Where to get the best price on 9mm in Utah County area? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where to get the best price on 9mm in Utah County area?


RMTactical
03-06-2007, 02:08
I need about 500-600 rounds of 9mm for a class I am taking soon. Anyone know where the best place to get this ammo would be?

If I went to Wal-Mart and bought 500 rounds there in the WWB 100 round packs it would be about $70.

Any other places with better prices?

Sambolijah
03-06-2007, 15:52
Center Street Brass.

Steve Koski
03-06-2007, 19:06
Originally posted by RMTactical
I need about 500-600 rounds of 9mm for a class I am taking soon. Anyone know where the best place to get this ammo would be?

If I went to Wal-Mart and bought 500 rounds there in the WWB 100 round packs it would be about $70.

Any other places with better prices? What class you takin'? Is it a Gabe Suarez class?

RMTactical
03-06-2007, 19:22
Originally posted by Steve Koski
What class you takin'? Is it a Gabe Suarez class?

No.

It's mostly a carbine class but we're shooting pistols too.

sickboy013
03-06-2007, 21:56
Originally posted by Steve Koski
What class you takin'? Is it a Gabe Suarez class?

I wanna take the Suarez class... just don't have the money right now. :sad:

reerc
03-07-2007, 17:03
Originally posted by Sambolijah
Center Street Brass.

Lemme know if you find the front door, and maybe I'll try again.

:thumbsup:

Sambolijah
03-07-2007, 17:28
Originally posted by reerc
Lemme know if you find the front door, and maybe I'll try again.

:thumbsup:

Here ya go.
:)

In the attached picture, CSB is the "L" shaped building on the left side of the road.

I marked a small red circle on the front door.

Sambolijah
03-07-2007, 17:30
.

Sambolijah
03-07-2007, 17:31
sorry, i'm retarded with these things, here is the picture.

reerc
03-07-2007, 19:09
Cool; thanks for the effort.

And like my sig line says ... :thumbsup:

Cokeman
03-07-2007, 22:19
Center Street Brass is cheaper than Wal-mart? Are they reloads?

reerc
03-07-2007, 22:57
Originally posted by Cokeman
Center Street Brass is cheaper than Wal-mart? Are they reloads?

Yes, reloads. I haven't used them myself, but Sambolijah has, and if I can find the door, I'm still going to give 'em a try. I'm not against quality reloads, especially for range time.

Cokeman
03-07-2007, 23:15
What do they sell .40 S&Ws for? Do I trust them in my Glock?

Sambolijah
03-08-2007, 14:53
It's been a couple months since i've bought ammo from them, but last fall i bought a box of 50 for $7 (.40 S&W).
I shoot them in my glock with no troubles, just like that HSM bright orange box of commercial reloads.

Their 223 reloads are pretty good too.

Sambolijah
03-08-2007, 14:54
Originally posted by Cokeman
Center Street Brass is cheaper than Wal-mart? Are they reloads?

Sportsmans warehouse is cheaper than wal-mart, often.

Cokeman
03-08-2007, 21:38
Originally posted by Sambolijah
Sportsmans warehouse is cheaper than wal-mart, often.

For what brand? I've never seen them be cheaper. Sportsmans only carries boxes of 50. I can get 100 boxes of WWB at Wal-mart for $20. Does Sportsmans have boxes of 50 for less than $10?

Kaliber
03-09-2007, 09:29
Originally posted by Cokeman
For waht brand? I've never seen them be cheaper. Sportsmans only carries boxes of 50. I can get 100 boxes of WWB at Wal-mart for $20. Does Sportsmans have boxes of 50 for less than $10?

The 100 box of WWB is like $12 at Walmart, not $20.

~Kaliber

Sambolijah
03-09-2007, 09:30
Originally posted by Cokeman
For waht brand? I've never seen them be cheaper. Sportsmans only carries boxes of 50. I can get 100 boxes of WWB at Wal-mart for $20. Does Sportsmans have boxes of 50 for less than $10?

I assume we're still talking about .40. Yeah, sportsman's sells that HSM box of 50 for about $8.50.

They have it in .45, and a few other calibers too.
It's in a bright orange box, can't miss it.

Sportsman's sells 223 cheaper than WM, as well.

Sambolijah
03-09-2007, 09:31
Originally posted by Kaliber
The 100 box of WWB is like $12 at Walmart, not $20.

~Kaliber

depends on the caliber.
Last time I bought .40 at walmart in that 100 WWB pack,
it was pushing 18.

RMTactical
03-09-2007, 10:43
When did .40 get so expensive. I used to buy it at WalMart for about $14/100 rounds. :sad:

UtahBen
03-09-2007, 13:00
Does CSB sell Shotgun shells/slugs?

Sambolijah
03-09-2007, 14:52
Originally posted by UtahBen
Does CSB sell Shotgun shells/slugs?

I don't know, but I don't recall seeing any last time.

Cokeman
03-09-2007, 15:49
Originally posted by Kaliber
The 100 box of WWB is like $12 at Walmart, not $20.

~Kaliber

9mm went from $13 to $15. .40 S&W went from $18 to $20.

Cokeman
03-09-2007, 15:52
Originally posted by Sambolijah
I assume we're still talking about .40. Yeah, sportsman's sells that HSM box of 50 for about $8.50.

They have it in .45, and a few other calibers too.
It's in a bright orange box, can't miss it.

Sportsman's sells 223 cheaper than WM, as well.

What is HSM? I'm not familiar with that? When did you last see is at that price?

Sambolijah
03-09-2007, 16:42
Originally posted by Cokeman
What is HSM? I'm not familiar with that? When did you last see is at that price?

HSM is out of Montana, I think.
They're commercial reloads.
They work fine in my glock.

A couple weeks ago, when i last bought some, it was still that price.

Steve Koski
03-09-2007, 20:05
You boys need a visit to the reloading forum!

I can reload 9mm for 7.2 cents each. That's $3.60 per box of 50, $7.20 per box of 100 (4.5 cent plated bullet, 1.8 cent primer, .9 cent powder).

In .40 it costs about another 1.5 cents for the bullet, so you end up at $4.35 per 50, $8.70 per hundred.

If you don't shoot much, this savings won't be worth it. If you shoot a lot, the savings will pay for your reloading equipment awfully fast, and you'll get to shoot a lot more for your buck.

Koski

Cokeman
03-09-2007, 21:33
I'm still trying to be brave enough to shoot .40 reloads. The horror stories, man! The horror stories!

reerc
03-09-2007, 21:54
Originally posted by Steve Koski
You boys need a visit to the reloading forum!

I haven't reloaded centerfire rifles/pistols, but I can't freakin' COUNT the number of 12 ga. shells I reloaded back in the day, growing up on the farm.

There was a "therapeauticy" (to use a word Mrs. reerc coined) to sitting in my parents' basement, and cranking out those shells, one after another; taking pride in making the "star" in the crimp look as much like a factory load as possible.

But like Steve says, since I don't shoot anywhwere near as much as I used to, the economics just aren't there for me anymore.

I have no fear of shooting a properly handloaded/reloaded shell. It's probably within closer tolerances than some "factory" shells.

:thumbsup:

Sambolijah
03-09-2007, 23:18
I haven't reloaded .40 for some of the same horror story reasons,

but I've been reloading 223 pushing a year, and really enjoy it.

Cokeman
03-09-2007, 23:29
With these two companies that we are talking about, where do they get their brass?

Steve Koski
03-09-2007, 23:31
At last count I've fired 53,000+ of my 40 reloads. Use some common sense and it's a piece of cake.

Cokeman
03-10-2007, 02:04
Originally posted by Steve Koski
At last count I've fired 53,000+ of my 40 reloads. Use some common sense and it's a piece of cake.

Like not over charging the powder?

Steve Koski
03-10-2007, 07:41
Originally posted by Cokeman
Like not over charging the powder? Yes, and using published data, and not trying to make it into a 40 Magnum (10mm).

Sambolijah
03-10-2007, 08:01
Steve, if I re-use the .40 brass fired from my glock,
is there really an issue with the bulging near the base of the case?

RMTactical
03-10-2007, 11:32
Originally posted by Sambolijah
Steve, if I re-use the .40 brass fired from my glock,
is there really an issue with the bulging near the base of the case?

I know a guy in AZ that reloads thousands of .40 casings a year, and they were all shot from Glocks.

Cokeman
03-10-2007, 12:59
Originally posted by Sambolijah
Steve, if I re-use the .40 brass fired from my glock,
is there really an issue with the bulging near the base of the case?

I pick up the shells that fall from my Glock and I can't see a bulge of any kind. My friend had a G27 that has a B** serial number and it didn't bulge the shells last week. I read someone's post that said that it's normal for .40 Glocks to bulge cases at 6:00. I don't see it.

Steve Koski
03-10-2007, 17:33
Originally posted by Sambolijah
Steve, if I re-use the .40 brass fired from my glock,
is there really an issue with the bulging near the base of the case? No. The problem is if you use the same case for 10 hot rod loads. If you either a) don't hot rod or b) only use the case for a few hot rods and then retire it to the medium/light load pile, then you're just fine.

If you don't reload but think you might in 5 or 10 years, pick up your brass and stash it in a corner somewhere. If/when you decide to start reloading, you'll be way ahead of the game.

Some factory ammo will put a mild 6:00 bulge on to the brass (it's nothing dramatic), but it's still just fine for reloading.

Sambolijah
03-10-2007, 18:52
Originally posted by Steve Koski
No. The problem is if you use the same case for 10 hot rod loads. If you either a) don't hot rod or b) only use the case for a few hot rods and then retire it to the medium/light load pile, then you're just fine.

If you don't reload but think you might in 5 or 10 years, pick up your brass and stash it in a corner somewhere. If/when you decide to start reloading, you'll be way ahead of the game.

Some factory ammo will put a mild 6:00 bulge on to the brass (it's nothing dramatic), but it's still just fine for reloading.

Okay.
I only reload 223 right now, but I've been hanging onto my .40 brass anyway.

Todd F
03-20-2007, 20:16
I saw the map for Center Street Brass but cant picture where its at. Is it north of east bay?

Sambolijah
03-20-2007, 21:38
It's in the East Bay area, east of the shopping centers.

At the 900 South stoplight (Taco Bell NW corner), go east.
Take the 2nd right. (S)
Take the first left. (E)

It'll be a couple blocks down on your right side, behind a fence.

Todd F
03-21-2007, 04:58
Thanks a bunch, I should be able to drive right to it!

reerc
03-21-2007, 20:16
Well, I finally found & tried the CSB, and like I said before, they're obviously not a retail store.

Actually, if they're not going to make it easier for retail customers to find and even do something simple like, write which door to come in, I don't think they want retail customers.

Sambolijah
03-22-2007, 16:39
Originally posted by reerc
Well, I finally found & tried the CSB, and like I said before, they're obviously not a retail store.

Actually, if they're not going to make it easier for retail customers to find and even do something simple like, write which door to come in, I don't think they want retail customers.


I didn't think it was that confusing, but hey.
They still have the best prices around.