No more lifetime permits rumor?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : No more lifetime permits rumor??

Hooba
03-02-2007, 12:17
I heard from a friend (who heard from his local FFL) that Indiana will stop selling lifetime carrying permits in July. Reason being the state is loosing a lot of money by offering the lifetime permit. :upeyes:
Has anyone else heard these rumors?

mpholic
03-02-2007, 12:24
Originally posted by Hooba
I heard from a friend (who heard from his local FFL) that Indiana will stop selling lifetime carrying permits in July. Reason being the state is loosing a lot of money by offering the lifetime permit. :upeyes:

I heard Rosie O'Donnel was a straight, right wing, gunrights advocate but somehow I don't believe it.

the lifetime permit was legislated into exisitence. they can't just stop issuing them since they're losing money. it would take some sort of additional legislative action.

Now if you heard that the Dems had proposed a bill to eliminate it I would be more inclined to believe that.

When did LGS become a reliable source of information?

Hooba
03-02-2007, 12:36
Originally posted by mpholic
I heard Rosie O'Donnel was a straight, right wing, gunrights advocate but somehow I don't believe it.

the lifetime permit was legislated into exisitence. they can't just stop issuing them since they're losing money. it would take some sort of additional legislative action.

Now if you heard that the Dems had proposed a bill to eliminate it I would be more inclined to believe that.

When did LGS become a reliable source of information?
I was just trying to get a feel if anyone else had heard this rumor. Maybe there is some sort of legislation to discontinue them. I sure hope not!

KSFreeman
03-02-2007, 12:41
O.K., now what have I been saying about Kirk's Laws of the Internet? Right, that they are infalliable.

Let us review, Kirk's Fifth Law of the Internet: "Something you hear in a gun shoppe is always wrong, always."

One of the unique features of the Gun Culture is the ability of people to make something up out of whole cloth and then overnight it becomes true. This goes beyond people reading proposed laws in the General Assembly or Congress as being the law, but people make something up in their heads and then run their mouths as if they know something.

Perhaps this goes back to the Freudian desire to be the center of attention and the "wise father." However, it is always complete nonsense.

Hooba, when this happens, always ask for a citation. You will hear crickets. Ahhh, the crickets.

For example, during a gun show in Indianapolis, a knife dealer was running his fool mouth about how illegal it was to walk around with a broadsword. I advised that I, as a practioner of Chinese martial arts, often walk about with swords and spears (even practice in city parks) and that there was no state law prohibiting anyone from carrying a sword.

He advised he had a copy of the law back at his shop. I handed him my card. There was no response. At the next show I saw him and asked for the statute--crickets and embarrassment.

Hooba
03-02-2007, 12:48
Originally posted by KSFreeman
O.K., now what have I been saying about Kirk's Laws of the Internet? Right, that they are infalliable.

Let us review, Kirk's Fifth Law of the Internet: "Something you hear in a gun shoppe is always wrong, always."

One of the unique features of the Gun Culture is the ability of people to make something up out of whole cloth and then overnight it becomes true. This goes beyond people reading proposed laws in the General Assembly or Congress as being the law, but people make something up in their heads and then run their mouths as if they know something.

Perhaps this goes back to the Freudian desire to be the center of attention and the "wise father." However, it is always complete nonsense.

Hooba, when this happens, always ask for a citation. You will hear crickets. Ahhh, the crickets.

For example, during a gun show in Indianapolis, a knife dealer was running his fool mouth about how illegal it was to walk around with a broadsword. I advised that I, as a practioner of Chinese martial arts, often walk about with swords and spears (even practice in city parks) and that there was no state law prohibiting anyone from carrying a sword.

He advised he had a copy of the law back at his shop. I handed him my card. There was no response. At the next show I saw him and asked for the statute--crickets and embarrassment.
Very nice!:rofl:

I really couldn't question my buddy. He didn't know if what he was told was true. He was just passing along the word.
Good to hear it's a bunch of BS! I still wish I could get my lifetime permit now instead of waiting until my is nearly expired which is another couple years!
Take care!

Patrick Graham
03-02-2007, 16:48

If there was any legslative hijinks like that going on there would be threads in this forum and in GNG that would be pages deep on the issue... You would have heard about it in here before any tin foilers would have dreamed it up..

rhino465
03-03-2007, 04:02

Wait a minute!

I am building a list of Kirk's Laws of the Internet and I don't have #3 or #4!

mpholic
03-05-2007, 06:19
. He didn't know if what he was told was true. He was just passing along the word.

No insult or offense to your buddy but..

Herein lies the problem. don't repeat it if you don't know whether it's true or not. Do some research, ask some knowledgeable people. There are a handful of people here (not me) who are very up on current affairs.

PMY
03-05-2007, 17:27
Originally posted by Patrick Graham
If there was any legslative hijinks like that going on there would be threads in this forum and in GNG that would be pages deep on the issue... You would have heard about it in here before any tin foilers would have dreamed it up..

But now there's a thread in here about it! What to think? :supergrin:

toots shor
03-16-2007, 00:05
I still wish I could get my lifetime permit now instead of waiting until my is nearly expired which is another couple years!
Take care!

i think you can, and with a 25 dollar discount.

mpholic
03-16-2007, 05:48
Originally posted by toots shor
i think you can, and with a 25 dollar discount.

Unless they have recently changed the rules you are not eligible to reapply until 180 days before your current expiration date.

Hooba
03-16-2007, 06:33
Originally posted by mpholic
Unless they have recently changed the rules you are not eligible to reapply until 180 days before your current expiration date.
I also though that was the rule.

DNS
04-01-2007, 08:50
I can't renew mine until next year. Sure hope this is a rumor.

KSFreeman
04-01-2007, 14:54
Hooba and DNS, relax, it came from a gun shop and thus is wrong.

Trust in the Knowledge of Kirk's Law of the Internet. They are infalliable, as is Kirk.

Bow to Kirk! Hail Kirk!

KSFreeman
04-01-2007, 14:56
We need to start a thread about all the nonsense one hears in a gun shop. After nearly four decades in the Gun Culture, I've got some real winners (as I'm certain does everyone else_.:supergrin:

R. Emmelman
04-01-2007, 17:55
We need to start a thread about all the nonsense one hears in a gun shop. After nearly four decades in the Gun Culture, I've got some real winners (as I'm certain does everyone else_.:supergrin:
ME FIRST! ME FIRST!

Don is an honest dealer....

:rofl: :animlol:

Hooba
04-01-2007, 18:29
Originally posted by R. Emmelman
ME FIRST! ME FIRST!

Don is an honest dealer....

:rofl: :animlol:
....but doesn't he just love to sell guns? :laughabove: :laughabove: :animlol: :animlol:

Ignition
04-02-2007, 12:25
them there plastic glocks might melt if you shoot em too much. probably wont even shoot straight after the first round.

WhiteWizard
12-03-2008, 06:52

I talked to the ISP yesterday and I was told that if you currently have a hunting/target practice licens, then you can apply for a personal protection license before the standard 180 period. The lady I talked to looked up it file, saw that my renewal period doesn't start until Jan 2011, and said that I can apply for a PP lifetime license today if I want.