How many think she should be impeached?
How many would sign a petition?

Drilled
03-05-2007, 18:32
To this thread:
http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=652957

smooth1
03-08-2007, 17:27
She really doesn't have a clue. It's bad when Comerica pulls out because its association with Michigan is hindering its stock price. All she could do was alk about community loyalty. It really blows my mind that she got re elected.

Drilled
03-08-2007, 20:31
Let's get her out!!!!!!!!!!!!!No one else?

jsbrown14
03-09-2007, 15:41
I bet most of us agree. But it takes a lot of work.

Drilled
03-09-2007, 17:34
one of those internet petitions?

smooth1
03-09-2007, 19:46
You'd have to do a real petition & get real signatures. It would take a real grass roots movement. Most of the people in this state just don't get it. They're tying to live like it was the 60's & 70's

stallion114
03-09-2007, 22:54
Is this a joke? There is no way she is getting impeached, and I would bet that if another election was tommorrow she would win again.

Remember the people who voted her in are the same ones who re-elected Kwame.

More jobs
(Pfizer)
(Comerica)
Google = (negative balance)

PS dont let Jenny take credit for google, that had nothing to with her. Also 1000 jobs my ass my friend works there along with 40 other people.

Toyman
03-10-2007, 07:05
As much as I hate her, I'd have to say "On what legal grounds?"

Hauptmann6
03-10-2007, 08:27
Originally posted by Toyman
As much as I hate her, I'd have to say "On what legal grounds?"

Just like a lawsuit, you don't need a reason.

JohnJak
03-10-2007, 16:42
As Genny said once "were going to blow you away". Well she was right. She has blowin the jobs right out of Michigan.:horse:

Toyman
03-11-2007, 03:07
Originally posted by Hauptmann6
Just like a lawsuit, you don't need a reason.

Wow. I could have sworn that our state constitution covered specifically that:

"The house of representatives shall have the sole power of impeaching all civil officers of the state, for corrupt conduct in office, or for crimes and misdemeanors; but a majority of all members elected shall be necessary to direct an impeachment."

Hauptmann6
03-11-2007, 07:22

"The house of representatives shall have the sole power of impeaching all civil officers of the state, for corrupt conduct in office, or for crimes and misdemeanors; but a majority of all members elected shall be necessary to direct an impeachment."

Impeachment /= Recall

brucek
03-12-2007, 17:24

I'll be nice here....The stupid B*tch hasn't done anything corrupt or illegal (that we know about) so impeachment is out. But, she could be recalled. Remember Grey Davis in CA? However, as someone else mentioned, I doubt anyone could get enough signatures to get that on a ballot. Apparently, the people of Michigan love her and that other stupid B*tch Stabenow and that ass*ole Levin. I can't believe that "gang of three" got re-elected! And it ain't just the city of Detroit. They are off in another world.
--

BruceK

Errick
03-12-2007, 19:08
Originally posted by brucek
I'll be nice here....The stupid B*tch hasn't done anything corrupt or illegal (that we know about) so impeachment is out. But, she could be recalled. Remember Grey Davis in CA? However, as someone else mentioned, I doubt anyone could get enough signatures to get that on a ballot. Apparently, the people of Michigan love her and that other stupid B*tch Stabenow and that ass*ole Levin. I can't believe that "gang of three" got re-elected! And it ain't just the city of Detroit. They are off in another world.
--

BruceK

:holysheep:

I could have said that!

:supergrin:

smooth1
03-12-2007, 19:18
Brucek
I'm with ya I moved from Illinois to Michigan 12 years ago, so I'm not a native. All I can say is most people in this state just don't get it. I read the Det News today & Daniel Howes sid in his column "the economic train wreck that Granholm's Michigan has become". It's scarey because even Kwame is trying to do something about reducing taxes in Detroit. He's almost sounding Republican

Drilled
03-12-2007, 19:32
I don't think we have the option for recall in this state, another dupe by the full time legislators on us dummies that let them do that to us!

I do think she is a bold faced liar and if she is she can be impeached. Here is an article from the Macomb Daily:
http://204.176.34.196/macombdaily/article.asp?ID=2971927

"Attorney General Jennifer Granholm's husband landed six contracts with Wayne County worth nearly $300,000 with the help of some of Granholm's top campaign supporters.
Daniel Mulhern, a "leadership training" consultant, secured contracts for his firms shortly after Granholm departed as the top attorney for the McNamara administration in Wayne County.

Five of the agreements were no-bid contracts and the sixth was awarded through a process in which Mulhern's firm submitted the highest bid but won the contract anyway.

Mulhern's contracts with County Executive Edward McNamara's office and Metropolitan Airport were secured with the support of top allies of Granholm's attorney general campaign and her bid for governor. Those include McNamara, then-Deputy Executive Michael Duggan and then-Airport Director David Katz.

Granholm and Mulhern say their political connections had no influence over the awarding of the contracts.

"I did no work for the county while Jennifer was there," said Mulhern, 44, who operates a Detroit-based consulting firm. "There are absolutely no ethical or legal-ethical issues."

According to county records obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, a month after Granholm departed as Wayne County corporation counsel and was sworn in as state attorney general, Mulhern was soliciting Katz for contracts in February 1999.

Mulhern's first success was solidifying a $7,500 agreement to provide management coaching for Katz. That contract also led to business with a Northwest Airlines executive.

The attorney general's husband eventually landed a $172,500 contract in the fall of 1999 to provide seven months of training for 20 airport personnel. At that time, Mulhern was working for Pioneering Management Possibilities, or PMP, of Bingham Farms.

That was the only Mulhern contract put up for bids, with PMP initially offering a $140,000 price. That compared to bids ranging from $30,000 to $74,000 from four other firms.

But a four-member team evaluated the voluminous proposals and, using a scoring system, rated PMP as, by far, the best proposal. Heading that evaluation team was Katz, a close Granholm-Mulhern friend who now serves as campaign manager for Granholm's gubernatorial bid, and Walter Beard. Beard, county director of purchasing, was a Granholm campaign contributor, according to state records.

The attorney general said she never exerted any influence over the process and never talked to any of those deciding whether her husband would receive contracts.

"That never happened, not in any way, shape or form," said Granholm, a Northville Township Democrat. "He had his own relationships (with Wayne County officials). He didn't need me to do anything for him."

A former Wayne County official, Mulhern's contracts were secured from 1999-2001 as the McNamara administration's contracting procedures came under sharp criticism.

In the past two years, McNamara has faced accusations of cronyism and conflicts of influence because of airport contracts awarded to campaign contributors, friends and relatives.

A scathing report issued by the state Senate committee in October concluded that the county was guilty of "extreme mismanagement." Some lawmakers advocate a state takeover of Metro Airport while others want to slap on state-mandated contracting restrictions.

"It (Mulhern's contracts) certainly fits in with the culture at the airport," said Senate Majority Leader Dan DeGrow, a Port Huron Republican. "When you've got a bunch of no-bid contracts, it raises a lot of questions."

Granholm has come under criticism from DeGrow and other Senate Republicans for declining to investigate the airport contracts. The attorney general has said she sees no evidence that warrants the state stepping in.

Mulhern's advocates call him a top-notch motivator with a strong background and reputation.

A partner in the firm of Mulhern Hastings Group, his consulting clients have included the Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce, the Detroit Symphony Orchestra, the Plunkett and Cooney law firm, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan.

He has conducted leadership training for top corporate executives, labor union leaders and a variety of government and school officials.

Wayne County officials say Mulhern's work for McNamara and Duggan from 1987-91, including a stint as county director of juvenile services, helped him secure consulting contracts. Mulhern's advantage, they said, was his understanding of the public sector and of the county executive's office.

"His wife gave him no advantage," said Deputy Executive Mary Zuckerman. "The fact that he was Jennifer's husband did not help him at all. Dan was a known quantity, but not because of Jennifer."

A former colleague, PMP co-owner Brad Zimmerman, said Mulhern's Wayne County connections helped the firm because he had a reputation for intelligence and integrity in the McNamara administration. But Granholm "didn't come into play at all," Zimmerman said.

Granholm proclaimed that Mulhern is so well-credentialed that he offers one of the top résumés in Michigan. He holds degrees from Yale and Harvard and has taught management leadership at the university level.

Mulhern teaches management styles and techniques, as well as methods of fostering workplace relationships and working as a cohesive unit.

