Has Ted Strickland taken office yet????? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Has Ted Strickland taken office yet?????

R.TOKER
03-09-2007, 07:09
;) I know he has taken office the title is tongue in cheek. Anyway I heard all these great things that were coming to our State with the man from Duck Run Rd. However, every time I see him , seldom as it's been, he has a deer in the headlights look on his face. You see, being a congressman you can sort of hide out, vote every three or four bills and not make any real decisions. When you are the Governor you have to run the state government. This is why Americans predominantly select Governor's over Senators to be President. Anyone else think 'ol Teddy has bitten off more than he can chew????

firedog978
03-10-2007, 06:12
As I stated in numerous posts (actually debates) here with certain people advocating his great gun rights record pre-election; WATCH OUT FOR HIM!
One must look at the entire picture and make up of a politician. We as Ohioans must be aware of the politicians' entire agenda (not just gun rights)! Another consideration is his need to be loyal to his party agenda.
Most gun rights people are conservative. Naturally, leaning right as that party tends to have an entire agenda more in line with our own. It appears our current office holder is beginning to make the moves I anticipated concerning other matters also very important to me.

COMING TO OHIO:

Higher taxes
More welfare
More social programs (at working people's expense)
More anti Iraq and anti military manuevering
More State government interference and spending
* and maybe he'll stay a gun rights guy (but I doubt it)

R.TOKER
03-10-2007, 09:08
I agree my opinion is he will be a one term Governor. Teddy has always been a fan of tax. I like how his first main project was to dig the Highway Patrol out of their $32 Million hole. Maybe they should go out and buy some more airplanes to fly those Majors and Captains around the state. You hear about county Sheriff's Offices laying people off and local Police being under funded, funny how the OSHP never has to take any cuts.

KnightOfTheOlde
03-12-2007, 00:38
I wouldn't underestimate Strickland. He's very savvy. Not saying trust worthy but one of the more intelligent politicians we've had in Ohio government in some years. I see him winning reelection unless he decides to seek higher office.

Blitzer
03-12-2007, 04:50
Originally posted by KnightOfTheOlde
I wouldn't underestimate Strickland. He's very savvy. Not saying trust worthy but one of the more intelligent politicians we've had in Ohio government in some years. I see him winning reelection unless he decides to seek higher office.

He is "very savvy", so are snakes and other vermin.

:shocked: :rant: :moonie: :soap:

R.TOKER
03-12-2007, 05:45
Sure he will probably be re-elected. The voters of Ohio would vote for the Devil is he were an incumbent. What other higher office would he like to have, President??? Don't make me laugh. His party has a woman and a man with the middle name Hussein running for that office!!!!