"Menopause, The Musical" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : "Menopause, The Musical"

Two-Gun Mary
03-09-2007, 07:22
What a HOOT! Just saw it last night with Mrs. TGM and 5 of her buddies. We haven't laughed so much in a long time. It was fast-paced and hilarious.

Men were few in number there; guess they were scared off by the title. But, guys, it's just HUMOR. It's possible to see a play or movie about homosexuality without being gay, just as it is possible for a gay guy to see a movie about heteros without changing his lifestyle.

Anyway, ladies, the lyrics were aptly adapted to popular songs and performed with skill and spirit by a wonderful cast. This troupe is now on a Midwest tour. Look for it in your area. Check www.menopausethemusical.com for schedules.

It was a delightful evening and I recommend it to everyone, though the ones who will enjoy it the most are women who are in or have been through menopause, as well as the men who live with women who......

kcb
03-09-2007, 14:02
I saw the play here in Winter Park a couple of years ago with friends that I work with!

We laughed a lot too! I bought the CD. The songs are a hoot!

The funny part for me was as I was watching the play, the actress that was playing the housewife from Iowa (was it?) looked familiar to me. I watched her closely. I thought she was maybe a friend of my mothers. Then a first name popped in my head...I checked in my program and that was her first name.

A little later, the last name came to me...and NOPE...she went to high school with ME!!!! :alex: :shocked:

I remained unsure and in disbelief...but at the end of the show, they pulled my friends and I up on the stage to dance with the cast and I managed to stand next to her. I asked if her name was....!

Her eyes got huge and she knew me right away!

:faint:

It was a great play!!

She was amazing!

:thumbsup: