Don Davis, helping make IN a national laughing stock [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Don Davis, helping make IN a national laughing stock

epsylum
03-08-2007, 12:18
I was just watching Attack of the Show on G4 (mmmmmm Olivia Munn :drool: ). The have a segment called "around the net" where they show some of the new viral videos that are making their rounds on the net. One was a commercial for Don's Guns doing his usual creepy "I just love to sell guns, hahaha" routine (while holding a gold Desert Eagle no less) and even threw in a bit about the second amendment. Of course they also mentioned where it was from.

I just want to take this moment to thank Don Davis for making all of us Hoosiers and 2a supporters look like a bunch back-woods idiots.

Of course being from LA, the channel and their hosts aren't the most supportive of the 2a, but I have seen a segment where they went to Valhalla Shooting Club and it at least wasn't a anti-2a piece and the host seemed to genuinely have fun there (how couldn't you shooting full autos in a simulated CQB scenario).

I feel like writing them an e-mail and letting them know just who Don really is (and the absolutely stupid prices he has).

fire1035
03-08-2007, 12:41
I stopped into the Laffayette Rd store the other day (my wife works around the corner). He had almost $600 on a USED G27.

And is it just me or does anybody else feel absolutely filthy after they walk into one of his stores? What a piece of something.........

mpholic
03-08-2007, 15:35
Originally posted by epsylum
I feel like writing them an e-mail and letting them know just who Don really is (and the absolutely stupid prices he has).

Sounds like a good idea to me. :thumbsup:

4sarge
03-08-2007, 15:55
Originally posted by mpholic
Sounds like a good idea to me. :thumbsup:

Don is a class act, ask Jimmy Hoffa - oh yeah he's missing - Don was his x bodyguard then ended up with a bunch of extra cash after Hoffa was missing and then he started Don's Guns mmmmmhhh... :upeyes:

probably just a coincidence :supergrin:

MakeMineaP99
03-08-2007, 16:52
Isn't this the shop that ATF traces several illegal guns too? I thought I remebered seeing an article about him before.

I cannot understand why he's still in business, especially if his prices are $600 for a used Glock.

1 old 0311
03-08-2007, 17:05
Originally posted by MakeMineaP99
Isn't this the shop that ATF traces several illegal guns too? I thought I remebered seeing an article about him before.

I cannot understand why he's still in business, especially if his prices are $600 for a used Glock.

They habla espanol.

Harlequin
03-08-2007, 17:26

As much as it pains me to do so, I have to defend the store here. NO gun store has any control over what happens when the guns leave. Just because he's in a so-so part of town and caters to the low-life crowd doesn't mean they are actively criminals.

MakeMineaP99
03-08-2007, 17:46
Still, even if he complies with the letter of the law, many firearms used in crimes come from his shop.

Warp
03-08-2007, 18:11
Still, even if he complies with the letter of the law, many firearms used in crimes come from his shop.

Yes, they do. Often showing in Chicago from what I hear...

fire1035
03-08-2007, 18:20
I won't disagree with you that he cannot control what happens after the guns leave his store. It's like somebody's signature line around here says "if guns kill people then I get to blame my spelling mistakes on my pencil." That doesn't stop me from thinking he's a disgusting slimeball though.

epsylum
03-08-2007, 18:27
Originally posted by fire1035
That doesn't stop me from thinking he's a disgusting slimeball though.

:animlol:

Nice save. :supergrin:

dwh79
03-08-2007, 21:56
He deffinetly gives gun owners a bad name. I don't believe in more gun control but somone needs o revoke his business license in Indianapolis if not IN. The only people paying 600 for a used G27 or new are the trash that no other gun shop will sell to.

fire1035
03-08-2007, 22:15
Originally posted by dwh79
He deffinetly gives gun owners a bad name. I don't believe in more gun control but somone needs o revoke his business license in Indianapolis if not IN. The only people paying 600 for a used G27 or new are the trash that no other gun shop will sell to.

DING DING DING We have a winnah!

fire1035
03-08-2007, 22:22
When I was there the other day I saw that there is a guy from my wife's high school class working there that I just assumed wouldn't amount to anything when we were in school together. Apparently I was right, he's just as dirty and smelly as ever.

My biggest question with that joint is how many guns come in through the back door? Because I think by now everyone knows with the debacle that is the IPD/MCSD merger noone has time to watch Laffayette Square's parking lot so there is easy access to aforementioned back door. And with that back door unwatched how many of those guns turn around and go right back out that back door for a little extra cash?

And one last side note. It's going to be warm this weekend anybody want to take a guess on the number of homicides over the next 3 days? Thank God that 1. I live in Speedway so 6 cops are never more than 2 minutes form my doorstep and 2. My wife is now well armed with her very own brand new G26 (thanks Glock for extending your LEO program to firefighters!) to go along with my 33/27 convert.

epsylum
03-08-2007, 23:33
Here is a link to the video making the rounds on the net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynCsFZ3AS3E

Harlequin
03-09-2007, 06:41
Originally posted by dwh79

I've seen some shady people in Pop's. Let's close businesses just because they cater to businesses other than yuppies! It's America after all! Don Davis is a scumbag, and his store might cater to scumbags, but as long as the STORE follows the law there's not a problem with it. Few gun stores will turn down business. Start doing what you're proposing and all gun stores will close. Don't give the Dems a reason...

