Classic Firearms & Archery [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Classic Firearms & Archery

ghent
03-01-2007, 13:44
I made my first real purchase from this store today (I've bought mags for my Glock there but that's about it), and I must say that I'm very pleased. I took a day off work and drove all the way from Winchester to Versailles (not a big drive, but as it turned out a waste of gas) to centerfire systems to pick up a romanian AK. I checked their website before I left and it showed as in stock. After driving all the way there and waiting in line I found out that they were suddenly out of stock and I'd be on a waiting list. On the way home my brother wanted to stop at antique and modern and have a look arround (nice stock as always, but way out of my price range). We were close by so I stopped by Classic, and what do I see but a very nice Yugoslavian AK for only $495. I called the wife to see if I could possible make this stretch (I'd planned on spending $329 on the Romanian), and her response was "why are you even calling me, get whatever you want." Have I mentioned that I have the coolest wife in the world? The service was amazing at the store (hands down better than any expierience I've ever had at Centerfire), and I absolutely love my new ak (if you ever get a chance to compare the Romanian and Yugo models you'll find that there really is no comparison). I'm not knocking Centerfire, they're a major mail order company, and the local boys buying a few things here and there really isn't there bread and butter so I understand, but now Bud's Gun Shop has some serious competition for gun dollars.

Mwildt
03-01-2007, 20:42
It's a great store in my opinion. If they'd get a Web site up it would really put them in the spotlight.

Flinter
03-02-2007, 23:15
I've compared just about every make of AK known to man, and while the Yugos and Russian examples tend to be a bit better finished (when new), they are all junk. And trust me, they ain't always reliable. I'll take an FAL or AR any day over the slow to load, inaccurate AK.

SDGlock23
03-03-2007, 09:48
Where is classic firearms and archery?

fryeg7
03-03-2007, 12:07
Originally posted by Flinter
I've compared just about every make of AK known to man, and while the Yugos and Russian examples tend to be a bit better finished (when new), they are all junk. And trust me, they ain't always reliable. I'll take an FAL or AR any day over the slow to load, inaccurate AK.

my VEPR takes offense to that and will shoot with your FAL and AR all day long, especially if you drop your AR in a mud puddle . . . .

frye

Mwildt
03-04-2007, 11:52
Originally posted by SDGlock23
Where is classic firearms and archery?

It's off Southland Drive in Lexington next to Trump's. It's about half a mile down the street from Evan's. Much better atompshere/selection then Evan's as well.

Razoreye
03-04-2007, 21:53
ghent, I get the same old stuck up, grumpy assed dude at Centerfire. He informed me they were out of Romanian AKs as well about a week ago. Turd is an ******* as usual.

SDGlock23
03-05-2007, 09:27
Thanks Mwildt!