chalk another up for carry [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : chalk another up for carry

PARAGON
03-05-2007, 10:33
Passer-by uses gun to halt attack

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070305/NEWS/703050350

"He was just standing over her hacking away," said Dolly Baker

Baker said she watched the man pour gasoline on the victim then try to strike a match.

Baker said a passer-by stopped the attack.

"He told the man, 'Stop, or I'm going to shoot. And if you run, I'm going to kill you,' " Baker said.

The man held Watson at bay until police arrived at the scene.

Dandapani
03-05-2007, 11:13
Originally posted by PARAGON
"He told the man, 'Stop, or I'm going to shoot. And if you run, I'm going to kill you,' " Baker said.

That's where he went off the rails... Had the guy ran, and he shot him, he would be guilty of homocide.

PARAGON
03-05-2007, 11:43
It's likely the person was involving the fear of being shot, to make the BG stay put and not flee. Saying and doing are 2 different things. Had the BG fled, it might not be likely he would have shot.

There isn't any room for debate on this because the facts are so few.

NoloContendere
03-05-2007, 17:36
Originally posted by dmobrien2001
That's where he went off the rails... Had the guy ran, and he shot him, he would be guilty of homocide.

he was authorized to use deadly force without any type of 'warning.'

awesome story though... i'm glad they caught the bastard.

Dandapani
03-05-2007, 18:30
Originally posted by NoloContendere
he was authorized to use deadly force without any type of 'warning.'

Deadly force can be used to stop a deadly threat, but if the BG turns tail and runs away the threat is gone and you are no longer standing on a legal leg if you shoot the BG.

NoloContendere
03-05-2007, 18:32
Deadly force can be used to stop a deadly threat, but if the BG turns tail and runs away the threat is gone and you are no longer standing on a legal leg if you shoot the BG.

i agree with that statement. he definitely did the right thing and i wish more stories ended like this.

Doubleclaw
03-11-2007, 13:58

Sure, the threat is gone, but what if he's just going to get some friends to help him out? Threats have a way of coming back and biting you in the ***** if not dealt with decisively and on the spot.

The guy did a good job stopping the assault, though, and I applaud his efforts and his restraint. He'd probably better watch his back from now on, though; Mr. Thugg'z friends will probably want to "chat" with him for messin' wit' dey homie.

Doubleclaw
03-11-2007, 14:02
"Police said they are looking for the passer-by who stopped the attack and would like to talk to him but don't know who he is or where he went."

JPD probably wants to arrest him for brandishing a firearm and uttering deadly threats. They'll probably release the idiot who was trying to set his wife on fire...:upeyes:

Dandapani
03-11-2007, 19:33
Originally posted by Doubleclaw
Sure, the threat is gone, but what if he's just going to get some friends to help him out? Threats have a way of coming back and biting you in the ***** if not dealt with decisively and on the spot.

See you in court.

Doubleclaw
03-11-2007, 23:43
See you in court.

Maybe so, but at least I'll be alive to go there. I don't believe in giving up my life or property to criminal vermin just because I'm afraid of what the law will do to me afterwards.