pizza hut driver? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : pizza hut driver?

singlestacksig
02-28-2007, 17:24
Anyone remember the Pizza Hut Driver a few yars ago in Indy who had to shoot a robber?
Does anyone know if Pizza Hut Fired him, and then offered him a job back?

txgho1911
02-28-2007, 18:28
As I recall he was fired and another pizza shop picked him up. Are you kidding about PH rehiring a shooter?

singlestacksig
02-28-2007, 19:09
Originally posted by txgho1911
As I recall he was fired and another pizza shop picked him up. Are you kidding about PH rehiring a shooter?

No, I'm fact checking an urban myth..

Geeorge
03-01-2007, 02:16
Originally posted by singlestacksig
Anyone remember the Pizza Hut Driver a few yars ago in Indy who had to shoot a robber?
Does anyone know if Pizza Hut Fired him, and then offered him a job back?

Call him up and ask I think he's listed in the Indianapolis phone book,Ronald Honeycutt.And he used to live near 38th st and post road;)

singlestacksig
03-01-2007, 11:03
Originally posted by Cletus VanDamme
Call him up and ask I think he's listed in the Indianapolis phone book,Ronald Honeycutt.And he used to live near 38th st and post road;)

thanks.. thats info I was looking for..

Harlequin
03-02-2007, 19:44
If I remember right Pizza Hut's business dropped by as much as 25% for a time after that incident. It seemed that for some strange reason people rallied around the delivery man. :thumbsup: I know we didn't order from there for quite some time and I told the local manager why.

minuteman32
03-02-2007, 20:22
Trying to do MY part for the cause; every time I order a pizza from a new place, I ask, "Do you encourage, allow or prohibit your employees from carrying a gun for self defense?" If they say that they allow or encourage them, they get my business & I tell them why. If they say they prohibit them, I say, "Sorry, I only do business w/ places that care about their employees’ safety & respect their (& my) right to use the most effective means of self defense!"

R. Emmelman
03-03-2007, 09:03
Originally posted by minuteman32
Trying to do MY part for the cause; every time I order a pizza from a new place, I ask, "Do you encourage, allow or prohibit your employees from carrying a gun for self defense?" If they say that they allow or encourage them, they get my business & I tell them why. If they say they prohibit them, I say, "Sorry, I only do business w/ places that care about their employees’ safety & respect their (& my) right to use the most effective means of self defense!"
Please publish such responses in this forum.

minuteman32
03-03-2007, 16:32
So far, in Indy, the only place that has out right told me that their drivers can carry if they want to & that most of them did, was Circle City Pizza! Unfortunately, they don't deliver to my house, soooo, I call & order pizzas from them & go pick them up. I have to go from the west side of Indy to just east of downtown. Everytime I do this, I remind them that I would rather drive 20-30 min., one way, to do business w/ them (because of this policy) than support the Pizza Hut 90 SECONDS from my house (because of THEIR policy)!

IndyGunFreak
03-03-2007, 16:55
Originally posted by minuteman32
So far, in Indy, the only place that has out right told me that their drivers can carry if they want to & that most of them did, was Circle City Pizza! Unfortunately, they don't deliver to my house, soooo, I call & order pizzas from them & go pick them up. I have to go from the west side of Indy to just east of downtown. Everytime I do this, I remind them that I would rather drive 20-30 min., one way, to do business w/ them (because of this policy) than support the Pizza Hut 90 SECONDS from my house (because of THEIR policy)!

I've never called and asked, but to my knowledge, Taylor Made Pizza(another shop here on the East Side), doesn't have a policy for or against it, and generally they seem to operate on a "don't ask don't tell" policy...

IGF