Anyone going to their regions meeting about "gun-violence"? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to their regions meeting about "gun-violence"?

emt1581
03-02-2007, 19:56
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=2692

This lists the various cities, unfortunately most of them are in the major cities in PA, but there will be hearings held where we can voice our oppinions as responsible gun owners.

Anyone going?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

Pat T
03-03-2007, 10:48
I'm planning on attending the Erie one on the 27th. Going to call the number to find out about testifying. They're not going to get away with making it a gun-control propaganda extravaganza if I have anything to say about it.

Rylos1
03-03-2007, 12:36
That is pathetic. Look at the list, 10 meetings and 4 of them in Philly. I wonder what they will hear in Philly???? The whole series of meetings looks like an anti-gun set-up.

emt1581
03-03-2007, 13:11
Originally posted by Rylos1
That is pathetic. Look at the list, 10 meetings and 4 of them in Philly. I wonder what they will hear in Philly???? The whole series of meetings looks like an anti-gun set-up.

I thought the same thing. If I had the ability I would go. But yes, especially the Harrisburg and Philly meetings made me think...hmm...seems sort of intentionally set up to receive praise from anti-gunners than the grass-roots law abiding gun owners.

Maybe there will be some GTers who will be able to represent with enough power in their words to actually make a difference.

Thanks for the replies!

-Emt1581

FortyCaliber
03-04-2007, 18:08
Originally posted by Rylos1

The times of the hearings are during the day when most honest people are hard at work.

I guess the criminals will be at the hearings to discourage honest people from having guns to protect themselves.

Pat T
03-04-2007, 19:25
Hey FortyCaliber-

Not to hijack the thread, but did you ever get your CWP?

Pat

tat2guy
03-05-2007, 12:14
I'll rally the troops and get to at least 2 or 3 of the Philly meetings with friends in tow.

FortyCaliber
03-05-2007, 23:36
Originally posted by Pat T
Hey FortyCaliber-

Not to hijack the thread, but did you ever get your CWP?

Pat

Yes, I did.