CCDW instructor requirements [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCDW instructor requirements

seanpcif
03-01-2007, 18:58
Does anyone know the requirements to become an instructor for ccdw in KY?

or where I can find them.

Thanks

Sean

KyInvestigator
03-01-2007, 19:35
Greetings....

I am an instructor....all you have to do is find an instructor trainer putting on a course (good luck), attend the two day class, pass the written test and the shooting test...both of which require higher percentages than the basic level and the distance is somewhat further for the shooting qualification. Oh, and do not forget the videos...again!

Good luck. Bring an empty weapon to class so you don't shoot yourself for voluntarily submitting to the videos! :animlol:

Berretta9
03-01-2007, 20:47
I waited a couple of months for a class. When I did take it there were guys from out of town stayiing in hotel rooms taking the class. Point being they don't come up very often and when they do you may have to travel over night. The shooting part had much higher standards than the CCW class. About half needed a few trys to pass.

seanpcif
03-01-2007, 21:52
What are the shooting requirements, approx rounds and distance.

Thanks
Sean

fryeg7
03-02-2007, 02:18
20 rounds, 10 at 7yds, 10 at 15yds. 80% accuracy on the center portion of a large sihlouette target.

frye

Berretta9
03-02-2007, 07:38
Thats what the book says. We ended up shooting them all at 15 yards.

seanpcif
03-02-2007, 08:03
I was getting worried, I expected harder shooting requirements.

After you take class, what else has to be done in order to be able to start teaching?

Do you need to register with sheriff or KSP?
Do they send info or tell you where to get the videos and books?

Just curious as what to expect.

Thanks for all info

Sean

Berretta9
03-02-2007, 08:09
After you take the class you get a certificate and an instructor number ( in about 2 weeks). They do tell you where to order stuff. The hardest thing is to find a class and students to teach.