Ra 9344 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ra 9344

Poodle
02-26-2007, 17:35
Have you heard fo the new piece of legislation (RA9344 - Youth in Conflict with the Law) by Sen. Pangilinan? It automatically de-criminalizes a juvenile if he is 15 years and below, no matter how heinous the crime. Whlie I'm for the protection of juvenile offenders, I feel that the problem before was the state of the prison system, where juveniles are mixed in with hardened criminals. That was the problem that should have been addressed, not the de-criminalization of heinous crimes.

http://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2006/ra_9344_2006.html

horge
02-26-2007, 18:30
I'm aware of it, becase it isn't that new.
Francis certainly seemed smarter than this, back in college.
Wrongheadedness aside, this Act is likely counterproductive:

It might make one view underage assailants with greater suspicion:
without consequences to face, they are now freer than ever to engage
in deadly crime against one and one's family ---which in turn might
make one a lot less less timid about shooting violent kids dead.

Criminal syndicates may now be more likely than ever to enslave kids
as disposable agents for violent crime.

Accountability rules ...or ought to.
:sad:

horge

blueeagle
02-26-2007, 19:09
another knee-jerk reaction from our dear leaders. why don't we instead focus our attention on measures to make sure they don't become juvenile offenders. lalo lang dadami ang mga loko sa lansangan, senator noted!:shocked:

saki1611
02-26-2007, 19:10
sirs i respect so much your care about juvenile delinquents but i think it's high time that our revised penal code pertaining to the penalties of minor offender be amended. base on records all over the world crime offenders, especially heinous crimes, were committed by minors. in most cases our youth offenders, who were brought to boys' town or any institute alike after serving their sentence they became adult offenders. they become more involved in high profile crimes, far from petty crimes they've committed before. besides generation now is far more from the generations of our fathers or grandfathers, when children were more disciplined and parents have strict guidance to their kids. it's more likely that the youth today, at early age are more aware of what's right and wrong, and they more fearless in committing crimes. my opinion is we have to improve our judicial system especially when in it comes to juveniles. the government should also enhance its program with our youth. programs that will take their time and use it productively. as parents our part is to train up our children the way they should go. parents are the biggest factor what our children would be. just my two cents...;)

cznayr
02-26-2007, 22:53
Anybody sponsored a bill like the US three strike rule? Karamnihan kasi sa mga BGs puro repeat offenders..

magsasaka
02-27-2007, 06:14
noted!!! :animlol: :banana: :animlol:

regards po...noted!!!

charlie-xray
02-27-2007, 06:58
That's it, he just lose my vote.

Akala ko pa naman nag-iisip, puro lang din pala pa-cute.

Kaasar, sino pa iboboto ko nito????????

i_am_infinity
02-27-2007, 07:29
Originally posted by horge
this Act is likely counterproductive...

This i agree on. I know the youth should be saved from the hell that they call their playgrounds. I believe in consequential punishment, whereas, an offender irregardless of age should be responsible for their actions. Most of the Crimes happening on the streets are done by under aged kids...even prostitution. de-criminalizing won't stop them from doing what they're doing, it will just give them more excuse to do what they do. Imagine this, a couple months back i read in a newspaper kids ages 11 to 15 raped a 10yr old girl inside a parked jeep in manila...a public school in pasay was on tv because the students there were selling prohibited drugs...i can go on but i know u guys get the point. i just wish that like in the US u can write to ur senator or congressman to voice out whatever concern(s) we might have. unfortunately, in this country such action would just be another paper for our politicians to use as either scracth paper or to shoot it like a basketball into the trashcan. I wish i was wrong!!!

mikey177
05-08-2007, 07:02
BTTT, since the elections are just around the corner.

asian_glockster
05-08-2007, 19:10
That's the reason why I'll never vote for him...

crazy_hans
05-08-2007, 22:46
RA 9344 not just exempts youthful offender ages 15 and below it also includes those that are above 15 but less than 18 years of age as long as the offender commits it "without discernment" meaning di nya alam ang ginagawa nya.someone over 15 years of age doesn't know what he is doing?possible ba yun? anyway that law also includes the new presmuption of being a minor before it was on the defense to prove that the offender is a minot but now according to the new law it is uo to the presecution to prove that the offender is a minor.How would that the possible? i don't know. you cannot demand it from the offender for he can invoke his right against self-incrimination to protect his right. Now, what is the moral lesson of the story? get a minor to commit a crime for you para wala kang problem. Thank you Senator Pangilinan!:crazy: by the way the harvard degree that he is so proud according to my friend it was not a master's of law but rather jfk school of government only the easiest course to get into in harvard and pass it too.