Gun Stores in Hillsborough [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun Stores in Hillsborough

thewadj
03-08-2007, 23:19
Hey florida glockers...just wondering what the best gun stores in tampa were for glocks, i just recently (as of today) picked up my G26 that i bought at the last gun show at the fair grounds and was wondering where some good glock stores were at...i went to University Gun and Pawn and bought a +2 mag extender but their selection wasn't by far the best...anyways PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

thanks

MP1SG
03-10-2007, 23:11
Not sure what you are looking for, but try the new Shoot Straight range & gun store on 301 & MLK (near the fairgrounds).

http://www.shootstraightonline.com/

TampaXB
03-11-2007, 10:45
I go out to Plant City to Freedom Outfitters.

thewadj
03-11-2007, 15:44
thanks...i actually just went out to shoot straight last week and its pretty small there and seems pretty sturdy in the "modualar home"

Leathercrafter
03-11-2007, 16:17
There's quite a few actually. In Brandon, there's Patriot Arms, ATAC, 2nd Amendment. In Plant City, there's Freedom Outfitters, Harold's Outdoors, and another small shop downtown (can't remember the name right now). There's University Gun & Pawn, and a couple of others closer to Tampa. Just over in Clearwater, there is Deer Hunter Guns. I've dealt with all of these, and my choice by far would be Deer Hunter, both for price and customer service. Some of the others mentioned are sorely lacking in those categories.

MP1SG
03-11-2007, 19:08
Originally posted by thewadj
thanks...i actually just went out to shoot straight last week and its pretty small there and seems pretty sturdy in the "modualar home"
I think you went to the wrong place. Shoot Straight has only been open for about 2 weeks and it is a big, new building (no modula home), 100 yard rifle range, pistol range & archery range. I bet they have 1500 guns in that place.

MP1SG
03-11-2007, 19:10
Originally posted by Leathercrafter
There's quite a few actually. In Brandon, there's Patriot Arms, ATAC, 2nd Amendment. In Plant City, there's Freedom Outfitters, Harold's Outdoors, and another small shop downtown (can't remember the name right now). There's University Gun & Pawn, and a couple of others closer to Tampa. Just over in Clearwater, there is Deer Hunter Guns. I've dealt with all of these, and my choice by far would be Deer Hunter, both for price and customer service. Some of the others mentioned are sorely lacking in those categories.
I've heard Deer Hunter Guns is OK. I went to Patriot before and wasn't impressed with with the service or prices. I tried to deal on a gun and they wouldn't even come close to others.

TampaXB
03-17-2007, 20:01
Wow, I just checked out the webpage for shootstraight. It looks pretty good. I'm gonna check it out when I get some time.