Gun ban Exemptions? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun ban Exemptions?

tancol
02-25-2007, 22:18
I'm planning to buy a gun magazine for my m1911....Are magz exempted from comelec gun ban? am planning to buy this week but i's hesitant coz there might be a routine check point and might get into trouble with the authority? Anybody have an idea? thanks in advance....By the way am from Negros OCCIDENTAL....

stanship
02-25-2007, 22:49
the comelec gun ban exemption and FED permit to transport docs that i have indicate gun/pistol and ammo are permitted. there was no mention of mags being restricted. besides, mags are freely sold at gun stores.

just make sure walang ammo yun mags kapag binitbit mo.

my opinion, you take the risk....

stanship

tancol
02-25-2007, 23:30
Thank you very much for your quick response and opinion.....

Django
02-26-2007, 00:53
Just bring/present the OR of the gunstore for the mags that you've purchased and I guess you'll be quite safe.

tancol
02-26-2007, 21:57
thanks a lot sir DJANGO.....

Django
02-27-2007, 01:34
Where are from in Negros Occidental? I was born in La Carlota. :)

neil
02-27-2007, 06:10
When I arrived from the province yesterday I inquired from a police inspector on duty at the firearms both at NAIA2 about the requirements/documents needed if Im going to purchase magazines to bring back on my return flight. He said that its ok to transport it as long as it is the same magazine as that of the FA licensed in your name (you must have you license card with you), with no bullets loaded, and placed in your checked-in luggage.

tancol
02-28-2007, 01:29
Django sir, am from San Carlos City,Neg Occ., works in the govt...., am just new in this forum and also looks forward in looking for new friends which also like guns....

Neil amigo, thanks also for the info...i might buy the power magz 8rnd when i got back to bacolod next week. am also planning to bring my wilson 47d magz fix up by a local gunsmith....

boni
02-28-2007, 05:31
Originally posted by tancol
but i's hesitant coz there might be a routine check point and might get into trouble with the authority? Anybody have an idea? thanks in advance....By the way am from Negros OCCIDENTAL....
i'm from negros also sir. i think tama sabi nila btw i'm just going to add something to what you said. i think we should also be aware of our right regarding in checkpoints. yes it is authorized nga but for as long as the vehicle is neither searched nor its occupants subjected to a body search and the inspection of the vehicle is limited to a visual search then authorized but kung indi violative na ito sa right natin against unreasonable search. kaya dapat plain view lang para maayos. is not?hehehe:)

tancol
02-28-2007, 06:52
Sir Boni,thanks for your contribution...marami na akong natutunan dito...now i know ok lang pala magbuy ng magz...matagal pa tayo makabalik ng range...:thumbsup: