Seriously, a women's issue..... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, a women's issue.....

kcb
03-02-2007, 20:09
Do any of you ever just NEED to watch a sad movie so you can have a really good cry to get things out of your system once and for all?

I think that is what I need to do.

I've got a few things that I just need to really cry about...I'm thinking a sad movie is the ticket.

Suggestions?

:sad: :hugs: :hearts:

sweetatergal
03-03-2007, 10:42
Yes, I know what you mean.....I always liked to watch Steel Magnolias. It is sad, but has a really nice ending at the same time!

Hope everything is going to be ok for you Karen!!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Mrs. Tink
03-03-2007, 13:41
I do not cry easily at movies. But sad music does the trick for me.

I cannot listen to the Schindler's List soundtrack without wanting to bawl. So I never put it on unless I am already sad. Then I find myself sniffling away. Certain songs will do it for me too, like the song by Rascal Flatts called Skin.

I cried a LITTLE at The Notebook and a LOT at Delta Force 2, at least I think it was 2... anyway, the one where they did the reenactment of the Navy soldier who was on the hijacked plane, and was beaten and murdered by Arab terrorists. I just couldn't take it.

Karen, I hope you rejuvenate! :hugs: :hugs:

kcb
03-03-2007, 16:12
Thanks, Jennifer and Meghann!

I am fine. I just have a few sad things in my heart that I really need to have a good cry over and release them once and for all! (I hope!!!)

I have the Notebook...it's a favorite of mine.

Thanks for the kind words!

I have much to be happy about...mostly I am happy...but have some sad things I have to let go of now. I still have been too busy to take the time to watch the movie. But the sadness is there, so I must do so soon!

Rejuvenate is a great way to put it, Meghann!

:hugs:

Thanks!

:hearts: :hugs: :wavey:

fnfalman
03-03-2007, 16:18
http://www.bigbobh.com/tears/

Sad Movies
Artist: Sue Thompson
Peak: #5 Lyrics by: John D. Loudermilk
Year: 1961 Week peaked: 10/29/1961

Sa-a-a-d movies always make me cry

He said he had to work so I went to the show alone.....
They turned down the lights and turned the projector on
And just as the news of the world started to begin
I saw my darlin' and my best friend walk in....

Though I was sittin' there they didn't see
And so they sat right down in front of me....
When he kissed her lips I almost died
And in the middle of the color cartoon I started to cry.

Oh-oh-oh sa-a-a-d movies always make me cry

And so I got up and slowly walked on home
And mama saw the tears and said what's wrong?
And so to keep from telling her a lie
I just said sa-a-a-d movies make me cry

Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Sa-a-a-d movies make me cry-i-i
BACK to SIXTIES MUSIC

Alphabetical List of Sixties Music

Download Midi - Click Here

kcb
03-03-2007, 16:43
Originally posted by fnfalman
http://www.bigbobh.com/tears/

Sa-a-a-d movies always make me cry

:crying: :rofl:

I guess sad songs ALSO make me cry!

Yeah! Just ask my mom and my daughters!!! I can cry at most anything that is sad....even more so when I really need a good cry!

:rofl:

:goodpost:

CookieGirl
03-03-2007, 16:46
Good luck Karen. Try Immortal Beloved (the story of Beethoven with Gary Oldman and Isabella Rossellini), or my favorite: Truly, Madly Deeply (Alan Rickman at his studly best. When he starts reciting poetry in Spanish, I lose it every time. Plus the Bach Sonata in G Major for piano and Cello is just a religious experience.).

Um, My mom digs Beaches for a good cry.

Hope these help. Hang in there.

fnfalman
03-03-2007, 17:01
What about Cyrano de Bergerac? How can anyone not cry when Cyrano recited to Roxane his love letter with his very dying breath?

OneEyedDrunk
03-03-2007, 17:19
I cried at the end of Gattaca. I think it was more of joy, though.

Mrs. VR
03-06-2007, 15:06
Terms of Endearment does it to me EVERYTIME. :crying:

Lynn D
03-06-2007, 17:28
I have a CD of "Paradise Road" that I listened to when I was trying to deal with my Dad's death....Have also seen the movie. Haven't listened to it since, because I don't know what will happen if I do.

kcb
03-06-2007, 19:41
Thanks, everyone!

I still have that deep need to cry, but I've been so busy, and have had no time alone to watch a movie and get past it!

It makes my husband feel like he needs to do something if I cry too much...and I NEED to cry too much!! :rofl:

We had company last night and they'll be here to spend the night with their five beautiful children Thursday night! I've been friends with the husband/dad since 7th grade. We've always been just the best of friends. His wife and I hit it off and are great friends, and we adore their children.

She home schools all of them and they are so much fun.

They are amazing!

I just have to get rid of that little weepiness inside!

Great ideas here. I have a long list of movies that make me cry. Terms of Endearment always gets me too!

Beaches...the song...Wind Beneath My Wings, gets to me VERY MUCH. That is the song my sisters and I chose from us to our Dad when he suddenly passed away from Pancreatic Cancer nearly 14 years ago.

Maybe Saturday, while I wash sheets and clean up after our friends leave, I can find time for a movie. My hubby works Saturday.

:hugs: :hearts: You are the best!

ThreadKiller
03-06-2007, 19:51
Old Yeller :sad:

Atlantya
03-06-2007, 20:12
The movie "My Dog Skip" always does it for me. That and the book "Where the Red Fern Grows", if I have more time for reading.

Something about the dog theme makes them guaranteed sob-inducers for me. :crying:

WIG19
03-07-2007, 11:28
Originally posted by sweetatergal
.....I always liked to watch Steel Magnolias.That would've been my pick (this is really thinking outside the gender box for me here...) But that's the reaction my wife has everytime. That movie, along with Out of Africa*, can be an emotional roller-coaster, so if you're looking to do some purging of tears they could be right up your alley.

While one of my top-10 favorites of all time, Out of Africa always irritated the hell outta me 'cause the story is about Meryl Streep's fact-based character & her travails, but Redford got (over-rated IMO) top billing. But the full emotional range is in that one, along with a dynamite score by John Barry.

* Make sure you get the FULL-length one.

Have a good :crying:

:patriot:

kcb
03-07-2007, 19:46
Has anyone ever seen "Somewhere In Time"?

That is one of my absolute favorites! My mom, sisters and I ALWAYS watch it when it Mother-daughter get a way weeks for us. AND cry!

Some of the oldies that made me and my older sister cry when we were younger, we have watched recently and thought..."They were MUCH better when we were kids!"

"The Way We WERE."

:rofl: "Love Story". Love means never having to say you're sorry! NOT!!!

My husband and I did watch a movie about 9-11-1 the other night, and I REALLY cried over that! So many people have forgotten, it seems about how we all felt the day that all broke loose!

I didn't know what was going on and COULDN'T listen to the news because I had to protect the innocense of my precious first graders!
I was told there were planes headed to Orlando International Airport.
I couldn't leave my students; yet the saftey of my own children scared me at their schools; and my HUSBAND was working practically on the runway of the Airport!

So, that movie really made me cry remembering my terror that day!

:sigh:

Cold Mountain makes me cry too! I love that movie and can watch it over and over again! :crying:

tlish
03-09-2007, 17:13
always with richard dreyfuss and holly hunter is a major tear-jerker for me! man, i haven't thought of that movie in ages!

Cat91
03-17-2007, 08:28
Always does it for me, too. I cry every time I see it.

I had the same problem as you, Karen. I had to go to a crime scene last week, and I've done this a lot over twenty years in the crime biz, but for some reason this time it got to me. This gal was in her early 20s, and got into it with her ex-husband. I can't go into the facts, because the case is in the early stages of prosecution. Fortunately, her children weren't in the house.

She took three to the chest, among others, with .45ACP, from six feet. Firing 165-grain +P JHP. Nasty.

I was on the way home with Beloved Hubby from breakfast this morning and for some reason, I started thinking about that investigation in the car...and I just started tearing up. That's not like me at all, I usually have a heart of stone about these things, just the job and all that. that is the second domestic-related homicide I've got involved in this year, too. Makes me really grateful for my beloved hubby.

Miao, Cat

kcb
03-17-2007, 14:14
Originally posted by Cat91
Always does it for me, too. I cry every time I see it.

I had the same problem as you, Karen. I had to go to a crime scene last week, and I've done this a lot over twenty years in the crime biz, but for some reason this time it got to me. This gal was in her early 20s, and got into it with her ex-husband. I can't go into the facts, because the case is in the early stages of prosecution. Fortunately, her children weren't in the house.

