Tidewater Shotgun Ranges?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tidewater Shotgun Ranges??

MD2010
02-26-2007, 00:16
I read through the range listings at the top and didn't see any ranges listed that would allow shotguns in the Tidewater area other than the LaFayette Gun Club which is a little far for me to drive (I live in downtown Norfolk). Does anyone know of any places closer to Norfolk (preferably that aren't going to require big membership dues or a drawn out application process) that allows shotguns?

ottobon100
02-26-2007, 14:04
Give A&P Arms a call over off of Lynnhaven Parkway. Their outdoor range isn't any closer to Norfolk for you but I do believe they still allow shotgun shooting at that range. That's the only place I know of where you don't have to be a member. I would imagine Chesapeake and VA Beach have some fairly remote hunting areas away from homes that would be legal to shoot a shotgun but you'd have to ask others about that. Again not close.

Gregw/aGlock
02-26-2007, 18:37
You can also check out the range at Camp Allen. Very nice range there and I know they allow shotguns (I've shot 12 gauge slugs there several times). I've been told that it is open to the public...it'd be worth a call.

http://www.mccscampallen.com/shooting_range.htm

ottobon100
02-26-2007, 20:38
Originally posted by Gregw/aGlock
You can also check out the range at Camp Allen. Very nice range there and I know they allow shotguns (I've shot 12 gauge slugs there several times). I've been told that it is open to the public...it'd be worth a call.

http://www.mccscampallen.com/shooting_range.htm It isn't open to the public. I shoot there as well but I am retired military. Yes, I would suggest you call first.

B-train
02-26-2007, 21:37
You can shoot shotguns at Lynnhaven

Camp Allen was closed last week. Might want to call to see if it has re-openned.

b

Gregw/aGlock
02-27-2007, 14:40
You're correct - it is only open to military, retirees, and government workers. But hey, in this area, that covers an awful lot of folks....

MD2010
02-27-2007, 15:24
Thanks for the info, folks, i appreciate it!