Not really a shooting thing but [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Not really a shooting thing but

Hunterjbb
03-05-2007, 19:43
It may affect your shooting, i've heard a nasty rumor that the Personal property tax(car tax) was being re-instated without the discounts that we've had over the last couple of years?.

Anyone hear anything similar ?.

Jeff.

sigpro357
03-10-2007, 02:28
The discount isn't going away as I remember it but I do believe they are going to change something to do with the way the access or increase the acessments or dollar figure in order to obtain more money.

This is what happens when we elect democrats. Don't forget that Virginia ran a surplus in the budget last year but we still managed to increase the tax base by a half percent. Add to that hot lanes in the HOV. What do you think that will do to the morning comutte? Want to reduce congestion and promote fuel savings. Promote more car pooling by requiring more lanes be HOV-3 only and building more commutter rails. Give tax breaks for those who utilize mass transit and can produce receipts. It will benefit the economy, enviornment, and reduce congestion. But no they say hey how about letting the JA with the BMW get on the interstate at 8Am by paying 12 dollars. Is it about the environment and congestion or is it about MONEY?????

It's simple Virginians. Whe are doomed. People are for uncontrolled growth. We have multiple Wal-Marts, Targets, Home Depots Lowes within a couple square miles. They are building houses and schools like crazy. Bringing more people in than the infastructure can support. People from up North (IE New York, New Jersey, Mass, etc) are coming here to get a decent job with a lower cost of living whilst bringing their liberal ideas with them. Pretty soon we have a Democrat governor more taxes, etc etc.

Northerners are like the cancer of America, and they are spreading.

Hunterjbb
03-10-2007, 19:31
I'm orginonally from Pennsylvania :) born and raised.. I transfered here in 97 cause of my job..

You got it right, it's ALWAYS about the money.. not much else matters.. how else could they fund there golden parachutes ;)

I don't know much about the HOV as here in Richmond area there are none.. we don't have the traffic as bad as NOVA.. but it's gotten worse since i got here.

And yes, i can go in any direction from my house and hit the same stores on different streets.. it just amazes me they all stay in business.

You want to talk about uncontrolled expansion, come to chesterfield county.. it's unreal the amount of construction done in the last 7 years..

Jeff.

Slinger646
03-10-2007, 19:36
Originally posted by sigpro357
The discount isn't going away as I remember it but I do believe they are going to change something to do with the way the access or increase the acessments or dollar figure in order to obtain more money.

This is what happens when we elect democrats. Don't forget that Virginia ran a surplus in the budget last year but we still managed to increase the tax base by a half percent. Add to that hot lanes in the HOV. What do you think that will do to the morning comutte? Want to reduce congestion and promote fuel savings. Promote more car pooling by requiring more lanes be HOV-3 only and building more commutter rails. Give tax breaks for those who utilize mass transit and can produce receipts. It will benefit the economy, enviornment, and reduce congestion. But no they say hey how about letting the JA with the BMW get on the interstate at 8Am by paying 12 dollars. Is it about the environment and congestion or is it about MONEY?????

It's simple Virginians. Whe are doomed. People are for uncontrolled growth. We have multiple Wal-Marts, Targets, Home Depots Lowes within a couple square miles. They are building houses and schools like crazy. Bringing more people in than the infastructure can support. People from up North (IE New York, New Jersey, Mass, etc) are coming here to get a decent job with a lower cost of living whilst bringing their liberal ideas with them. Pretty soon we have a Democrat governor more taxes, etc etc.

And this is why Im blowing this Popsicle Stand ASAP...

vafish
03-11-2007, 06:46
Originally posted by sigpro357

I was born and raised in Minnesota. Been here in VA since 1983. Never voted for a democrat in my life.

lethal tupperwa
03-11-2007, 06:54
When they were around Virginia had a Surplus not a deficit.

This governor we have now isn't even a shadow of the old guys.

Slinger646
03-11-2007, 07:39
Old Democrats like the Byrd Machine?