She took three to the chest, among others, with .45ACP, from six feet. Firing 165-grain +P JHP. Nasty.

I was on the way home with Beloved Hubby from breakfast this morning and for some reason, I started thinking about that investigation in the car...and I just started tearing up. That's not like me at all, I usually have a heart of stone about these things, just the job and all that. that is the second domestic-related homicide I've got involved in this year, too. Makes me really grateful for my beloved hubby.

Miao, Cat

:hearts: :hugs: I know what you mean!!! I'm grateful for mine, too! He's amazing!

I can't EVEN imagine what some women deal with! We rarely disagree and when we do, we talk fairly and respectfully to each other!

I feel so blessed!

:thumbsup:

Mrs. VR
03-17-2007, 14:20
Karen, I read Bridge to Terebithia this week, and cried my eyes out. :crying:

kcb
03-17-2007, 18:12
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
Karen, I read Bridge to Terebithia this week, and cried my eyes out. :crying:

I'll look for that! I am longing to read a book that I can't put down! That would be GREAT for Spring Break. WE are DRIVING to NC!!!

That will be a Long ride!!! My sister and bil will be with us, but sleeping and reading will be necessary, too!

Thanks!!

:hugs: :thumbsup:

Cannibal Roses
03-17-2007, 18:13
Schindler's List.

I don't just cry....I bawl.
And it's a true story.

Nephilim
03-24-2007, 11:20
There aren't a whole lot of movies I've ever cried over.

It probably wouldn't have the same effect on me -now- but I saw the movie Powder when I was around 13-14ish or so.

The movie didn't get great review but I thought it was good. It got to me at the time because it was about a boy around my age with a set of abnormal abilities and a genius level intellect who struggled to fit into the world around him. Being a new teenager and feeling that sense of ackwardness and non-belonging... coupled with having being recently being "diagnosed" if you will as a genius and dealing with the admin of my small school trying to take advantage of that and make me a test subject for a new experimental gifted program... I definately related to the movie. I cried like a little girl :)

The only other movie I can think of that I cried watching was at the end of The Notebook. I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to find myself at the end of my life with my wife not even remembering who I was. I adore her so much and I've never been happier with anyone. I just can't imagine it.

April
03-24-2007, 12:02
"An Affair to Remember" is a personal favorite.. the 1957 Cary Grant, Deborah Kerr version. ;)

kcb
03-25-2007, 17:55
I've never seen "An Affair to Remember" all the way through, I don't think! Two summers ago, a girlfriend of mine from high school and I went to the beach for about five days, and we watched a bunch of classics. That was on our list but if we watched it, I might have fallen asleep.

BUT NOTEBOOK is among my favorite movies! I do own that!

Both great choices, I am sure!

:hearts:

kcb
04-29-2007, 15:31
:crying:

FINALLY!!!!

:sad:

Nephilim
04-30-2007, 08:58
Originally posted by kcb

BUT NOTEBOOK is among my favorite movies! I do own that!

I saw that movie right around the time my wife and I were married and my grand father was struggling with my grandmother's severe alzheimers... so the theme of the young and old love really resonated with me =)

F-6
05-03-2007, 11:44
How can anyone not cry when in "The Patriot" Mel Gibson is about to leave again for battle after trying to get his daughter that has been silent for so long to talk, and while he is riding off, she yells out "Daddy, I'll say anything if you stay!" or something close to that effect. Makes me almost tear up just typing this! Maybe it's a dad thing.

kcb
05-03-2007, 18:58
Originally posted by F-6
How can anyone not cry when in "The Patriot" Mel Gibson is about to leave again for battle after trying to get his daughter that has been silent for so long to talk, and while he is riding off, she yells out "Daddy, I'll say anything if you stay!" or something close to that effect. Makes me almost tear up just typing this! Maybe it's a dad thing.

Yeah! You make a good poinit!

:thumbsup:

kcb
05-08-2007, 18:37
Originally posted by Nephilim
I saw that movie right around the time my wife and I were married and my grand father was struggling with my grandmother's severe alzheimers... so the theme of the young and old love really resonated with me =)

One of my favorite scenes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNKrCuPGtzY&mode=related&search=

There are many, many more!!!

Edited to add:

Like....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0S6bg41v5U&NR=1

:hearts: :hearts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtMJvnbSKvI&mode=related&search=

:wavey: :hearts: