30.06 at Sea World San Antonio? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 30.06 at Sea World San Antonio?

OneEyedDrunk
03-08-2007, 22:41
Any idea on this? I'm going next week.

Thanks!

TKM
03-08-2007, 23:20
Following an incident at Sea World San Diego last year, CALOSHA recommended that lethal options be explored for future incidents.

Do you think a 30/06 has sufficient penetration for killer whales?

I was thinking 20mm. :wavey: :wavey:

waltherone
03-09-2007, 13:16
I think he was asking if sea world has a 30.06 sign posted preventing concealed carry ;)

I don't know the answer though :(

OneEyedDrunk
03-09-2007, 16:59
Originally posted by TKM
Following an incident at Sea World San Diego last year, CALOSHA recommended that lethal options be explored for future incidents.

Do you think a 30/06 has sufficient penetration for killer whales?

I was thinking 20mm. :wavey: :wavey:

WTF??;)

Stealther
03-10-2007, 15:53
Two months ago it did NOT have a 30.06 sign posted.

Gumbo
03-11-2007, 01:49
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/tchlaws0102.pdf

UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER

46.035(b)(5) Page 39 - states "amusement park"

46.035(f)(1) Page 39 - gives definition of "amusement park". From this definition my first guess would be Sea World would qualify - unless it falls short in something arcane like size...I say that because I find it interesting they put 75 acres as a caveat. Makes me think someone was trying to target something specific.

Anyway, hope this helps in someway. Enjoy the trip regardless.

OneEyedDrunk
03-11-2007, 12:57
Originally posted by Gumbo
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/tchlaws0102.pdf

UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER

46.035(b)(5) Page 39 - states "amusement park"

46.035(f)(1) Page 39 - gives definition of "amusement park". From this definition my first guess would be Sea World would qualify - unless it falls short in something arcane like size...I say that because I find it interesting they put 75 acres as a caveat. Makes me think someone was trying to target something specific.

Anyway, hope this helps in someway. Enjoy the trip regardless.

Actually, this doesn't help.

Title 10 Chpt. 46 46.03

A place of business that derives 51% or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on premises consumption
On premises of a correctional facility
On the physical premises of a school, an educational institution, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or an educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private,
On the premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event of interscholastic event is taking place, unless the license holder is a participant in the event and a handgun is used in the event
On the premises of a polling place on the day of an election or while early voting is in progress.
racetrack; secured area of an airport
In any government court or offices utilized by the court, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the court.
*on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship.
*On the premises of a Hospital licensed under the Health and Safety Code
*On the premises of a nursing home licensed under the Health and Safety Code
*Amusement parks. Amusement Parks means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or park where amusement rides are available for use by the public that is located in a county with a population of more than one million, encompasses at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with access only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than 120 days in each calendar year, and has security guards on the premises at all times. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.
Public or private premises conspicuously posted with this sign do
Items above marked * Do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.

Look at the law here. If there isn't a 30.06 sign, then i'm legal to go in. I know for a fact that Six Flags in Arlington is conspicuously marked, but I have heard that Sea World isn't.

cwood
03-11-2007, 17:28
For maybe eight years now, the bans at amusement parks, hospitals, churches etc, has been negated by the last section which was added to require 30.06 notification to make these places off limits.

Gumbo
03-12-2007, 22:20
Originally posted by K-12Glock19
Actually, this doesn't help.

Title 10 Chpt. 46 46.03

A place of business that derives 51% or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on premises consumption
On premises of a correctional facility
On the physical premises of a school, an educational institution, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or an educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private,
On the premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event of interscholastic event is taking place, unless the license holder is a participant in the event and a handgun is used in the event
On the premises of a polling place on the day of an election or while early voting is in progress.
racetrack; secured area of an airport
In any government court or offices utilized by the court, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the court.
*on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship.
*On the premises of a Hospital licensed under the Health and Safety Code
*On the premises of a nursing home licensed under the Health and Safety Code
*Amusement parks. Amusement Parks means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or park where amusement rides are available for use by the public that is located in a county with a population of more than one million, encompasses at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with access only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than 120 days in each calendar year, and has security guards on the premises at all times. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.
Public or private premises conspicuously posted with this sign do
Items above marked * Do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.

Look at the law here. If there isn't a 30.06 sign, then i'm legal to go in. I know for a fact that Six Flags in Arlington is conspicuously marked, but I have heard that Sea World isn't.

I stand corrected

cwood
03-13-2007, 15:55
When I took my CHL instructors course, there were several instructors who were renewing and MANY of them (OK maybe just 'many') were still operating under that assumption even though the change had been made well prior to their last training class.

Just sort of an FYI to everyone, not just you, it is always a good idea to look over the little DPS handbook, "Texas Concealed Handgun Laws and Selected Statutes" from time to time. DPS will send you one free of charge or if you just wanted to download or print it online you can go to the following link:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/ftp/forms/ls-16.pdf

Be safe all.

Braden
03-14-2007, 07:59
Sea World is NOT posted. Feel free to carry all day long. :)

Boy_In_Blue
03-16-2007, 15:51
Be advised Sea World San Diego only allows Peace Officers to carry. No Military Police and no CCWs

Boy_In_Blue
03-16-2007, 15:52
double post.

AmnChode
03-16-2007, 16:38
Well..being we can't carry in CA, don't think that'll be much of an issue ;)

Walter45Auto
03-16-2007, 20:38
Originally posted by K-12Glock19
......I know for a fact that Six Flags in Arlington is conspicuously marked, but I have heard that Sea World isn't.

Where's six flags marked? Last time I was there they weren't. All I ever saw there was the metal detectors.

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

AmnChode
03-19-2007, 15:29
I went last year both SF Over Texas and Fiesta Texas and Arlington had a nice big sign (definitely met the 1" letter requirement). It was one of those flip out, set on the ground types...like a "caution: wet floor" signs, just bigger. Though, I didn't notice one posted at Fiesta Texas...

Lykoi
03-22-2007, 19:34
the state park 30.06 sign change rule is thanks mostly to the TSRA, they seem to be doing more good in TX than NRA or anyone else....

reccomend paying the dues and getting the newsletter etc... they're the people who got our renewal time extended, had prior arrest w/o conviction and expungement taken off the list for disqaulifications and they have done much more including allowing military personnel over the age of 18 to qualify for a CHL as well... Texas State Rifle Association (http://www.tsra.com/?p=page&id=47) hit em up, they are worth every penny.