Funny observation this afternoon [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Funny observation this afternoon

R. Emmelman
03-03-2007, 14:20
I saw something funny this afternoon. I was heading South on Mitthoeffer Rd to pick my daughter from a friendís house. On the side of the road was a car with an obvious flat tire. The driver had unloaded his speakers (mounted in a box as big as his trunk) along with a stereo amp etc to get to a portable air pump. I snickered to my self and when on. 15 minutes later as I was driving back through that area I noticed two MPD cars with their lights going. Sure enough as I passed by they had the occupants in handcuffs.

Moral of the story 1: If your are a criminal donít have a flat tire where you have to unload your trunk.

Moral of the story 2: Donít carry stereo equipment that costs more then your car.

(Please feel free to add some more)
:rofl: :animlol: :rofl: :animlol: :rofl:

IPDBrad
03-03-2007, 16:58
Originally posted by R. Emmelman
Moral of the story 1: If your are a criminal donít have a flat tire where you have to unload your trunk.

Moral of the story 2: Donít carry stereo equipment that costs more then your car.

(Please feel free to add some more)
:rofl: :animlol: :rofl: :animlol: :rofl:

I had the former happen one time. I stopped to check on a guy with a broken down car. I ran his plate then did a warrant check on the registrant. Oops, sorry pal, you got a warrant.

I am always amazed at the accessories people put on the POS's they roll in. Not just the stereos but the rims.

Where on earth the idea of putting $5,000 rims on a car worth $500 comes from is beyond me.

Harlequin
03-04-2007, 06:06
That reminds me of guys in gun stores that balk at spending $250 on a jam-o-matic handgun to protect the priceless lives of themselves and the family. At the same time you've got guys dropping $1100 for a Kimber that won't work any better than, and holds about the same number of rounds as, a G36.

R. Emmelman
03-04-2007, 06:58
Originally posted by Harlequin
... At the same time you've got guys dropping $1100 for a Kimber that won't work any better than, and holds about the same number of rounds as, a G36.

Cadallacs and Chevys, they both get you to work and both get craped on by the birds.

bradp
03-04-2007, 13:50
..or buying a $700-1000 firearm and trying to find the cheapest possible ammo to shoot in it.

rhino465
03-04-2007, 15:33
Originally posted by bradp
..or buying a $700-1000 firearm and trying to find the cheapest possible ammo to shoot in it.

Or the same expenditure for a gun, then adding a floppy $5 nylon holster and a $2 belt from Wal*Mart.

KSFreeman
03-04-2007, 16:16
Ummm, IPDBrad it's the clue phone, it's the IRS and they want to let you know about the cash sales reporting requirements.:supergrin:

Geeorge
03-04-2007, 16:32
I always have a warm feeling when good things happen to good people.

Like the dumbspit who wouldn't have got busted with 37 lbs. of cocaine if he hadn't been speeding :supergrin:

epsylum
03-04-2007, 18:34
Originally posted by rhino465
Or the same expenditure for a gun, then adding a floppy $5 nylon holster and a $2 belt from Wal*Mart.

LOL

I know people like that. My buddy has a USPc 9mm and carries it in some nylon gun show special POS and even shoots Brown Bear out of it.

My only nylon holster is on a KelTec .380 and goes in my pocket.

TheWanderer
03-04-2007, 20:06
Last year I read about some guys in Pensacola that called the police to report their marijuana had been stolen! They then allowed the police to come inside to interview them about the theft, then were stunned when they were arrested for all the other drugs they had.

I'll be living off of Mitthoeffer in about a month.

KSFreeman
03-05-2007, 06:46
Bah, that's nothing. I had a guy drive himself to the state police post in West Lafayette so that the nice officers could "look at a problem in his engine."

The state trooper actually went out to look at the car finding a marijuana dugout blocking the VIN on the dash.:animlol: