Intros.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Intros....

Bilbo Baggins
03-10-2007, 12:34
thought it might be a good idea to have an intro thread to give each other a quick background on ourselves.

Mine is kinda short raised in 99 Parian lodge #662 Beaver Falls Pa. Sat in the east in 04.
Joined Scottish rite in 05 Valley of New Castle and have since let myself lapse in membership.
Moved to Georgia in 06 and have been attending Lodge in Toccoa. Considering Applying for duel membership but haven't moved on it yet.

Mike

grecco
03-10-2007, 13:48
I am a Master Mason ,ST. John's 115.
Oriental Hall, Grand Lodge of Pa.
-Gino

deputy tom
03-10-2007, 15:40
I'm a PM (and SW again for the third time) in Guyasuta Lodge #513 in Ingram Boro PA.32 degree Scottish Rite in the Valley of Pittsburgh,and Hi-Noble AAONMS Syria Temple Cheswick PA.And one day I'll go the York-Rite way as well.tom.

Hey Mike ,now I know why I haven't seen you at the PGCA and Washington show.Good luck down there Bro.tom.:thumbsup:

AnimalK
03-12-2007, 07:47
MM at my local lodge. I don't post my actual city for personal security/Law Enforcement job-related reasons, but it's in the DFW area.

I sat as Senior Steward this past year, but my JS carried most of the load, due to my work schedule. I voted for him (as did everybody else)to carry on as SS this year (and to present him with an Endowed Membership if he agreed to do so). He's a heck of a guy and performed above and beyond. I'm not disappointed to move to JS this year to assist him if he needs me.

Maybe once I retire, I can start my journey to the East.

Scunyon
03-12-2007, 20:15
Brother Scunyon here,

Senior Deacon
More Light Lodge #468
Columbia, SC
MWPHGLSC

I was raised in May of '06 and have been seeking ever since...

Always a pleasure to dwell amongst brothers:thumbsup:

Gunfitr
04-04-2007, 15:10
Brother Gunfitr here,

Member and still.... 3rd base of Aiken Lodge 156 AFM, Aiken, SC. Raised in 1996 sat in the east 2002. Belong to AASR and YR. Other affiliations KYCH, KCCH, AMD, KT Masons, YR College, Jamil Shrine Center, Aiken Shrine Club.

May peace and harmony prevail.

jack the toad.
04-07-2007, 11:51
Currently sitting in the South, also 32nd in Valley of Tulsa and a LOH member in Akdar Shrine- Tulsa.
I enjoy all aspects of being a Mason.

blue0623
04-10-2007, 05:36
Haven't been in to long, currently working on my Fellow Craft degree at East Trinity Lodge of Rockwall Tx, #157, my dad and uncle were raised master in '91 and I been wanting to join for a long time but just now got my life in order where I could.

Thought I would come back in a edit this now that I finally have my Master degree under my belt.

JayPap
04-11-2007, 09:15
Hello,

I am also in the South
32nd Degree Scottish Rite Valley of Springfield
York Rite Chapter, Council, Commandery
Melha Shrine

Brother Jay

joefred
04-11-2007, 09:56
PM Renovo Lodge #495 Renovo, PA
32nd Degree Valley of Williamsport, PA

jrr6602
04-14-2007, 20:46
I have been a Mason since 1975. I was a member of DeMolay as a teen. I belong to 3 Blue Lodges in the DFW Metroplex, Ft Worth AASR, Moslah Shrine, York Rite (RAM and Commandary), and El Texa Grotto. I am a Deputy Sheriff with Tarrant County(23yrs) and have been in Law Enforcement since 1970.

Fernman
04-19-2007, 22:06
MM and Junior Steward, Staunton Lodge #13

My father and grandfather are (were) both MM's as well. :wavey:

ede
05-19-2007, 18:47
PM black diamond 538 wellston, ohio
member of all the york rite bodies, but none are located in my lodge.
member of OES and wife is secretary
member of scotish rite valley of columbus

Duncan223
06-18-2007, 12:56
I joined a while ago and was never really very active, this is all the further I got.