My biggest question with that joint is how many guns come in through the back door? Because I think by now everyone knows with the debacle that is the IPD/MCSD merger noone has time to watch Laffayette Square's parking lot so there is easy access to aforementioned back door. And with that back door unwatched how many of those guns turn around and go right back out that back door for a little extra cash?

It doesn't work that way. There's paperwork for the guns coming in and going out. If it doesn't match up the store's in trouble. Don's has been investigated many times and they're still in business so that paperwork matches up. No gun store that wants to stay in business takes a chance with that. One missing gun and they're done for good.

My wife is now well armed with her very own brand new G26 (thanks Glock for extending your LEO program to firefighters!) to go along with my 33/27 convert.

Good for her! I wish I could get mine to arm herself.

Harlequin
03-09-2007, 06:42
Originally posted by epsylum
Here is a link to the video making the rounds on the net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynCsFZ3AS3E

Damn he's ugly. So is that gun.

fire1035
03-09-2007, 07:32
Originally posted by Harlequin

Good for her! I wish I could get mine to arm herself.

Even better her work ENCOURAGES her to carry while there. That's about the only good thing I have to say about the company though.

4sarge
03-09-2007, 07:34
Originally posted by Harlequin
It doesn't work that way. There's paperwork for the guns coming in and going out. If it doesn't match up the store's in trouble. Don's has been investigated many times and they're still in business so that paperwork matches up. No gun store that wants to stay in business takes a chance with that. One missing gun and they're done for good. [/B]

Teflon Don
I've been there before - paperwork didn't match, stolen guns for sale in inventory (Lafayette Road store), large amount of cash (unaccounted for) in safe, he told ATF (at that time) to take a hike and refused to show his paperwork (book), safe, cooked books, money, stolen guns all confiscated. Result all returned, but the stolen guns. Don sued IPD and collected $$$'s. Guns were stolen recovered, books were incorrect (falsified) refused to cooperate with ATF but the Federal Prosecutor let him go. Fix was in high up on the food chain with the Feds. Someone owes Don and it's got to relate to Hoffa. Don became wealthy, Jimmy missing, Teamsters, the Mafia and the Government all were Happy. I know it sounds paranoid but research the facts. Don was a leg breaker for local 135 before getting the move up to be Hoffa's bodyguard.

Numerous burglaries at the 96th Street store where only the high powered an automatics were taken w/o recovery, no suspects etc. Carmel officer at the intersection when the alarm tripped, all guns and suspects gone without a trace and he was less than 30 seconds away. Truck thru the front door, (well liked) MCSD Deputy, shot assassination style (murder unsolved - Earl Sharp) across the street from that store working part time on an overnight shift. Do I need to say more because there is plenty

Snowman92D
03-09-2007, 08:24
I've known Don a long time...and there is indeed plenty.

kahrcarrier
03-10-2007, 19:21
To the media in L.A., we Hoosiers and Second Ammend. supporters are and always will be a bunch of backwoods idiots, Don Davis or no.

I can't get too excited about all this.
If his prices are too high, the free market should close him down.

If he is a criminal, then maybe law enforcement should gather enough evidence to close him down.

If he is just a low-life slimeball, then maybe some his "clients" will eventually get rid of him.

Rexzilla
03-10-2007, 23:26
Just don't go into a Don's Guns. If more ppl did not go into them he would not be around. I have no use for anything he does.

R. Emmelman
03-11-2007, 06:14
Originally posted by Rexzilla
Just don't go into a Don's Guns. If more ppl did not go into them he would not be around. I have no use for anything he does.
He would still have all his Illinois customers :animlol:

B Coyote
03-11-2007, 10:01
I've been in his store twice.

The first because I didn't know better, not being from the area.

The second to show a couple friends that his shop deserves the reputation it has.

bc

Indy_Guy_77
03-11-2007, 15:15
Yes...I feel dirty when I go in there. I think I've only been in there 2x in the last 5 years, and that was 1x too many. The second time I stopped in was just to be sure I remembered correctly what I thought the place was like.

I've also heard that he's a convicted felon and that all the licencing is in his wife's name. Not sure if that's true or not, though.

Selling a $150 gun for $300 IS pretty shady... But, honestly, in THAT neighborhood would you want guns selling for less?

-J-

R. Emmelman
03-11-2007, 20:45
Originally posted by Indy_Guy_77
... snip ...

Selling a $150 gun for $300 IS pretty shady... But, honestly, in THAT neighborhood would you want guns selling for less?

-J-
I can tell you first hand that the people who would "buy" a weapon that way would have no problem with the price. I sold real estate in Indy and found that some of the most shady buyers had no problem coming up with $10,000 cash to purchase a house at 28th and Illinois.

dblagent
03-12-2007, 10:24
I've never been in one of his stores, and I don't think I ever will. Nothing I need is there I already know, and it's flat out scary anyway. :supergrin: Normal shops will be fine for me thanks!