Sunday, April 1, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Ben Avery Shooting Facility
4044 W. Black Canyon Blvd.
Phoenix, Arizona 85086

Exit I-17 at Carefree Hwy. - exit 223;go west Ĺ mile to Long Shot Drive

Event information:
(602) 789-3241

Free admission and parking!

Take your family and friends to enjoy this yearís free Expo full of fun activities and exhibits about the great outdoors!

The Arizona Game and Fish Department invites you, your family and friends to the 2007 Outdoor Expo. Formerly known as Arizona Game and Fish Departmentís Shooting Showcase, this yearís exposition has expanded to include activities, demonstrations and exhibits in the areas of hunting, fishing, recreational shooting, archery, off-highway vehicle (OHV) and watercraft recreation, conservation and wildlife education, camping and other outdoor elements. Many vendors, sponsors and exhibitors will be available to demonstrate and sell new products, seek public participation and conduct informative workshops about a variety of outdoor recreational opportunities. More specifically, outdoor enthusiasts will:

Try out the latest firearms on the shooting range

Observe shooting demonstrations by firearm manufacturers and dealers

Visit with outdoor, conservation and sportsmanís organizations

View OHV and all-terrain vehicles on display

Learn about off-road riding and safety

Tour the latest RVs and boats on display

Learn about watercraft safety and boating

Participate in kids outdoor activities, including fishing, shooting and using remote-controlled boats

Watch Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) Commissionerís Cup for sporting clays competition

Attend workshops about critter calling, outdoor cooking and hunting with dogs

Watch Archery in Schools (AIS) & Arizona State University collegiate archery competitions

Acquire archery tips

Enjoy refreshments from on-site food vendors

Attend hunting workshops

Traverse hunter education field courses and trails

Observe fishing demonstrations

Learn about wildlife management and conservation

View live animals, ncluding birds and reptiles from Arizona Game and Fish Department's Adobe Mountain Wildlife Center

Watch Arizona Wildlife Views television series

The Expo will be held at the world-renowned Ben Avery Shooting Facility, the largest public-operated shooting facility in the country.

Free event trolley transportation throughout the 1,690 acres will enable you to explore all of the action at the Activity Center, the Airgun and Smallbore ranges, the newly improved and managed Clay Target Center, and archery ranges.

For more information, please e-mail outdoorexpo@azgfd.gov or call (602)-789-3241.

Exhibitors and Sponsors
More than 10,000 visitors are anticipated. Exhibitors will be able to sell merchandise and memberships. Don't miss this opportunity for statewide exposure and educational outreach. Become an exhibitor or sponsor by registering online, e-mailing outdoorexpo@azgfd.gov or calling (602) 789-3241. Hurry or you'll miss deadlines affecting pricing and publicity opportunities!

Protect wildlife habitat, stay on roads and trails.

zagula
02-24-2007, 23:52
The 2006 Expo was excellent and this year will be even bigger.

Ruger, Smith and Wesson, Glock were all there with a number of demo firearms and we had a blast trying out some different rifles, pistols and archery gear. There is a nominal charge for ammunition.

The Expo is how I got introduced to competition. Our pistol silhouette club (Paloma Ferrea) will be out again and I've volunteered to help out for a while.

This is a great way to get a taste of different types of firearms and competition if you haven't done that before.

Fish and Game has some very informative lectures / wildlife demos, and other clubs like the varmint callers are there to share their knowledge as well.

This is also a very kid / family friendly event.

This is well worth your time - hope you can make it! :thumbsup:

Zag
Paloma Ferrea Pistol Silhouette http://www.irondove.net
Cactus League (Practical Pistol) http://www.cactusmatch.com

akapennypincher
02-27-2007, 19:27
Assume I will be call to work it again? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Matthew26
02-28-2007, 08:41
I want to go. See, now I already miss Phoenix.

VictorLouis
03-02-2007, 17:19
Originally posted by zagula

Ruger, Smith and Wesson, Glock were all there with a number of demo firearms and we had a blast trying out some different rifles,

Ruger was hands-down the best-run in that event. Ruger had full-house, factory-fresh fodder for all of their arms. I got to shoot actual .454 Casull in the Alaskan, twice. When I idled up to the S&W table, I was dismayed to find that all they had were wimpy reloads.
I guess they didn't want to let someone really know what the .500 Mag was all about.

Ruger also had staff that actually assisted my young in shooting several of the .22s. For them, it was a privilege to help a future product owner. The staffers at S&W were plainly annoyed that my little-guy was with me. At least the Glock crew were ambivalent, or appeared to me.