Some times my job just sucks. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Some times my job just sucks.

biggl35
03-03-2007, 11:25
I am a tow truck operator, as some of you know. I am kinda of do-it-all driver for my company, whether it be a cars, tractor trailer or heavy equipment hauler. By being so "flexable", I am on call 24/7. But we have a great bunch drivers so I tend to get alot of my weekends off, unless the weather goes to hell, then all bets are off. No big deal really as I am a greedy SOB, as we get paid on a percentage of what our truck makes.

I kind of backed off on the HD wrecker stuff, as I picked up a very good equipment account, and spend most of my time in a large tandem axle hauler, in fact I drive this truck home with me every night, so for the most part it is my truck. This truck is very "flexable", as I not only can haul cars, but anything weighing up to 10tons, and up to 25ft long.

So, here is when my job sucks. The company I work for has the coroner's account for Marion county. We do all the accidents that involve a fatality, these are not favorite runs to do. I dont really have a problem with death, and the blood and the gore doesnt bother me either. But after working a fatality, it tends to put me in a somber mood for the rest of the day.

So, today, I get called out to work a fatal, because it is literally a mile from my house, and the rest of our drivers are very busy. I beat the coroner to the scene and discover that the body is trapped underneth a big ford e-350 van, not pretty.

Well here it is, 4hrs later. I am at home, in a shi**y mood, on my day off.:sad:

This, is my life.

RickJZ
03-03-2007, 11:31
sorry to hear that you have to deal with the aspects you described on your job sometimes. I can certainly see how it can put a damper on your day. It is hard to block memories like that out of your mind. The best thing to do is to enjoy the activities you relish most in your spare time. This will allow your mind to mitigate the stress some what.

minuteman32
03-03-2007, 16:05
Hey man, sorry to hear about your crappy day! At least it COULD'VE been worse (you weren't drving a F350 about a mile from your house this AM! Maybe a little tinkering on your AR's would do the trick. I would suggest an afternoon shooting, but I looked out the window & that doesn't sound as appealing, now.
Anyway, sorry.:sad:

seamus
03-04-2007, 06:46
Every job has it's ups and downs. I'm a tech for a local phone company and it's a decent paying job and is never boring but one of the negative aspects of the job is having to deal with people who apparently have never seen a sweeper or at least never used one. We can refuse to go into some of the homes but almost never do, but I have had to go home in the middle of the day, strip, shower and change clothes!:shower:

epsylum
03-04-2007, 17:39
Originally posted by seamus
Every job has it's ups and downs. I'm a tech for a local phone company and it's a decent paying job and is never boring but one of the negative aspects of the job is having to deal with people who apparently have never seen a sweeper or at least never used one. We can refuse to go into some of the homes but almost never do, but I have had to go home in the middle of the day, strip, shower and change clothes!:shower:

I have and do know people who live like that. I have no clue how people can do that. When you have to make a pathway through the trash, that is a good sign you need to clean your house.

TheWanderer
03-04-2007, 18:57
Man, that sucks. I saw the sign on 70 tonight saying all the WB lanes were closed due to a fatal on my way to work. Awful.

mpholic
03-05-2007, 10:52
Originally posted by epsylum
I have and do know people who live like that.

Time for new friends. :shocked:

foob
03-06-2007, 08:13
Think about what the pathologist has to go through. I knew one who drank a lot, died of liver failure.