Welcome to the Freemason's Lodge [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Freemason's Lodge

Eddie C.
02-28-2007, 01:46
Hi folks. I know I said I would set this up this afternoon, but I had some time to do it before work this morning. I woke up early. Thank the Good Lord for insomnia, huh?:supergrin:

Eric and I are a bit leery and feel tenuous about setting up clubs that are segmented and a bit secretive from everyone else. It tends to draw the worse from others that aren't included.

Eric and I ask that you all understand we will try this club on a trial basis and see how it goes. If you all help out and keep things civil, things will pan out. We really want to see this place fly and we will need everyone's help for that to happen.

Meanwhile enjoy your forum and the best of luck.

Eddie C.

Cochese
02-28-2007, 05:44
We promise to be on our best behavior Eddie!

Now give me the passcode or get out!

:supergrin:

lethal tupperwa
02-28-2007, 05:59
without.

lethal tupperwa
02-28-2007, 06:03
A friendly discourse can be enlightening.

That said , Good Morning to all Brothers and Friends alike:wavey:

Cochese
02-28-2007, 06:06
Originally posted by lethal tupperwa
A friendly discourse can be enlightening.

That said , Good Morning to all Brothers and Friends alike:wavey:

I look forward to learning.

Thanks for the space :)

jetboatdriver
02-28-2007, 07:18
I for one agree, this is NOT the place for sniping, angry responses or secretive actions. This club should be for information and exchange of ideas. I think it would be irresponsible for those who petitioned for this club to allow it to descend into some unacceptable position.

There are plenty of other sights out there for bashing, and other activities.

What a great combo - Glocks, 2A Rights and a space to discuss and learn about a topic several are interested in without bothering others.

pastmaster
02-28-2007, 07:43
Good morning Brothers & Sisters of the Masonic Fraternity.Thanks to all who signed on to get this group.Eric and Eddie a special thanks for your setting it up.

Please be polite and civil,as in Lodge,when posting as it was noted by Eddie.We are somewhat on probation.

Dave W.
Omaha,Nebr.

Chuck66
02-28-2007, 19:34
Originally posted by jetboatdriver
I think it would be irresponsible for those who petitioned for this club to allow it to descend into some unacceptable position.

Very well put. That's the best approach to take here.

Thanks to Eric and the crew for giving this a shot. Now, it's up to us to make the most of this chunk of bandwith with our names on it. :banana: :thumbsup:

G23Adam
02-28-2007, 19:41
Ah, a nice place to be among Brothers :)

Who is going to the East?

03-01-2007, 07:41
I am now in the south and looking forward to getting to the east.

grecco
03-01-2007, 19:18
Greetings everyone.

JayPap
03-01-2007, 20:41
Originally posted by 25074
I am now in the south and looking forward to getting to the east.

I am also in the South and enjoying it. It is nice to see this forum up and running. Jay P.

Blue Lodge
Scottish Rite
York Rite
Shrine

buddyRoland
03-05-2007, 07:39
Brother Burris here. Greetings.

Grimsi
03-07-2007, 02:29
How come you cane justify a "freemasons" forum but not a "LDS" forum Eric?
Isnt masonship a religion too?

lethal tupperwa
03-07-2007, 06:16
"Originally posted by Grimsi
Isnt masonship a religion too? "

The worlds largest Fraternity.

Cochese
03-07-2007, 11:36
Originally posted by Grimsi
Isnt masonship a religion too?

1. Because it's his site.
2. No, "masonship" is not a religion.

:)

Mrs. VR
03-10-2007, 14:01
Originally posted by Grimsi
Isnt masonship a religion too? The Grand Lodge of DC for one, has had Grand Masters who are Christian, Jewish AND Muslim.:)

deputy tom
03-10-2007, 14:33
Greetings and salutations my Brethren.I'm glad to see this site is up and running.tom.:thumbsup:

AnimalK
03-11-2007, 20:33
Greetings, Brothers.

Norman
03-15-2007, 00:37
Congratulations on the lodge here on GT, gentlemen.

Perhaps I might soon join you. In the meantime I may ask some questions here and there.

