View Full Version : Another great quote about "GUN FREE ZONES"

BigBore45
02-26-2007, 04:39
Another great quote.........

Monday, February 19, 2007
"Gun Free Zones"
By Scott Jenkins
Utah State Senator, District 20

The idea of a concealed weapon is that no one knows it is there. Ruthless criminals never know who might be armed, which affords society some extra protection. Posting a No Gun Zone removes that doubt. It sends the wrong message to people who would be violent.

Utah’s concealed weapons program is an excellent one. We have enjoyed a long history of safety with very few infractions.

In light of the killings at Trolley Square (another "gun free zone" targeted by a gunman), it amazes me the University of Utah and its professors want a gun free zone.

They are setting themselves up as targets for the very people from which they want to be protected.

Steve Koski
02-26-2007, 17:24
Does Trolley Square have a "no guns here" sign?

Sambolijah
02-26-2007, 18:18
Originally posted by Steve Koski
Does Trolley Square have a "no guns here" sign?

It does. I can't remember if it was on here, or arfcom,
but somebody posted a picture of the decal.

thetoastmaster
02-26-2007, 20:38
Call the members of the House Rules Committee and tell them that SB 251 should die there. They have the power to leave it alone until Wednesday at midnight. Rep. Stephen Urquhart is the House Rules Committee Chairman. Tell him this bill is no good for Utah.

Capitol fax: (801)326-1544 Capitol switchboard: (801)538-1029

RMTactical
02-27-2007, 12:47
Originally posted by thetoastmaster
Call the members of the House Rules Committee and tell them that SB 251 should die there. They have the power to leave it alone until Wednesday at midnight. Rep. Stephen Urquhart is the House Rules Committee Chairman. Tell him this bill is no good for Utah.

Capitol fax: (801)326-1544 Capitol switchboard: (801)538-1029

What changes took place that make this bill bad now? I must have missed it... Plus GOA just sent me emails telling me to encourage them to move the bill...

thetoastmaster
02-27-2007, 12:50
SB 251 (opposed by GOUtah!): This is the U of U gun ban bill. We’d like it to stay stuck in the committee.