ATTN: Florida residents [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Florida residents

jc_smith
02-27-2007, 10:17
I'm looking to buy a handgun, a Glock 22 to be specific. I'm only 19 though. I've heard you can buy handguns if your at least 18 if it's from a private party, I just want to know if it's true. If it is true, do i still need to be 21 if someone has to ship it to a FFL for me to pick up?

fattsgalore
02-27-2007, 10:28
When you buy privately no FFL is needed.(a FFL isn't allowed to sell anything to anyone under 21) But to be honest get a shotgun or carbine rifle for the house. Which you can legally own, and just wait till 21 so you can do as you please. Be safe regardless.

jc_smith
02-27-2007, 10:31
Originally posted by fattsgalore
When you buy privately no FFL is needed.(a FFL isn't allowed to sell anything to anyone under 21) But to be honest get a shotgun or carbine rifle for the house. Which you can legally own, and just wait till 21 so you can do as you please. Be safe regardless. Well this is the thing. The person I want to buy the Glock from is in another state so he has to ship it to a FFL. Do I have to be 21 just for them to hand it over to me?

MorkBork
02-27-2007, 10:34
I believe whenever an FFL and a handgun is involved you have to be 21.

legion3
02-27-2007, 10:34
Originally posted by jc_smith
Well this is the thing. The person I want to buy the Glock from is in another state so he has to ship it to a FFL. Do I have to be 21 just for them to hand it over to me?

Yes

wotblake
02-27-2007, 11:21
Originally posted by jc_smith
Well this is the thing. The person I want to buy the Glock from is in another state so he has to ship it to a FFL. Do I have to be 21 just for them to hand it over to me?

They don't just "hand it over to you." They run a background check and everything just like you were buying the gun directly from them. There will even be a 3 day waiting period.

LGCubana
02-27-2007, 13:12
In the case of the thread starter, the waiting period would be about 450 days.

Court in FL.
02-27-2007, 15:18
To get a handgun from a FFL you need to be at least 21 years old.
18 years old for rifle or shotgun.

You need to find someone in the state where you live that will do a face to face sale to you.

In Florida you can buy a firearm at the age of 18 from an individual
(Non FFL).

Court in FL.