SAFR Meeting in Taylor Sunday [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SAFR Meeting in Taylor Sunday

Barbara
03-03-2007, 09:47
If anyone in the area is interested, please feel free to stop by..best way to make changes is to get involved.

Meeting is at 1:00 pm at the Gander Mountain in Taylor:

14100 Pardee Road
Taylor, MI 48180
(734) 287-7420 (Gander's Phone.)

Guest Speakers are State Rep. Richard LeBlanc and Sgt. Larry Crider, Chair of the Wayne County Gun Board.

Drilled
03-05-2007, 18:23
Changes are being addressed?

Barbara
03-06-2007, 03:51
Huh?

What was discussed or why have the meeting or what?

The meeting was informational..and one of those attempts to get people involved so I can take a vacation sometimes. :)

It was a chapter meeting..hopefully the start of a Wayne County chapter. Only about a dozen people showed up, but they've got a project to work on and I think they'll do some interesting stuff down there.

The speakers were for the members..especially Sgt. Crider, they were very interesting. He had some ideas that I hadn't considered as far as security for gun owners, and some other things..also gave their perspective on some issues..I don't necessarily agree with him on all points, but its always good to try to understand where the other person is coming from and overall, I don't believe our opinions are far apart.

Drilled
03-06-2007, 08:53
Originally posted by Barbara
Huh?

What was discussed or why have the meeting or what?

The meeting was informational..and one of those attempts to get people involved so I can take a vacation sometimes. :)

It was a chapter meeting..hopefully the start of a Wayne County chapter. Only about a dozen people showed up, but they've got a project to work on and I think they'll do some interesting stuff down there.

The speakers were for the members..especially Sgt. Crider, they were very interesting. He had some ideas that I hadn't considered as far as security for gun owners, and some other things..also gave their perspective on some issues..I don't necessarily agree with him on all points, but its always good to try to understand where the other person is coming from and overall, I don't believe our opinions are far apart.

I asked because from the original post you mentioned something about making changes.
I did belong to MCRGO but was not active due to time constraints.

Barbara
03-06-2007, 19:24
No problem..just wasn't sure what you were asking. :)

Drilled
03-06-2007, 19:29
Originally posted by Barbara
No problem..just wasn't sure what you were asking. :)

Barbara, thanks, just some ignorance on my part, but I am working on that!

Will try to attend one of the meetings next time you can arrange one. I am getting more pro-active as I learn about all the threats to our freedoms!