Hot Dog Sauce [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hot Dog Sauce

November
03-03-2007, 19:12
A recipe of mine to use if you like a dog or two. Buy some French's mustard in the flip-top SQUIRT bottle (not the twist top) and enjoy it until there's only 1/3rd left. Remove the top and fill to the 2/3rds mark with mayo. Fill almost to the top with horseradish. Put the top back on. Shake well! Squirt on hot dogs. Consume hot dogs. Mark special sauce bottle with a sharpie so innocent people don't get a surprise.

galemac
03-04-2007, 04:50
Many years ago, while working at a small company in North Central Ohio, I was lucky enough to aquire the ORGINAL recipe for A&W Coney sauce. The recipe makes about a gallon, but it does freeze very well. However, it usually doesn't last very long around my house, since we have found many new uses for this tasty condiment. Besides hot dogs, it's great on hamgurgers and believe it or not, scrambled eggs.
Steve

November
03-04-2007, 15:40
galemac,
I gotta hear more about that Coney Sauce! Anything you can share?

galemac
03-05-2007, 05:43
November,
I just sent you a PM.
Steve

Glockerel
03-05-2007, 10:34
Galemac-
Would ya, could ya...please??

lethal tupperwa
03-05-2007, 11:42
http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,coney_sauce,FF.html

galemac
03-05-2007, 13:57
Close, but no cigar. Actually, not really that close....

Rob96
03-05-2007, 15:31
Ya gotta come to Allentown and have hotdog from Yocco's. YUMMY!!:thumbsup:

USMC Ryfleman
03-05-2007, 15:41
Originally posted by galemac
Many years ago, while working at a small company in North Central Ohio, I was lucky enough to aquire the ORGINAL recipe for A&W Coney sauce. The recipe makes about a gallon, but it does freeze very well. However, it usually doesn't last very long around my house, since we have found many new uses for this tasty condiment. Besides hot dogs, it's great on hamgurgers and believe it or not, scrambled eggs.
Steve

I would be greatful if you could share it!

lethal tupperwa
03-05-2007, 15:47
Originally posted by Rob96
Ya gotta come to Allentown and have hotdog from Yocco's. YUMMY!!:thumbsup:

Fried pirogi:supergrin:

Rob96
03-05-2007, 15:56
Originally posted by lethal tupperwa
Fried pirogi:supergrin:

How can you not get an order of pierogies to go with a half dozen dogs with everything.:thumbsup:

galemac
03-05-2007, 16:10
Ok folks , here it is. It's easy to fix, but it taste great. It's great on everything I've tried so far, hot dogs, hamburgers, even scrambled eggs. I haven't tried it on ice cream, yet. but hey, I have some rocky road in the freezer........

1/2 cup water
1 medium onion, chopped
2 packages Frenchs Chili-O seasoning
2 lbs uncooked ground beef
1 medium bottle ketsup
2 tablespoons sugar

This is the secret, you have to use Frenchs Chili-O, no substitution, I've tried.

Cook the onion in water until soft.
Add the rest of the ingredients. Do not precook the ground beef. It looks awful, but it gets better. Instead of stiring it with a spoon, you need a potato masher to stir and mash it. You want the meat to be really fine. Cook it on low (barely simmering) for 2 hours or so. Until it gets to the proper consistance. You can add alittle water if you want to thin it out. I don't add any salt or pepper because of the seasoning, but you can if you want. Be careful while it's simmering. It's like lava and if a bubble burst and splatters you, it WILL burn. I have a scar to prove it. BTW, it freezes great.

Steve

Lowrider 49
04-01-2007, 23:26
I tried it. It's good!