you got to see this! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : you got to see this!

TTPower
02-27-2007, 08:07
alternative during the gun ban!
san kaya pwede magpaturo nito? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYAXjKkLmJs

Kaiser Soze
02-27-2007, 08:27
Why study that when you have balitawak arnis, carlos hermanos knife fighting, pekiti tirsia kali etc?

Pekiti in particular is actually used by our Special Action Forces...

TTPower
02-27-2007, 08:31
kaiser... sno si carlos hermanos? parang narinig ko na yan before :) anyway san ba pwede magpaturo kahit crash course lng.

Kaiser Soze
02-27-2007, 08:36
Ask Bikethief, he's an assistant instructor of Sixto Carlos, an excellent knife fighter/teacher.

Crash course? Mahirap yan bro. Although you can learn some basic techniques in a day or a weekend, you need repeated training/practice to hone your skills.

Last thing: the video you posted is a bit OA IMHO, it looks good, but that's not how it happens in real life...ang galing ng instructor, kasi after the attacker's 1st attack he becomes static...wala nang ginawa. Sa tunay na buhay, susuntok yan, iiwas, lalo na pag nahiwa mo na agad. Man's natural reaction is to pull back from pain, not to just stand there and get hit even more. Real life fights get even uglier, lalo na kung sabog sa drugs or lasing yung kalaban mo.

As Bikethief would say, my two petots.

Capt.Barbel
02-27-2007, 18:14
Mr titi-power,my sensei taught me a little of kali knife fighting. he's good, even in arnis. ganda turo nya puro pang real battle. specially in disarming weapons.:thumbsup: That was 6 years ago, but i still have his no. if u want?