Gunsite Training in Lebanon! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gunsite Training in Lebanon!

nastytrigger
03-01-2007, 15:35
Been looking at different weapon training classes (Blackwater, Tactical Response, Thunder Ranch, Gunsite, etc). Noticed that Gunsite has a "off-site" training class in Indiana. I guess they are based in Arizona. Gave them a call to see exactly where the training is held... Boone County Sheriffs Dept range in Lebanon! Plus, the course is half the price of the ones in AZ. $450!!!!! Basic pistol and carbine are two that I've seen and am interested in taking. Only a couple courses are held here, but I like the idea. Anyone did these courses, or know about other training in Indiana?

Gunsite Homepage (http://gunsite.com)

jmb79
03-01-2007, 17:08
Boone County Sheriff Ken Campbell is an adjunct Gunsite instructor and holds numerous classes at his range behind the S.O. every year. In addition to the two Gunsite classes you mentioned, Sheriff Ken also brings in top traniners like Louis Awerbuck, Pat Rogers, Steve Tarani and Dean Caputo. These are just a sample but give you a good idea.

Prices for three day classes usually run between $450 and $500 depnding on the instructor.

I have taken several classes at Gunsite in AZ and I have also taken and will take Indiana Gunsite classes. The training you will receive is second to none. The main difference between the Indiana Gunsite classes and the Arizona Gunsite classes is that Sheriff Ken does not have any indoor or outdoor simulators. Classes at Gunsite AZ make multiple runs through the numerous shoot inddor and outdoor simulators that populte Gunsite's property.

I highly recommend taking classes at Lebanon S.O. whether the classes are Gunsite or with other instructors. Drop Sheriff Ken an e-mail and he will send you the current list of classes for 2007 and then update the list when classes firm up. KCampbell@co.boone.in.us

epsylum
03-01-2007, 17:37
IIRC Tactical Response is coming back to Eagle Creek this summer. Keep an eye out for that one too.

toots shor
03-01-2007, 23:42
if only i had money and time i would be there! so close when i am at school too :(

rhino465
03-02-2007, 02:59
I can't say enough good things about Sheriff Campbell and the opportunties he brings to us each year. I've been a "regular" there since I did Sheriff Ken's 2-day intro to defensive pistol in 2002. In addition to the big name instructors he hosts, he is also a first rate teacher in his own right.

Everyone here should be on his e-mail announcement list. Just send him a note at KCampbell@co.boone.in.us and ask him to add you.

As far as money goes . . . I understand the thinking and the realities of budget constraints, but I think that most people who say they can't afford are just making other choices. A three day class at Boone Co. costs less most good quality center fire handguns, and most people who say they can't afford the classes often have several guns which they somehow could afford.

Putting $40 per month into a jar will suddenly become $480 bucks at the end of the year. Most people can afford to put $10 a week aside.

If money is super tight, you could always start with Sheriff Ken's 2-day class. It's a great way to start getting formal instruction and at $150 it's a genuine bargain.

toots shor
03-02-2007, 05:54
Originally posted by rhino465
As far as money goes . . . I understand the thinking and the realities of budget constraints, but I think that most people who say they can't afford are just making other choices. A three day class at Boone Co. costs less most good quality center fire handguns, and most people who say they can't afford the classes often have several guns which they somehow could afford.

Putting $40 per month into a jar will suddenly become $480 bucks at the end of the year. Most people can afford to put $10 a week aside.

If money is super tight, you could always start with Sheriff Ken's 2-day class. It's a great way to start getting formal instruction and at $150 it's a genuine bargain.

i am a college student with no job. $150 would be pushing it, trust me. books cost 600/semester, at least 10/week for food on weekends, fraternity costs, tuition (for wabash :shocked: ) , and the list goes on.

jmb79
03-02-2007, 09:31
Ditch the fraternity, get a job and get some firearms training!

sjstill
03-02-2007, 11:13
Ditto the 2-day Intro to Defensive Handgun class.

I took it with my wife, and managed to learn some stuff, too :thumbsup:

As St. Louis Awerbuck sez, "There are no advanced gunfights".

hubbard
03-04-2007, 17:46
+1 for Sheriff Campbell and his classes. They are first rate. My entire family has attended his courses. He is a super guy and fantastic instructor.

TLHelmer
03-04-2007, 19:07
Sounds interesting!

sjstill
03-04-2007, 20:12
Tactical Response will be at Eagle Creek June 16-17 for Fighting Pistol (http://www.tacticalresponse.com/courses/fightingpistol.php)

foob
03-06-2007, 08:12
LFI 1 will be in indiana too, 5/18-21.

So many choices... so little money.

TLHelmer
03-06-2007, 18:31
I didn't see a patrol carbine or tactical carbine classes in Indiana!

sjstill
03-06-2007, 19:44
I think Pat Rogers will be at BCSD for at least 2 Tac Carbine classes. They fill up fast.

Jim Zumbo has been invited to attend one of them. :banana:

jmb79
03-06-2007, 19:47
TLHelmer,

Pat Rogers will be conducting his three day carbine class at Boone County S.O. in July. Pat's tag line runs something like..."you already know how to shoot your carbine, this class will teach you to fight with it." One session runs July 6-8 and the other runs July 11-13. As a bonus, you can take Dean Caputo's excellent two day M16/AR15 Operator's Diagnostic class on July 9-10. Dean's class provides everything an operator (as opposed to a gunsmith) needs to know to keep the M16 system up and running.

Contact Sheriff Ken Campbell at the above listed e-mail for details and application for these classes.

Note: I took both these classes last year and I'm taking them again this year. They are that good (or I am that stupid).

rhino465
03-06-2007, 22:20
Originally posted by TLHelmer
I didn't see a patrol carbine or tactical carbine classes in Indiana!

Sheriff Ken will do one or two Gunsite 123 carbine classes.

Louis Awerbuck will do his carbine class in August.

John Farnam is doing a carbine class in Rochester, IN in May.

TLHelmer
03-07-2007, 16:28
Thanks guys. Is anyone taking the class in July? I am interested in taking a carbine class. Is the sign up on the website?

jmb79
03-08-2007, 04:28
I will be taking Pat Roger's first July class. To register, you need to contact Sheriff Ken Campbell and ask for the registration information for the class you want and also asked to be put on the mailing list for future classes. Here is Ken's e-mail address: KCampbell@co.boone.in.us Here is a link to Pat Roger's website http://www.eagtactical.com/courses.asp

Finally, if you would like, I forward you the e-mail I received from Ken regarding Pat Rogers' classes. Just shoot me an e-mail or IM with your e-mail address.

TLHelmer
03-08-2007, 17:55
Thanks again!

bill123
03-08-2007, 20:24
Custom Cop Corporation also has training in Acton, Indiana. 317-862-3237.

Basic pistol, Personal protection, Basic rifle, Basic shotgun.

sjstill
03-09-2007, 09:40
Emphasis on basic.

Sporting shotgun & rifle.

I like Jim, and appreciate what he does.

sparky241
03-19-2007, 18:35
Originally posted by sjstill
I think Pat Rogers will be at BCSD for at least 2 Tac Carbine classes. They fill up fast.

Jim Zumbo has been invited to attend one of them. :banana:

Well good someone can hold the targets for me. :supergrin:
i wonder if he can balance an apple on his head?:supergrin: