silver creek USPSA Sat. morning? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : silver creek USPSA Sat. morning?

fryeg7
03-10-2007, 18:53
anyone else headed over to silver creek to shoot the match tomorrow morning? the weather should be great (relatively speaking :) ) i've been loading rounds for the match this evening and even cleaned my pistol :).

frye

edited to change Sat. to Sun. . . . .

GLW
03-10-2007, 19:11
I plan to be there shooting production with my Deanorized G-34!

45gunner
03-10-2007, 19:54
I will be there tommorrow as well.

GLW
03-11-2007, 19:46
Boy, what a fun day! Great weather, great courses of fire, great friends and a great gun!

This was the first chance I've had to put my G-34 through it's paces at a match since KYgundoc performed his magic on it. The trigger is clean and consistent and the gun tracks like no other glock I own. It just begs to run fast!! Thanks Dean!!! (Now if you could just do something about that nut behind the trigger...)

Hope to see you all next month.

fryeg7
03-11-2007, 20:59
anyone else shoot the third array in 'the car' from inside the 'windshield' instead of from the outside? i got my first procedurals today, all six of them :sad: . i realized what i'd done about the third or forth shot into the array . . . :laughabove: . i wasn't the only one in my squad to do it.

other than that and blowing the strong-hand stage, i had a pretty good shooting day and a lot of fun. i didn't even let the texas star get me too bad and the weather was damn near perfect for a match :).

frye

KYgundoc
03-11-2007, 21:42
Anyone else have sore knees from the classifier? I will bring knee pads from now on. Don't feel bad about the car stage Greg we had one guy shoot the entire stage from inside the wind shield area of the car. He did admit to talking too much during the stage briefing. Those little 6 inch plates just kept jumping over my bullets on the stage with the barrels. To second what Grady said Great day, Great friends and some challenging stages. Thanks for the kind words about my Gunsmithing Grady as you know I do take allot of pride in my work and the positive feedback is welcome. Teamspringfield was our RO today and he ran the stages buy the book but was flexible enough to keep the stages moving along and all the shooter having fun. Most of the GT crowd was on our squad so it was moved right along. Looks like Teamspringfield and 45 gunner have their grove back after the winter break as both of them shot very well today.
DF

fryeg7
03-11-2007, 23:18
oh, i paid attention and had it all planned out ;) . i just had a tremendous brain fart and didn't scooch across the seat for the last array. once i realized what i'd done, i was about to the last target, so i just dumped what was left in my mag into the last target in frustration . . . . you live and learn, hopefully :)

two other guys on my squad did the same thing that stage, and lee shot the last array on the port stage not through the port :) . it was going around.

the classifier didn't hurt my knees, but it did a number on my pinky knuckles and elbows. i'm tall, so i practically had to lay in the barrel to shoot. i couldn't get down low enough on my knees to see the targets :rofl: . my elbows didn't bleed, but i've got cuts on my pinky knuckles from where people had shot the barrel. they could have used a smoother barrel :).

frye

Houngan
03-12-2007, 06:03
Come on Greg, own up to everything. Right before you shot, you were telling Pete "Don't forget to shoot the right array from outside the windshield." Pointing out the current shooter, the transition, etc.

Result? Pete steps up and shoots the right array through the windshield. We give Pete crap about it. Then you step up and do the same thing!!!

The brain can fade at the worst possible times . . . like my procedural on the next stage, and taking off all my gear with one stage to go. :upeyes:

Anyway, like Grady said, hell of a day for a shoot, and it feels great to be out in the sunlight where I can see the sights.

H.

Berretta9
03-12-2007, 06:40
I thought only IDPA shot on your knees and inside barrells ??

Houngan
03-12-2007, 07:53
Originally posted by Berretta9
I thought only IDPA shot on your knees and inside barrells ??

Nah, they're just the only ones who insist on calling it "tactical." :)

H.

Berretta9
03-12-2007, 12:54
Ooohhhh so it's a word thing. Never shot IDPA and thought it was supposed to be different. Sorry I missed Sunday but was too busy to make it.

45gunner
03-12-2007, 18:54
I shot really great for me and well enough that Im convinced that practicing is the only way to get out of a slump.:banana:

Grady, Dean and Teamspringfield were really shooting well.

And just went I thought no one could beat my time Grady would always beat me by 2 or 3 seconds on courses where I noticed. Maybe more on others.

I had a great time and the weather was super.