Past Master, F&AM
Past High Priest, RAM
Past Thrice Illustrious Master, R&SM
Past Commander, KT
32nd Degree, AASR Eau Claire Consistory
ZOR Shrine, AAONMS
Knight Masons, Crown 'n' Cork Council
York Rite Sovereign College
Past Grand Secretary - Widows Sons Masonic Riders Association

:thumbsup:

zoyter2
06-19-2007, 05:36
MM, 32nd Degree
Anniston Fraternal #700
Anniston, Alabama.

Will sit in the West as of tonight.

Just found this fourm last night!

mmsig229
06-20-2007, 08:10
Just found this thread. Last I knew we didn't have enough interest to have our own club.......Here goes....SW in my Blue Lodge, 32ND in the Valley of Cleveland, member of Chapter, Council, and Commandery, and also in the Ohio Police Fellocraft Club (We will put on the 3RD Degree for any LEO).

9L82
06-22-2007, 17:44
What a great find!...didn't know we existed on GT.

I am a Master Mason, NC Harmony #2 Cincinnati, Ohio
AASR Vally of Cincinnati
Syrian Shriner

deputy tom
06-22-2007, 17:57
Originally posted by Duncan223
I joined a while ago and was never really very active, this is all the further I got.

Past Master, F&AM
Past High Priest, RAM
Past Commander, KT
ZOR Shrine, AAONMS

Duncan,everyone hates a slacker! LOL.tom.

mmsig229
06-22-2007, 23:36
Originally posted by 9L82
What a great find!...didn't know we existed on GT.

I am a Master Mason, NC Harmony #2 Cincinnati, Ohio
AASR Vally of Cincinnati
Syrian Shriner

Are you attending GL in Cincy this Fall??? I'll be there with two other Brothers from my Lodge.

9L82
06-23-2007, 09:53
Originally posted by mmsig229
Are you attending GL in Cincy this Fall??? I'll be there with two other Brothers from my Lodge.

I am hoping to. I am tryinh to make adjustments to my work schedule. I will look you up.

machinisttx
06-24-2007, 12:26
Just found GT and this forum.

Raised 02-03-2007 at Billie Mosse #1152 Denison TX AF&AM

Also on the first and second of this month I went through the Chapter, Council, and Commandry degrees with the exception of the SEM degree, which I took on the 9th IIRC.

Joe

USMC79to83
06-25-2007, 07:08
It's good to know we have so many Brothers here!

I was Raised about a year ago.

JS in Centenial 47.

larry harley
06-26-2007, 12:55
larry harley here
king lodge #416 bristol tennesse
hello brothers

WV45fan
07-01-2007, 20:21
MM
Wetzel Lodge No.39
West Virginia
Only been traveling for about a year

hiram2005p0
07-17-2007, 09:11
My name is Jim. I was raised in 2005,Hinkle Lodge #310 in Deming Indiana. I am Senior Steward and my Dad is Junior Steward. Dad has 29 years as a Mason. Good to meet you guys!:) :) :)

Vic Vega
07-24-2007, 21:11
I belong to two lodges in Iowa. JS in one Master in the other. Also belong to York Rite. MI and soon to be DL.

Torontogunguy
07-29-2007, 22:49
Greetings brethren
My name is Murray, located in Richmond Hill, just north of Toronto Ontario. Am a dual citizen of both the USA and Canada. No 'residence' in the USA at present although we are taking a scouting tour next month and looking to buy a home in the southwest, perhaps NM/AZ/NEV.

I am a PM of Dufferin Daylight Lodge in Toronto
An honourary Life Member of Robertson 292 in Aurora Ontario
A member of Patterson Grey, and of Heritage Lodge.
I am a Life Member of the York Rite and Scottish Rite here and a Life member of the Scottish Rite Research Society in the USA.
I am a Past District Deputy Grand Master Toronto District 7 in 2003 and get to keep the title and regalia for life (Right Worshipful). Our R.W. regalia is dark blue and lots of glittery gold trim. Very nice. The current district deputy gets to wear cuffs and his apron bears the square and compasses; his collar (also kept for life) bears the jewel of a DDGM which is the square and compasses with a star in the centre to indiate that he is a current DDGM. Once his term is over that jewel is replaced with one that has no star.

I presently serve on our Grand Lodge Committee on Lodge Finances and asides from that have not been very active this past year; looking forward to greater activity and more visitations soon.

Happy to Meet; Sorry to Part.

deputy tom
07-30-2007, 17:02
Torontogunguy,PM sent.tom.

Simian
08-05-2007, 15:32
I was raised on 10-15-02, in Springflield Lodge #217 Grand Lodge of Virginia. I am currently a member in Midlothian #211. I am also 32nd degree here in Richmond as well as a member of the local Grottoe M.O.V.P.E.R. (Mystic Order of Veiled Prophets of the Enchanted Realm.) Nice to see everyone here.

Norman
08-05-2007, 16:17
Looks like this week I will begin to meet some folks, fill out a petition, and begin the process of joining (if they'll have me, of course).

Looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

Simian
08-06-2007, 06:24
Excellent! Any help I can provide, just say the word.

Norman
08-25-2007, 11:33
Originally posted by Norman
Looks like this week I will begin to meet some folks, fill out a petition, and begin the process of joining (if they'll have me, of course).

Looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

Turned my petition in earlier this week.

It's only a matter of time, now. ;)

ArodJohns
09-07-2007, 10:57
Raised in 2004, sat Chaplain the next year after that and I love ritual. In 2005 got my York Rite degrees (I love ritual) and became Captain of the Host in Chapter and then Warder in Commandery (I just love the ritual for the York Rite). In 2006 I sat in Junior Steward and got nominated to run the projector for the lectures.

All of the York Rite bodies at my Lodge have already been selected, but hopefully they'll give me something to do in Blue Lodge. Lodge is like football in the way that it's much more fun to actually participate than to sit on the sidelines and of course, I love learning and reciting ritual.

Did I mention that I love ritual? I think I forgot to mention it somewhere. :tongueout:

Norman
09-12-2007, 18:41
Had my interview today... waiting on the investigative committee.

Torontogunguy
09-12-2007, 20:22
Masonry has been very good to us. And for us. I won't bore you with my Masonic credentials... they are lengthy almost to the point of embarrassment, culminating in my serving as District Deputy Grand Master a couple of years ago and presently serving since that time on various Grand Lodge committees. Someone once told me something about Masonry that rings very true, having gone through the experience: "In Masonry, you will get out exactly what you put in, no more and no less". In other words, don't expect a free ride, nor to be entertained. It won't happen. Participation is indeed the key and you will find that you really do get back, in spades, what you put in. I cannot begin to tell you the stories of my Masonic experience as it would take all night. It has been and continues to be a huge portion of our lives (when I say "our" lives I mean exactly that, as my wife is a Lady Freemason. And OES, Daughters of the Nile, etc.) The kids, while not involved in youth activities have their sights set on Masonry in their future.

So, do not permit yourselves to be discouraged by wee things that appear to go wrong along the path... they are bound to happen. Look at the big picture and you are bound to receive in return what you put into the fraternity.

gashog99
10-05-2007, 21:35
Originally posted by Duncan223

Past Master, F&AM
Past High Priest, RAM
Past Commander, KT
ZOR Shrine, AAONMS

Did you let anybody else do "work"? :animlol:

Did you have any free time? Seriously, when did you have time for all this work, memorization, and still have a life outside the Lodge?

I'm married with kids and have a hard time even making one of two meetings each month. I have no idea what it would be like to be an officer in one body, let alone two or three at the same time.

ander
10-12-2007, 10:13
:hugs: I just found this site,I didn't know it was on GT. I have a member of the Lodgr from 1977 untill present. I love the work and will soon help with my grandsons work and studies. Brouther's it is nice to see a place we can talk with brothers from all over.
currnet member of two Blue Lodges,

Home Lodge Florence #338,Florence, Tx alos PM
Member Copperas Cove Lodge,Copperas Cove,TX
Have been York Rite,
32nd Degree
Past trice lustice(spelling) master
PastHigh Priest
30 yr member OES, 3 time WP
wife was a 20 yr member OES
O yes,Retired 1Sgt with 26 yrs, US Army
Disabled,New Widower

Gary :grouphug: