beat me. Somebody cheer me up, I didn't get to shoot tonight and I am having a shooting Jones I guess. Rikki You may as well come and shoot as I am not going to cause you any trouble.

45gunner
03-01-2007, 21:51
Full rules:

40.30 Allowable Modifications to “Stock”
1. “Hogue Grip”-type sleeves, “A-Grip” panels, “skateboard tape” or other grip-enhancing materials
that do not materially alter the function of the stock firearm
2. Slide and barrel stripping and/or refinishing
3. Pearce Grip, Inc. grip extenders only on G26, G27, G29, G30, G33, G36 and G39 magazines
4. Aftermarket replacement non-metallic base plates on magazines
5. Post and notch sights (“patridge” sights) excluding any sight requiring slide modifications. Please
note that fiber-optic and “express” sights are approved.
You may use any combination of GLOCK-produced firearms parts that do not result in a significant
competitive advantage in the amateur divisions and that are, in the sole opinion of the match armorer, safe
to utilize.
40.40 Specific Illegal Modifications in the “Stock” Divisions:
1. Any non-post and notch sight. This includes “Ghost Ring” or laser, electronic and optical sights.
Please note that fiber-optic and express sights are permitted.
2. Wrap-around “grip sleeves” on magazines.
3. Aftermarket component parts to be used in the Amateur-Civilian, Amateur-Guardian, Amateur and
Master-Subcompact, Amateur and Master-MajorSub, Amateur and Master-Stock, or Amateur and
Master-Competition divisions.
4. Aftermarket barrels.
5. Aftermarket recoil spring guide/recoil reducer assemblies.
6. Aftermarket extended slide stop levers.
7. Firing pins (modified/aftermarket).
8. Connectors (modified/aftermarket).
9. Metallic magazine well “funnels” or “slugs”.
10. Lights or other barrel weights including GLOCK-produced light/laser units.
11. Any modification deemed by the Range Master to create an unfair

I believe that even make all guns with lightened trigger with non Gock Part illegal.
"You may use any combination of GLOCK-produced firearms
parts that do not result in a significant
competitive advantage in the amateur divisions and that are, in the sole opinion of the match armorer, safe
to utilize."

So I could be a prick and make everyone with trigger job with set screws be declared illegal. Since that is not a Glock part and it's also result in a significant competitive advantage..

45gunner
03-01-2007, 21:52
Originally posted by KYgundoc
I have not shot an indoor match in so long I think I am going to crash and burn Saturday. I was hoping to practice for the indoor at the Glipsc match tonight but as that was canceled now I guess Treehuggin is going to beat me. Somebody cheer me up, I didn't get to shoot tonight and I am having a shooting Jones I guess. Rikki You may as well come and shoot as I am not going to cause you any trouble.

I practiced at BIR today and was shooting well.
But at matches I usually get nervous.

domzilla9
03-01-2007, 21:55
Originally posted by 45gunner
And Dean, Ray, and Grady shot a 500 without a red dot. What's you point?

Ahem. And Dom shot a 500 with out a red dot.

Red Dots are for sissies and the elderly.

45gunner
03-01-2007, 21:56
Sorry Dom.

Everyone gets lucky except for me.

You Red Dot sissies.

domzilla9
03-01-2007, 22:01
Hmm, all this talk about "competitive advantages".....Beretta9, what's the power factor on that load that you're shooting these days? :tongueout:

45gunner
03-01-2007, 22:02
Originally posted by domzilla9
Hmm, all this talk about "competitive advantages".....Beretta9, what's the power factor on that load that you're shooting these days? :tongueout:

I betting its a wimpy 3/4GunDoc load.:animlol:

KYgundoc
03-01-2007, 22:03
Now I know I am going to shoot Jims XD and see if anyone notices. That or just shoot the melted gun.

45gunner
03-01-2007, 22:04
A GunDoc load definition:

Barely Mininum Power factor load in which the brass barely clears the chamber or falls on his wrist as it is ejecting.

Rikki
03-01-2007, 22:35
"Rikki You may as well come and shoot as I am not going to cause you any trouble."

Awww, you never cause me any trouble anyway- it's my WALLET you cause trouble!
I got a nice phone call and invite,and I'd like to come down, but I'm booked Saturday.
I can't make it,besides,too much Drama for an old coot like me.
I might get confused and forget to take out my Match Grade Slide Lock, Ghost Rocket Connector,Titanium Guide Rod,Lightning Striker,
IMSA hot wire recoil and striker springs,Claw Hammer extractor,2# trigger kit and...
I can't seem to find that stock bbl, so I'd have to use the fitted Kart...
I would like to know who was shooting a redot w/magnification-
what a leper-
or at least the brand of the magna/dot-I'm not aware of that combo being offered.

45gunner
03-02-2007, 05:17
"Rikki You may as well come and shoot as I am not going to cause you any trouble."

Awww, you never cause me any trouble anyway- it's my WALLET you cause trouble!
I got a nice phone call and invite,and I'd like to come down, but I'm booked Saturday.
I can't make it,besides,too much Drama for an old coot like me.
I might get confused and forget to take out my Match Grade Slide Lock, Ghost Rocket Connector,Titanium Guide Rod,Lightning Striker,
IMSA hot wire recoil and striker springs,Claw Hammer extractor,2# trigger kit and...
I can't seem to find that stock bbl, so I'd have to use the fitted Kart...
I would like to know who was shooting a redot w/magnification-
what a leper-
or at least the brand of the magna/dot-I'm not aware of that combo being offered.

Etc you would like to get one for your Glock:)

45gunner
03-02-2007, 05:22
A person with a truly stock glock would probably come in first since this person would be very rare to find.

Rikki
03-02-2007, 06:58
"Etc you would like to get one for your Glock"
No,power factors on pistols(even as low as 1.5x) don't work for me.
I'd like to know who was shooting a magnafied redot or what brand it was because I think it would be a hot setup on an AR.
I know UltraDot was looking into a 1.5x redot, but couldn't solve the paralax(sp) problem.
I'm not talking about a "lighted reticle"- if there's a true redot out there with anything over 1x I'm going to be surprised.

It sounds to me like OpenRange is on top of the game and is gonna offer up a good shoot in what I've heard is a State of the Art Facility.Wish I could make it, but there's noway.
OH! I almost forgot!
Gosh! Some of you guys will need to take your ButtPlugs out before you shoot- from the looks of some of these bitter posts I think they're starting to chaffe, and I'm pretty sure a buttplug ain't legal-

Berretta9
03-02-2007, 07:36
Full rules:

40.30 Allowable Modifications to “Stock”
1. “Hogue Grip”-type sleeves, “A-Grip” panels, “skateboard tape” or other grip-enhancing materials
that do not materially alter the function of the stock firearm
2. Slide and barrel stripping and/or refinishing
3. Pearce Grip, Inc. grip extenders only on G26, G27, G29, G30, G33, G36 and G39 magazines
4. Aftermarket replacement non-metallic base plates on magazines
5. Post and notch sights (“patridge” sights) excluding any sight requiring slide modifications. Please
note that fiber-optic and “express” sights are approved.
You may use any combination of GLOCK-produced firearms parts that do not result in a significant
to utilize.
40.40 Specific Illegal Modifications in the “Stock” Divisions:
1. Any non-post and notch sight. This includes “Ghost Ring” or laser, electronic and optical sights.
Please note that fiber-optic and express sights are permitted.
2. Wrap-around “grip sleeves” on magazines.
3. Aftermarket component parts to be used in the Amateur-Civilian, Amateur-Guardian, Amateur and
Master-Subcompact, Amateur and Master-MajorSub, Amateur and Master-Stock, or Amateur and
Master-Competition divisions.
4. Aftermarket barrels.
5. Aftermarket recoil spring guide/recoil reducer assemblies.
6. Aftermarket extended slide stop levers.
7. Firing pins (modified/aftermarket).
8. Connectors (modified/aftermarket).
9. Metallic magazine well “funnels” or “slugs”.
10. Lights or other barrel weights including GLOCK-produced light/laser units.
11. Any modification deemed by the Range Master to create an unfair

I believe that even make all guns with lightened trigger with non Gock Part illegal.
"You may use any combination of GLOCK-produced firearms
parts that do not result in a significant
to utilize."

So I could be a prick and make everyone with trigger job with set screws be declared illegal. Since that is not a Glock part and it's also result in a significant competitive advantage..

What do you mean by " Coluld be ". I'm just saying that using a red dot or especially a magnified red dot gives an edge to someone who would not otherwise do as well. The above mentioned 500 shooters did it because they were good enough and without crutches.
My reloads do make minor. Your's are the ones that get stuck in the gun.

domzilla9
03-02-2007, 07:46
My reloads do make minor. Your's are the ones that get stuck in the gun.

Pot,

I seem to remember one of your reloads having to be driven out with a squib rod. My problem was caused by that aftermarket guide rod I was running.

- Kettle

Berretta9
03-02-2007, 07:55
Kettle,
Only one I ever had ( to date ). As a newby I didn't know to check them all in a barrel for bulges. It wasn't just the bullit, it was the whole damn cartridge. Had nothing to do with a weak load, just too fat brass. I now throw all the AMERC brass away.

45gunner
03-02-2007, 16:33
Kettle,
Only one I ever had ( to date ). As a newby I didn't know to check them all in a barrel for bulges. It wasn't just the bullit, it was the whole damn cartridge. Had nothing to do with a weak load, just too fat brass. I now throw all the AMERC brass away.

Pott,

Pott has done very well reloading and has had less problems that anyone I know of includeing myself.

Your are the one that started the conversation about bullets getting stuck.

Whatever Pott started using is good. He beat me several times using it.

I'm no sure what happened after that though.

What can I say. I'm officially in a slump. When that happens to me I don't compete anymore I practice. So your may not see me again until I start shooting better.

You guys know were just joking right:laughabove:

45gunner
03-02-2007, 19:26
Kettle,

I reload Amerc brass. The case is a little harder and needs a little more flare at the mouth.Since the brass is harder due to more compression on the downstroke of the flaring tool you end of not getting as much flare. If you don't flare it enough the brass will shave the lead resulting in a bullets thats fat underneath the mouth of the brass because the lead is pushed up under the mouth then crimped. Resulting in a buldge that won't feed. If you shoot bullets with lubricate you also end up getting lub up in the bullet press die that you must clean out often.

Try putting a little more flare in the mouth then load up a bullet and run it through a case gauge. I bet it will still work.

Berretta9
03-02-2007, 20:19
The bulge was at the bottom of the brass. Does that still mean it's not flared enough at the top ??

TreehugginGlock
03-02-2007, 20:34
A person with a truly stock glock would probably come in first since this person would be very rare to find. Guess that will make me a rarity once again since I'll be shooting my 17 that has not been Deanorized yet.

Don't worry, gunner, I'll go easy on ya. Indoor Glock hasn't been my focus as of late and by tonight's practice results, I'll be lucky to get decent mid-400s.

When does everyone plan on shooting? I'm thinking of heading down around noonish.

I hear Born to Glock (my brother) won't be making it after all for this match. Too many obligations, you know. Pity, he's really been focusing in on the indoor match during practice and it sounds like he's going to be up there with Dean and the boys when he finally makes his show. I, however, will only be nice window dressing.

cpolk
03-02-2007, 20:39
Ran through the set up tonight to help Barry test everything. Found it really nice. The electronic targets were great. Should be a good time for all Sat.

45gunner
03-03-2007, 06:00
The bulge was at the bottom of the brass. Does that still mean it's not flared enough at the top ??

Nope.I'm just telling you what problems I have experienced with Amerec brass.

45gunner
03-03-2007, 06:01
Originally posted by TreehugginGlock
Guess that will make me a rarity once again since I'll be shooting my 17 that has not been Deanorized yet.

Don't worry, gunner, I'll go easy on ya. Indoor Glock hasn't been my focus as of late and by tonight's practice results, I'll be lucky to get decent mid-400s.

When does everyone plan on shooting? I'm thinking of heading down around noonish.

I hear Born to Glock (my brother) won't be making it after all for this match. Too many obligations, you know. Pity, he's really been focusing in on the indoor match during practice and it sounds like he's going to be up there with Dean and the boys when he finally makes his show. I, however, will only be nice window dressing.

Yeew!.. Thanks for the warning. Had you not said that I might not have came to the match.

domzilla9
03-03-2007, 06:52
I don't know if I am going to make it. I've got a wedding to go to and the wife is working today and my sitter arrangements for the kids have been tentative. We'll see. But I'm going to try.

TeamSpringfield
03-03-2007, 09:35
Sorry I could not make it!!

45gunner
03-03-2007, 09:46
They don't close till 7:00.

openrange
03-03-2007, 18:56
I want to thank everyone who joined us at Openrange today. You were a great group of folks, followed gun safety to the 't', and were awesome shots. Thanks for making our first Glock Match a great experience. Special thanks to Beth, Carey and Grady for all your input to help soften the rough edges before the match and give some great thoughts on running the event.

