Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 reviews and opinions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 reviews and opinions

Sgt. Schultz
02-25-2007, 21:00
Does anyone have the Sony Alpha DSLR-A100? What are the pros and cons? How are the camera controls, LCD display etc Im looking for a DSLR to replace my Maxxum 7000 and 8000i bodies that will allow me to continue to use the multitude of AF lenses that Ive acquired over the years. I was waiting for a price drop in the Maxxum 7D and I waited to long as Minolta got out of the camera business. Its not like I really have a choice in camera bodies because I have too much money invested in the lenses.

hwyhobo
02-25-2007, 22:26
I don't have it, but you will find a full review (31 pages) right here (http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydslra100/).

Sgt. Schultz
02-26-2007, 12:15
Thanks ... I appreciate the link, it sure answers all of my questions and then some, however Id still like to here from any fellow GTers that own or may have used the camera.

8Ring
02-26-2007, 22:31
I own a Minolta 5D and am very happy with it. The Sony has adopted the ergonomics, the lens mount, and the anti-shake feature of the 5D/7D series. If you search the net, there may still be some new-in-box 7D or 5D Minoltas available.

Your Minolta autofocus lenses will work with either the Minoltas or the Sony. My 28-75 mm Minolta D series AF zoom lens has very solid resolution and color.

Go to Dyxum.com, a forum for Minolta and Sony DSLR users, to get first hand information about the Sony from serious amateur photographers.

Chris

Fred
02-28-2007, 12:38
I use a KM 7D, but have no experience with the Sony. You might want to go back to DPReview and check out their Sony Alpha forum where a lot of users post. Also, you can go to www.dyxum.com (dedicated to Minolta and Sony DSLR's) or www.dcresource.com, which also has a Sony Alpha forum.