Another Newbie Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie Question

jcbarlow
02-28-2007, 14:53
Another question to throw out to you guys. I am involved with the scouting program and because of that we go up American Fork Canyon at least once a month for overnighters. Are there any laws that restrict carry (concealed or otherwise) once in the Canyon. Not sure if that is considered within city limits. I know target shooting is okay as long as you follow the guidelines (found that on US forest service website), but not sure about carry. I'm sure I could pack it in to our campsite in the Glock box unloaded, but what about carrying it in a holster? Okay I probably just asked the same question 5 times, sorry. Thanks in advance.

GixxerSixxer
02-28-2007, 14:56
You'll be fine.

You can't carry in National Parks but that area falls in a National Forest.

You can legally open or concealed carry.

Timpinutah
02-28-2007, 18:20
Just don't stop and get out of your car as you drive through Timpanogos Cave National Monument.

TMG
02-28-2007, 18:25
You'll be fine. The canyon is not within any city limits. Utah County and the Forest Service actively patrol that canyon. They may stop and talk to you if it's in the open, but they'll be cool about it. They're typically looking for alcohol and drug crimes.

Timpinutah
02-28-2007, 18:28
If you are up there with the Scouts, it might be good to review BSA’s "Guide to Safe Scouting" on firearms. http://www.scouting.org/pubs/gss/gss08.html

Just some thoughts.

jcbarlow
02-28-2007, 22:14
Originally posted by Timpinutah
If you are up there with the Scouts, it might be good to review BSA’s "Guide to Safe Scouting" on firearms. http://www.scouting.org/pubs/gss/gss08.html

Just some thoughts.

I guess I need to go back to training.:shocked: It seems like growing up there was always somebody carrying on scout trips. Anyway that is important information. I wasn't thinking of pulling it out for the scouts to see, just some protection, but now I know better. Thanks for the other information everybody.

GixxerSixxer
02-28-2007, 22:50
Originally posted by jcbarlow
I guess I need to go back to training.:shocked: It seems like growing up there was always somebody carrying on scout trips. Anyway that is important information. I wasn't thinking of pulling it out for the scouts to see, just some protection, but now I know better. Thanks for the other information everybody.

I wouldn't let boy scout rules get in the way of my personal protection and I did earn my Eagle plus the silver palm.

If it's concealed it's concealed. No one can see it and possibly complain.

Hell, movie theatres and malls can post "no carry" signs but they carry no legal weight.