View Full Version : Lead-free ranges in tri-state area?
I have a newborn son, so I am a lot more wary about lead than I used to be. Does anyone have any suggestions on lead-free ranges in the tri-state (NY, NJ, CT) area? I know SIG has a range in NH that is frangible ammo only, but that is too far out. Thanks.
Douglas in CT
What is your primary concern?
Thanks for replying. Worried about lead poisoning, especially since he is still so young. Guess I just have to be mindful of tracking it in the house, showering well before I handle him and so on.
Douglas in CT
If you are REALLY concerned, let me suggest:
- Having a set of "range clothes" that you change out of and bag before entering your house.
- Consider changing at the range and change there. A one piece mechanic/jumpsuit would be easier. "Range sneakers" are a good idea too.
- Bring Baby Wipes for your face.
- Wash hands in COLD water (won't open the pores of your skin).
- YOU wash these range clothes SEPARATELY from the normal family laundry loads. No sense contaminating family's clothing.
- Don't take munchkin to the range.
- Use G.I. ammo boxes to store ammo (too hard for munchkin to open for a couple of years.)
Thanks much for sharing those thoughts, Douglas. Looking forward to taking him to the range someday.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.