TN law clarification [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : TN law clarification

Indy_Guy_77
02-25-2007, 20:37
Hello everyone,

I will soon be taking a couple of 'road trips' to your fine state from up in Hoosier country and would like, if possible, a little clarification.

According to Packing.org, I read that it is unlawful to carry a handgun (concealed, of course) inside an establishment that sells alcohol for consumption on the premisis.

The way I understand this, then, is that most all restaurants are verboten to carry, right?

Also, anyone know of any ranges/shops in the Chattanooga/Cleveland area?

Thanks in advance for words of wisdom.

-J-

f3joel
02-25-2007, 20:39
can't help you with any ranges in that area but i can confirm the no carry in any place that sells alcohol for consumption. it really sucks but hopefully we can get it changed.

Indy_Guy_77
02-26-2007, 07:50
So I guess I can bring my 'heater' with me into Starbucks or to Mom & Pop's restaurant on the corner... But I can't at Applebee's. Makes sense to me! :upeyes:

Thanks!

-J-

Akita
02-26-2007, 11:42
Theres lots of dry places in TN and thus 'dry' restaurants there. Just ask if they serve alcohol before entering if you are unsure. And remember to look for any posting of prohibitions that individual businesses may do. If there's no alcohol and no prohibiting signs, carry away.

Zak3056
02-26-2007, 13:52
In general, you shouldn't have to ask if the establishment serves alcohol--they are supposed to post signs to the effect that it is unlawful to carry weapons, yadda yadda yadda.

The signage is standard and consists of red text on a white background--if posted, you shouldn't miss it.