The Station Fire Video [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Station Fire Video

CSNeoM4A1
02-27-2007, 19:58
I am trying to find the station fire video that was shot from the inside and covers the entire event. This was the nightclub fire in Rhode Island on February 20, 2003. I do know that it is copyrighted by TVL, I am just hoping to get to watch it for learning purposes. If anyone has a link or could send it to me that would be awesome.

tbhracing
03-01-2007, 12:55
check www.youtube.com yet? Sometimes you can get the poster to email you the video.

CSNeoM4A1
03-05-2007, 22:05
Found it on a google video search. It was not the version I was looking for, but it sufficed. Warning to others, this is a video of a nightclub fire in which over 100 people lost their lives, watch at your own discretion.

kjg26
03-06-2007, 09:24
link?

Fireman1291
03-06-2007, 10:22
link?

Bravo6
03-06-2007, 11:33
we had an incident involving a moron who was using a heat gun to dry some plaster on the ceiling and set off a sprinkler head, causing hundreds of gallons of water to be released while several facilities workers searched frantically for the manual control valve and a few managers (read: BS Manufacturers) stood around watching, even more clueless than usual. As a result, they made us all come in early and watch the Station nightclub fire video... I think i have a copy of it somewhere.

CSNeoM4A1
03-06-2007, 19:31
I guess google took it down, since it was copyrighted. I cannot find it anymore on google.
That annoys me because things like this are valuable learning tools.

FirNaTine
03-08-2007, 10:41
If anyone does watch it, please remember that real people died there. I am just saying be respectful

Now for learning, keep an eye on just how fast the fire spreads. This was an extreme example of the hazards of combustible wall coverings. Granted the pyrotechnics started the fire, but after the initial ignition it was the wall and ceiling coverings that allowed the incredibly rapid escalation of the blaze.

Also if memory serves cyanide compounds were a major contributor to the fatalities there. Carbon monoxide is something every one should be familiar with, but according to recent articles I have read cyanide is present in virtually all fires anymore. Specifically hydrogen cyanide. IF anyone has a copy of Jan 2007 Firehouse Magazine there is an article there about cyanide.

Stay Safe.