After four years with the county, Mulhern, who goes by the name Daniel Granholm Mulhern, worked as congressional aide for U.S. Rep. Sander Levin and for University of Detroit High School.

In January 1999, he joined the staff of PMP, just as his wife took over as the new attorney general. In addition to his PMP salary, he earned commissions of about 20 percent for each contract landed.

Granholm served as attorney for the county executive's office from 1989-91 and returned to the county as corporation counsel from 1995-98. McNamara and key players in his administration were instrumental in launching her political career.

County records show that the contracts secured by Mulhern were for these services:

* Four months of one-on-one leadership coaching with Katz, beginning in April 1999, at a price of $7,500.

* A 2-day Frankenmuth retreat in May 1999 for about 100 executive staff at a price of nearly $15,000.

* A "Leadership Development Program" from August 1999 to March 2000 for about 40 county executive staffers at a cost of $64,000.

* A 7-month, $172,500 leadership training program for 20 airport personnel under a contract that was selected in October 1999. Mulhern secured the contract but pulled out of the project - and returned his commission check - when he left the company to form his own firm in November 1999. PMP wanted him to follow through on the project as an independent contractor but Mulhern, sensing his wife might run for governor, said that he decided the contract might some day become a political issue and declined.

* An office retreat for county personnel in September 2000 that consisted of a 2-hour presentation. The price was $950.

* A monthly leadership program for three top county officials from February to October 2001 at cost of $14,000."

brucek
03-14-2007, 17:18
Originally posted by Drilled
I don't think we have the option for recall in this state, another dupe by the full time legislators on us dummies that let them do that to us!

I do think she is a bold faced liar and if she is she can be impeached. Here is an article from the Macomb Daily:
http://204.176.34.196/macombdaily/article.asp?ID=2971927

"Attorney General Jennifer Granholm's husband landed six contracts with Wayne County worth nearly $300,000 with the help of some of Granholm's top campaign supporters. <snip>

Wasn't she exonerated during the McNamara investigations? I do agree with you - she is a lying sack of fecal material. She is also a two faced b*tch. True story - I was camping along the Benzie (sp?) River a few years ago and she was also staying there, in a brand spankin' new Coachman trailer donated by the campground owner along with her daughters. When the camera's were on her she was out pressin' flesh and kissin' babies. After the press left and things died down. I tried to introduce myself and say a few words - no, nothing derogatory - but she just walked away not even acknowledging me. Rude! Must have been my fishin' hat cause I know I took a shower that day. ;)

--

BruceK

brucek
03-14-2007, 17:21
Originally posted by smooth1
It's scarey because even Kwame is trying to do something about reducing taxes in Detroit. He's almost sounding Republican

Kwame? Reduce taxes? Isn't he trying to tax fast food in Detroit? Must need some extra dough to pay for that diamond in his ear. Either that or hookers!
--

BruceK

Drilled
03-15-2007, 10:36
Here is the rub as I understand it on the investigation, she was WACO’s corporation counsel, during years that favoritism was used in granting contracts paid by the county.

As WACO’s counsel there is no way that those contracts would not have been viewed by her or one of her staff members, she had to have been sweating bullets when the investigation was launched because McNamara had the shredders working overtime…She was absolutely someone of interest to the MSP and FBI during the investigations and I believe even though McNamara died, the investigation is still ongoing. Albeit, on a reduced scale since the MSP now works directly for her and the FBI has bigger issues than a crook who happened to get elected by soccer moms, minorities and unions.

She is throwing a lot of money at education and subsequently has the support of the MEA, which IMO is a real crime, because the teachers here have their own agenda because of unions and subsequently support her because she is buying their support with our tax dollars…Bottom line is she is very much a crook and has lied about her knowledge and involvement in the granting of contracts. Her husband was even given favoritism from WACO! Now we are supposed to believe she had no involvement in that? Please!

Michigan has always been a strong union state, but it is that very fact that has buried us, people that support this (and I have been in three unions here) are like the prisoners being dragged to the gas chamber, kicking screaming crying the whole time, it is unfair and Grandmole is at the lever. When in reality what people here need to do is hold these elected people completely responsible for what happens now and going forward…She will never take any responsibility for what is happening in this state and those of us that stay here will see more and more taxes and less and less jobs because she is an incompetent…

We killed our economy here by letting non educated people slap on bumpers and bolt on seats for $50,000 to $80,000 a year + benefits working for the big three who are all in big trouble because they were as irresponsible as the factory rats that kept eating the underbelly of the giants till there was nothing left…

Grandmole is the biggest of the rats and will be twisting the saber of death as Michigan takes its final gasps.
The only real chance we have is to get her out of office and get a level headed CEO in here and take charge of this state like you would run a corporation and get it back to profitability…Michigan will never be the car capitol of the world again but we have many opportunities, non of which will ever be realized under her wicked direction…We need to fire her in a big way!

brucek
03-15-2007, 16:54
Originally posted by Drilled

We killed our economy here by letting non educated people slap on bumpers and bolt on seats for $50,000 to $80,000 a year + benefits working for the big three who are all in big trouble because they were as irresponsible as the factory rats that kept eating the underbelly of the giants till there was nothing left…

Grandmole is the biggest of the rats and will be twisting the saber of death as Michigan takes its final gasps.
The only real chance we have is to get her out of office and get a level headed CEO in here and take charge of this state like you would run a corporation and get it back to profitability…Michigan will never be the car capitol of the world again but we have many opportunities, non of which will ever be realized under her wicked direction…We need to fire her in a big way!

100% agreement here! I also was a card carrying UAW member in the early 70's. A Union Steward for a short period of time. Learned in a hurry what was in the honchos best interests! And yes, I believe the downfall of Michigan's economy and the state of the US auto and auto parts manufacturing is a direct result of labor cost and piss poor quality by the rank and file whose 25 buck and hour plus bennies jobs are protected by the unions.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, please don't shoot me, some of my best friends are Union members! ;)
--

BruceK

Drilled
03-16-2007, 09:00
Originally posted by brucek

Anyway, sorry for the rant, please don't shoot me, some of my best friends are Union members! ;)
--
BruceK

Some of mine are too, you are not ranting just expressing what so many of us know.

I am amazed at how many of my old union brothers and sisters still don't get it though.

Michigan lost another 160,000 some jobs in Jan of this year!

She needs to go!

Glkster19
03-17-2007, 05:48
One of the many things that get me is she wants to give tax breaks to people who buy homes now to stimulate home buying. Instead, how about tax breaks for the people getting taxed out of their homes that we constantly see in the last few pages of our local papers. I swear every week the foreclosures increase quite a bit. Maybe if we stop the foreclosures, there won't be so many homes for sale. I know taxes are not the only reason for the foreclosures but you sure do hear a lot of people complaining about their taxes going up while property values constantly go down.

Drilled
03-17-2007, 07:48
Originally posted by Glkster19
One of the many things that get me is she wants to give tax breaks to people who buy homes now to stimulate home buying. Instead, how about tax breaks for the people getting taxed out of their homes that we constantly see in the last few pages of our local papers. I swear every week the foreclosures increase quite a bit. Maybe if we stop the foreclosures, there won't be so many homes for sale. I know taxes are not the only reason for the foreclosures but you sure do hear a lot of people complaining about their taxes going up while property values constantly go down.

She does not know squat about running a state government, a liberal democrat knows only one thing...Raise taxes! I talk to everyone, liberals, republicans, independents, not a single person I talk to says they think she is doing a good job!

So why do we keep her? If we get her out of there, we may just have a chance to turn this thing around...We need to get rid of our full time legislators and go to part time and adjust their pay accordingly, reduce the bureaucratic numbers and get some smart business people looking at everything under a microscope and do it on a contract basis and not put anyone else on the payroll...She needs to get rid of the cars and airplanes and her summer mansion up north...I am talking austere here folks, till we get back on top...Every dime being spent by her or any other politician needs to be scrutinized by an independent agency...

No funds to Detroit unless they are carefully monitored by a group of watchdogs.

Start pounding on your Reps in Lansing and demanding these things and maybe, just maybe we could pull it out in a year or two...Got to start talking to your teachers too and get them to see the light on her dead end school programs that will only put more money in the hands of teachers...