;)

blue0623
04-10-2007, 21:14
Hope I am not out of line but I thought I would post this for anyone that might want to know. I got these cards for my lodge and I really like them

What Masonry is:
It is a voluntary association of men
It is a system of moral conduct
It is a way of life
It is a fraturnal society
It is religious in its character
It teaches the Golden Rule
It seeks to make good men better
It teaches morality through symbolism
It uses rites and ceremonies to instruct its members
It is based on a firm belief in the Fatherhood of God,
the Brotherhood of Man,
and the Immortality of the soul

What Masonary is NOT:
It does not solicit members
It is not an insurance or benefit society
It is neither a religion nor a creed nor a religious order
It is not a charity organization, but makes charity a duty
It is not organized for profit
It dictates to no man as to his beliefs, either religious or secular
It seeks no advantages for its members through buisness or politics
It is not a forum for discussion of religion, politics or other
partisan affairs
It is not a secert society, as it does not conceal its existance or
purposes.

This came from a card from the Grand Lodge of Texas

Mac Truck
04-10-2007, 22:44
Hey everyone. I've been interested in becoming a part of this brotherhood since I can remember. I grew up with both my dad and grandfather convinced that the Masons are the "Pillars that hold up Hell!" Their contempt never rubbed off on me, quite the contrary, it really stirred my interest. From what I can tell, the way that I try to live my life as a Christian and a believer in "the greater good" is very parallel to the missions stated above by the Masons. I think I would make a good one. I see bumper stickers that say "2B1Ask1", but how do I go about asking? Should I just look for a guy with a ring, or can I just drop in to the local chapter? Will I get blackballed for even asking this question?

WebMason
04-10-2007, 23:46
Originally posted by Mac Truck
Hey everyone. I've been interested in becoming a part of this brotherhood since I can remember. I grew up with both my dad and grandfather convinced that the Masons are the "Pillars that hold up Hell!" Their contempt never rubbed off on me, quite the contrary, it really stirred my interest. From what I can tell, the way that I try to live my life as a Christian and a believer in "the greater good" is very parallel to the missions stated above by the Masons. I think I would make a good one. I see bumper stickers that say "2B1Ask1", but how do I go about asking? Should I just look for a guy with a ring, or can I just drop in to the local chapter? Will I get blackballed for even asking this question?

I'd suggest finding a lodge close to you, calling and either leaving a message or speaking to the Secretary. Let him know that you're interested in joining the Fraternity and he'll tell you how to proceed. Usually we ask that you know a member of the lodge, but when I joined I knew nobody from the lodge I was interested in. After a couple of sit down's with the Secretary and other members I was voted on and accepted.

deputy tom
04-12-2007, 17:30
Mac Truck,contact the Grand Lodge of Texas.They might have a membership hotline as PA does.tom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Lodge_of_Texas

jrr6602
04-14-2007, 12:33
There are several Lodges in the Metro Houston area and the Grand Lodge of Texas has a web-site. It is a wonderful organization that I have been a member of for 32 years. I was a member of DeMolay from age 14-21. I was raised when I was 25 years old. I am a memver of 3 Blue Lodges in Texas, The Scottish Rite, The York Rite, Commandary, The Shrine, and the Grotto.

Notrega
04-14-2007, 13:11
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
The Grand Lodge of DC for one, has had Grand Masters who are Christian, Jewish AND Muslim.:)

All right who let the women in??:tongueout:

:wavey:

Just left the East... :banana:

jrr6602
04-14-2007, 20:34
I am a Deputy Sheriff with the Sheriff's Dept in Fort Worth, Texas. I travel out of state on extraditions. I have been able to attend Lodge meetings in other states. My pardner and I had an occasion to attend an Eastern Star meeting in Jackson, Mississippi. The members were dressed as men and put on their interpetation of what goes on during a Masonic Lodge meeting. It was hilarious.

Two Guns
04-16-2007, 20:31
Wow I just found this Club and I am happy to see so many other Mason's here on Glock Talk.

Fernman
04-19-2007, 21:52
I had no idea this place existed, Brothers!

Greetings from Staunton Lodge #13, Staunton, VA. :wavey: