shot my first GSSF match at target world today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : shot my first GSSF match at target world today

joedoc
03-03-2007, 18:13
shot the indoor match in Cinti with my 26. of course i had never seen the targets (only saw a picture of them) before and i could not see the scoring circles worth a darn, so i just aimed at the center of the target. did ok---477, which was better than i was expecting. no misses, at least.
lots of fun, met some great folks happy to make a newbie seem welcome. thanks

G30 OH
03-03-2007, 20:14
Hey joedoc,

Glad to hear someone else from GT made it to the GSSF shoot at Targetworld. I was there around 3:30. I shot three strings. One with my G30, one with my G17 and one with my G23. I didn't do quite as well as you. I shot a 436 with the G30, 453 with the G17 and a 464 with the G23. I need to get to the range for practice more frequently!

Congratulations on your 477 at your first GSSF match.

Maybe I'll see you on the 31st.

shadow_dog
03-04-2007, 07:57
I was there past 4:00. Good shooting joedoc. Plenty of nice GSSF people to meet there.

The only thing that bugs me is how the waiting area is unsupervised. Makes wifey and me WAY nervous when young wanna be thugs are dry firing, loading mags and handling weapons in the waiting area. We stay back from the waiting area. Never seen any GSSF people doing this in the 3 years I have shot there, only the general public.

joedoc
03-04-2007, 20:28
G30 and Shadowdog--sorry I missed you--I was there around 1 pm. I do plan on coming back on the 31st so hope to meet you and talk to you then.
I went back to Target World this morning with my son to shoot---the range was about 30 degrees. Same as outside.
But, right now, they are the only game in this town, so I'll be back next weekend.

Eagle1
03-05-2007, 11:54
Man, I was going to go too, but I had to be at work at 14:00. When is the next 2 shoots so I can come. Looking forward to seeing you guys there..Thanks E1.

G30 OH
03-05-2007, 15:59
Originally posted by Eagle1
When is the next 2 shoots so I can come.

The second shoot is scheduled for Saturday, March 31st and the final shoot for this session is scheduled for Saturday, April 28th.

South Fla
03-15-2007, 19:13
.././..

Turtle Dude
03-16-2007, 21:05
low scores-sadly I couldn't shoot this match since I have archery tournaments out of town for the next two dates

none of the "big guns" showed up from Columbus and Gerald (last league winner) didn't shoot either

http://www.targetworld.net/Spring%2007%20Mar%201%20Final%20GSSF%20Scores.pdf

I have never seen the A won with less than a 496 or so average and for several leagues, See and Triplett were close to cleaning it

I was the guy scoring the targets in the 10-1.30PM time frame

shadow_dog
03-18-2007, 09:15
I am going on the 31st, but don't know what time. All depends on work schedule and some things I have to do after work.

joedoc
03-19-2007, 10:33
turtle dude----I was the fellow at the match talking to you, who was referred to as "doc" by the staff. personally, i am thrilled that the big guns were not there---gives us folks with a tremor a chance.

Turtle Dude
03-19-2007, 18:11
Originally posted by joedoc
turtle dude----I was the fellow at the match talking to you, who was referred to as "doc" by the staff. personally, i am thrilled that the big guns were not there---gives us folks with a tremor a chance.

Nice to have met you

for a while there seemed to be a new winner of the A every league-Mike Robinson, Joe Blanco (the owner) yours truly, and Gerald. Then we had the pros from columbus come down-and some of the regulars quit shooting because if you are good but not great you won't ever do anything but finish in the middle of the A division. I guess Mike and Jeff were trying to get some sort of sponsorship from Glock because they hit about every glock league within a couple hundred miles of columbus.

I wish they would reward the better shooters a bit more though

ANeat
03-22-2007, 18:14
I have a question re the GSSF matches at Target World. When the time starts where is the gun required to be. I assume not holstered right? Are you allowed to have the gun up, sights aligned and ready to shoot? or something in between.

Looking to try my first GSSF match on the 31st:thumbsup:

Adam

joedoc
03-22-2007, 20:17
They do not allow holster draws at target world. I think that sights aligned was allowed as a starting position.

Turtle Dude
03-24-2007, 18:27
They allow you to take a sight picutre than you touch the tray in front of you in the bay. that is the start position. given the extremely generous time period I have never seen anyone not make time (I am sure it has happened) I have had jams and one time I loaded a five round mag and still had plenty of time.