Firearm Transfer Question [Archive] - Glock Talk


View Full Version : Firearm Transfer Question

03-08-2007, 06:29
My FIL drove here from Oregon on his way to Fla. He is giving my wife a black powder rifle. Since he transported it to GA and he is giving it to her while he is here, do we need to do any kind of paperwork? A gift receipt? FFL transfer?

03-09-2007, 03:43
i think it would be like a gift.but you can make a recipt up and sign it just in case.but i have sold 2 guns ftf and never did anything else.

03-09-2007, 09:01
Leaglly, all he has to has to do is hand it to her and say "I hope you enjoy it." Well.....telling her to enjoy it is what I would do, but isn't exactly required.

03-11-2007, 08:19
If this is a black powder, as in a muzzle loader, nothing has to be done.
As muzzle loaders are considered to be primiative weapons.

05-25-2007, 22:51
If it is not a black powder weapon, nothing has to be done.
If he wants to cover his butt, he can have her sign a receipt saying she has it and he does not, so if she injuries someone with it, and it is traced to him, he can prove he does not have it. Or is that covered under "innocent until proven guilty". I forget. :whistling: