TurboRocket Enamait II Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : TurboRocket Enamait II Question

DBradD
03-01-2007, 11:31
Hey, if I had to pick one exercise / piece of equipment from Infinite Intensity to train the posterior chain, what would it be? KB/DB swings? I'm nearly done with NG and, as I feared, I don't see a lot in there for the posterior chain. I'm happy with everything else, so if I could add something simple to take care of that, it would be cool. I'm trying for a truly minimalist routine.

Oh, as usual, opinions/ideas from anybody would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks dude.
DBD

TurboRocket
03-02-2007, 09:43
Brad,

Three exercises come to mind and the first two are in II.

1) Pistols/one-legged squats. Ross mentions this is one of his favorite lower-body movements. Add weight as needed.
2) Glute-Ham raises
3) back-extensions and Good Mornings

Pistols still own me but I will own them some day soon.

DBradD
03-02-2007, 14:49
Thank you.

Unfortunately, I don't have a barbell or back extension machine, so I'm still lacking in exercises to work the posterior chain from the pelvis upward.

I'd really like to see if I can do well with little or no equipment. I have a newborn in the house and about 10 months left before moving to a more permanent place, so this is a great time to try a minimal equipment home-based routine.

TurboRocket
03-02-2007, 16:57
A few ideas come to mind...

- Good mornings with a tube of sand over shoulders instead of a barbell; or a pair of dumbbells in or near the racked position; or bear-hug a sandbag
- Ross actually has a home-made bench that he uses for glute-ham raises and back extensions. It's the one in his Hardcore video where he is doing glute-ham raises. For back extensions, he lies face down on the bench, and his ankles or maybe calves are anchored by that upside-down, U-shaped 2x4 brace.
- maybe lying reverse leg-raises; lying on your stomach. Add ankle weights or resistance band for extra effort

Maelstrom
03-02-2007, 21:17
Dumbbell rows would work DBradD. I picked up a set of power rings. I was looking for something to do dips and pullups. You can do many exrcises including rows. It should recruit more supportive muscles as well.

I am on the 4th day of II. Whooping my butt so far, but I am seeing results already as far as strength and body composition.

DBradD
03-03-2007, 10:27
Thanks Maelstrom.

Man, it seems that a lot of people are doing II. I must be missing the boat! I think NG fits me better for the next year or so.

I just finished reading NG and am working on my diabolical plot.

DBradD
03-03-2007, 10:29
Originally posted by TurboRocket
A few ideas come to mind...

- Good mornings with a tube of sand over shoulders instead of a barbell; or a pair of dumbbells in or near the racked position; or bear-hug a sandbag
- Ross actually has a home-made bench that he uses for glute-ham raises and back extensions. It's the one in his Hardcore video where he is doing glute-ham raises. For back extensions, he lies face down on the bench, and his ankles or maybe calves are anchored by that upside-down, U-shaped 2x4 brace.
- maybe lying reverse leg-raises; lying on your stomach. Add ankle weights or resistance band for extra effort
Hmmm. Cool. I really like the lying reverse leg raises. I could even do those at our stairs. I might also have to build one of those benches or improvise something similar.

Thanks again.

proactive
03-03-2007, 14:21
DBrad, are you doing any bridging? Bridging with proper form has improved my posterior chain tremendously.

DBradD
03-03-2007, 14:36
Originally posted by proactive
DBrad, are you doing any bridging? Bridging with proper form has improved my posterior chain tremendously.
Yeah, are you referring to Furey-type static bridging or bridging from flat on the back to on the forehead? I really like bridging, but I had done it a lot before starting CF and my posterior chain wasn't in great shape. Might've been doing it wrong. I as mostly doing Furey-type bridging.

Thanks Dude.
DBD

proactive
03-03-2007, 14:47
No, I definitely prefer dynamic bridging. Throw in some KB swings and you're well covered from a minimalist standpoint.

California Jack
03-03-2007, 14:59
OK, I'll ask the question, what is dynamic bridging?

DBradD
03-03-2007, 15:11
Originally posted by California Jack
OK, I'll ask the question, what is dynamic bridging?
Probably refers to just rolling up on the top of the head, then back down so that the back touches the ground. It's probably just the opposite of what Furey recommends. He recommends to just roll all the way over so that the nose is touching the ground and hold it as long as possible--a static bridge.

proactive
03-03-2007, 15:21
Originally posted by DBradD
Probably refers to just rolling up on the top of the head, then back down so that the back touches the ground. It's probably just the opposite of what Furey recommends. He recommends to just roll all the way over so that the nose is touching the ground and hold it as long as possible--a static bridge.

Exactly. I also try to bridge to the front, as RE demonstrates. It's good to have a strong neck.

proactive
03-03-2007, 15:24
Here's a link; scroll down for pics/info.

http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym15.htm

California Jack
03-03-2007, 21:01
Thanks for the info.