Looking for a single stack [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a single stack

Houngan
03-07-2007, 05:54
Hey folks, Matt Griffin here. I'm going to hit some major matches this year, and one of them is the Single Stack Classic up in Barry, IL. The funny thing is that I don't actually own a single stack, or any 1911 variant for that matter.

If anyone has a 1911 laying around gathering dust, perhaps we could do a deal? I thought I'd bring this up here instead of the classifieds, as I'd want to run some ammo through the gun before buying at the Tues. or Thurs. matches.

I'm not looking for (actively avoiding) anything fancy, I'd just like something that runs 99.9% reliably and meets the USPSA single stack rules. Somewhere between mil-spec and a Kimber, I suppose.

H.

GLW
03-07-2007, 06:56
I may have something that you would like. It is a custom gun I had built a number of years ago but never raced. Another resource you might tap into is Joe Barnsfather. Joe does excellent work on 1911s and may have some leads on guns or could build you one from scratch. In fact he is building me a new gun right now to use at the Single Stack Classic. I think he can be reached through the folks at Openrange Indoor. Hope this helps and good luck at the matches this year.

Berretta9
03-07-2007, 07:05
I have just what you are saking for. P/M sent

Houngan
03-07-2007, 07:07
Thanks for the help, guys. Surely between the two of us we can beat Leatham, right Grady? :rofl:

H.

Clyde
03-08-2007, 17:43
You looking for a specific caliber?

I assume you already have your slot for the match - it filled up fast - I was to slow and missed out....