Look forward to the 2nd and 3rd of the series and tell your friends they can still enter #2 and #3 and be in the drawing for the Glock.

Ps. We won the Best Small Business of Oldham County in 2007 by the Oldham County Chamber of Commerce yesterday. We had competition from car dealers, restraunts and other biz's. Besides the validation that we have a good thing going, it is remarkable that a GUN RANGE won the Best Small Business Award... tell your friends, visit us soon and we look forward to your comments...

Barry

domzilla9
03-03-2007, 19:20
Barry, that award is indeed impressive. Congratulations. How many shooters did you have total today?

And congrats to Grady!!

45gunner
03-03-2007, 19:34
Originally posted by domzilla9
Barry, that award is indeed impressive. Congratulations. How many shooters did you have total today?

And congrats to Grady!!

Barry,
That was the best run Glock Indoor match, not to mention the safest, I have been to. My hats off to you. I did not hear a single complaint about ANYTHING as to how the Glock matches were run. The Glock Armor was very knowledable and helpful and really go me want one of the new Glocks.

I did not see a single instance of improper guns handling during a match primarily due to the way the RO's range the matches.

I practiced a little before I shot and the other range was ran that same. I was plesantly suprised to see the target already there and the bench rest setting on the shooting bench in the rifle range.

The way the stages were run with the targets turning away remove all doubt and argument as to when the time was up. This has always been a source of dispute at most matches.

I did go upstairs and look the paintball range over. Awsome for teenager while their parents are shooting.

You have a really fantastic place thats lots of familys should enjoy.

John W.

:thumbsup:

Did Grady shoot a 500 Dom?

45gunner
03-03-2007, 19:37
Guess that will make me a rarity once again since I'll be shooting my 17 that has not been Deanorized yet.

Treehuggin beat me and a high percentage of other people with her free stock Glock. Good going.

:banana:

openrange
03-03-2007, 20:35
We had 21 separate shooters with 33 entries all together.

Thanks for the comments and we plan on having about 2x - 3x the entries on the next rounds.

You are all welcome anytime and any comment to make Openrange the best experience possible let us know!

Barry

TheGirl
03-03-2007, 22:13
Had a wonderful time today helping you out on your first match. You guys did a fabulous job with the match, keeping it moving, organization, safety, you name it... Awesome job, am looking forward to the next 2 without a doubt!.

cpolk
03-03-2007, 22:20
I like this thread better.

TheGirl
03-03-2007, 22:21
Playing hide and seek again?

cpolk
03-03-2007, 22:25
No. The match today was one of the nicest I've been to and the safest. One the reasons I shoot regularly at Openrange is the safty, helpful staff and the great facility. Will be bringing my brother in law to shoot and the nephews are looking forward to the paintball. Barry, thanks again for putting together such great match.

TreehugginGlock
03-04-2007, 10:44
Thanks for the pat on the back, 45gunner. That was my best yet at an indoor match. I think you let me win, though, just so you would see my happy dance. :dancingbanana:

My only suggestion for a change at OpenRange is to provide a stepping stool or something like that so us shorties can use it to get at good angle to put our own targets into the holders. Other than that, it was a very impressive range.:jumpingjacks:

45gunner
03-04-2007, 12:00
Thanks for the pat on the back, 45gunner. That was my best yet at an indoor match. I think you let me win, though, just so you would see my happy dance. :dancingbanana:

My only suggestion for a change at OpenRange is to provide a stepping stool or something like that so us shorties can use it to get at good angle to put our own targets into the holders. Other than that, it was a very impressive range.:jumpingjacks:

Yea Dean could not touch the target either.

KYgundoc
03-04-2007, 12:03
As I understand it Open Range has an attendant to hang your Target for you. My kind of place.

45gunner
03-04-2007, 12:15
I shot at the rifle range. A target is already standing. The concrete benches have a Caldwell Bench rest and stock support and stool already at the bench.

openrange
03-04-2007, 17:01
You NEVER have to hang a new target backer or police brass at Openrange... you also get your first target free and if you want to place another just tape to the original backer. You can also page us on our intercom system and one of our staff will do whatever is necessary to make your visit a blast (within ATF guidlines of course!).

Thanks for the kind comments and see ya soon!