Youth groups [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Youth groups

Mrs. VR
03-10-2007, 21:02
Im curious to hear how the Masonic youth groups around the country are doing. Rainbow, Jobies, DeMolay, are they thriving or faltering where you are?

Around here, there has been a serious decline in membership over the years of ALL the affiliated groups, but I know that at least the Rainbow Girls have been trying to do things to make it more relevant and competitive with everything that the kids have going on today.

RED64CJ5
03-15-2007, 10:31
Based on the two towns where I am affiliated with lodges, I can say there is no activity for the youth organizations. My parent lodge used to be active with DeMolay and Rainbow Girls, but that's not been since the 70's.

In Texas recently, there was an issue sent out by the Grand Lodge that basically distanced us from the Job's Daughters due to their screening process for adults involved.

Mrs. VR
03-15-2007, 17:45
Originally posted by dudeyougotadell
Based on the two towns where I am affiliated with lodges, I can say there is no activity for the youth organizations. My parent lodge used to be active with DeMolay and Rainbow Girls, but that's not been since the 70's.

In Texas recently, there was an issue sent out by the Grand Lodge that basically distanced us from the Job's Daughters due to their screening process for adults involved. wow, that's unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear it. :sad:

A_Fletcher
03-15-2007, 22:38
Same here. We have Blue Lodge bodies and Eastern star but the nearest DeMolay and Rainbow chapters are almost 40 miles away. It's kind of sad. There are some excellent young people that I've met that I know would make only positive contributions to both organizations.