Time to take the bull by the horns, or should I have said the mole by the root...

brucek
03-18-2007, 18:18
Originally posted by Glkster19
..... I swear every week the foreclosures increase quite a bit......

Not only that. But for many of the folks who want to get out of Dodge they can't even sell their houses for what they paid just a couple of years ago! My neighbor, after over a year on the market, got her first offer last week - ~30k less than her purchase price. They bought it about 3 years ago. It's a nice house on a big lot in a decent, if not, upscale neighborhood. All right, Farmington Hills. So I live across the street in a bigger house, with a basement - their's is on a slab - and a little bigger lot and the State sends me a new assessment which says my house is worth 10K more than last year??????

Kick the Bi*ch out!
--

BruceK :steamed:

Drilled
03-20-2007, 10:39
What Would Dick DeVos do?
By Michigan Republican Party Chairman Saulius "Saul" Anuzis
If Dick DeVos were Governor...
In the current budget crisis, I am asked daily what the Republicans would do differently from what Governor Granholm is proposing. It really got me thinking- what if Dick DeVos had been elected Governor of the State of Michigan? I think you would see a much different message coming from the Executive Office. Allow me, for a moment, to pretend I know what Dick DeVos would do were his feet in the Executive shoes.

Number 1: An immediate freeze on all new state spending, including hiring. Until we have the current crisis figured out, the state will not spend a penny more than it spent last year and will look for ways to cut costs dramatically. A $41,500,000,000 budget- we can figure out how to live within our means.

Number 2: Issue an Executive Order that state employees can no longer receive both a pension and a state salary. Along these same lines, eliminate all unnecessary government positions - do not appoint or hire failed candidates to positions in state government and conduct a thorough review of each state department, looking for duplication and waste.

Number 3: Sign the recently introduced House legislation that requires immediate reporting if a department is going to go over their appropriated budget and fire those responsible for overspending. Government, like Michigan residents, must live within its means.

He would have fired the Director responsible for the budget, not reward such behavior by making them your Chief of Staff. Talk about sending the wrong message.

Number 4: Allow for the competitive bidding of teacher health care benefits, saving the state over $400 million without losing ANY benefits.

Number 5: Mandate a 10% across the board cut for all state departments in their operating budgets, saving at least $26 million. When Michigan residents come across tough times, they find ways to scale back- state departments can, as well.

Number 6: Work with the legislature to immediately reform Medicaid to allow for healthy living incentives, saving the state $240 million. Review eligibility requirements to stop the ever expansion of Medicaid recipients as a not so subtle way to nationalize health care.

Number 7: Institute a new business tax that is fair, clear, and rewards success. Raising taxes on business or individuals is not acceptable. Michigan cannot tax our way out of this recession. No other government in history has ever done that.

Number 8: Lead by example- rather than spending money traveling the state to ask people what they think government should do, ask the legislature and policy experts in government to stay in Lansing until the crisis is resolved. Rather than traveling to Japan and Germany, meet with Comerica, Pfizer, and other existing companies asking them what we can do to keep them here and help them expand. Maintain open lines of communication with Michigan corporations so that the Governor is not the last to know when a company is thinking about leaving.

Number 9: Stop any further spending of the "21st Century Jobs Fund." The fund is currently being reviewed by the Michigan Senate, determining effectiveness and whether or not the fund has been misused.

Number 10: Follow the lead of Oakland County's Mike Bouchard and allow for competitive bidding of prison food. In Oakland County it has saved $1.6 million per year. If the results are there, look at doing similar competitive bidding for other areas of government food service. If anyone deserves good airline food, it's our guests at our state correctional institutions.

These are just a few real steps that I think we would see under Republican leadership at the top. Governor Granholm is quick to say that Republicans need to offer alternatives; we have, and we will. Still, shouldn't the Governor get her own party to sign off on her plan first? Shouldn't the Democratic-controlled State House be the place that she kicks off her plan? It should, but it isn't. Instead, this Governor is going around the state, talking to people, hoping that they will allow her rhetoric to keep them from calling for her head on a platter. Dick DeVos wouldn't need to travel the state to see what he should do - Dick DeVos would lead Michigan. And it is time Granholm does.

Drilled
03-24-2007, 19:11
http://www.washingtonceasefire.com/content/view/43/37/