Did you want to fix up that old gun? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Did you want to fix up that old gun?

hotpig
03-09-2007, 08:20
Did you want to put a new dura-coat or other finish on you gun. Compliments of the Norther Illinois voters and their politicians.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=3419&GAID=9&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=32288&SessionID=51&GA=95

RetailNinja
03-11-2007, 00:58
Hey I'm new to gun ownership. Does bull**** like this happen every freakin year? What is with all of these crazy ass bills?:shocked:

Teddybear
03-22-2007, 13:27
(Hey I'm new to gun ownership. Does bull**** like this happen every freakin year? What is with all of these crazy ass bills?)

IN THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF ILLINOIS, IT SEEMS TO BE EVERY DAY ! ! ! !:steamed:

MichiganPython
04-02-2007, 16:47
It's too bad Illinois has become so anti-gun. I was born and raised on a farm in central Illinois where hunting was a way of life......rabbits and pheasants and squirrels and maybe a few pigeons once in a while for my grandmother to make pigeon potpie. I remember my grandfather telling us stories about how he would take his .22 to school with him, put it in the corner of the coat room and then hunt rabbits on his way home. I understand all the political correctness of the this day but come on!!! What happened?

hotpig
04-02-2007, 19:06
It is mainly a Northern Illinois attitude. I live an hour SW of Springfield. Hunting is a big thing here. The first day of deer season is a school holiday.I was a little surprised when I moved here and found out that the school closed so that everybody could hunt.

Ted Nugent owns hunting property near by. John Wayne used to have about 1200 acres with a private air strip.Everybody boards or rents property to out of state hunters. It is a big cottage industry here.